• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Analog joystick, running in circles. (1 Viewer)

Arneweise

RedCents
25¢
Hello,

I don't even own a joystick, so I can't test this myself. That is why I ask you guys.

Is it possible to connect an analog joystick to EQ?

If yes, could you calibrate it (or lean a book against it) to always pull a little to the right, so you would end up running in these perfect circles without using any third party software?

Would this be technically possible?

Cheers,
AW

It may be possible :)

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/Tips.htm
[AllaKhazam's note: I have not verified this personally]. There is a joystick setup wchich can work with Everquest. The trick is to buy one of the Gravis Line of Joysticks that supports their "keyset manager" software. This package, that comes with the joysticks, allows you to program the directional pad as well as 10 programmable buttons on the joystick to emulate keyboard functions. It works great in conjunction with placing commands in your "hotbox" section in everquest. Hope this will Help some of you all out there with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. The joysticks that work are: Gravis Gamepad Pro, Gravis Blackhawk and Gravis Xterminator. I might mention that the package requires you to associate it with an EXE extension to know when to use the joystick. Be sure to associate this with eqgame.exe and not the everquest.exe, or it won't work. (Submitted by Darque Assault)

It is possible. I've done it recently with a PS3 controller while I was playing FFXIV. Easy? Mmmh, new to computers or can't find drivers / intermediate software might have trouble so let's call it an even hour.

Setting up macros? Looking at EQ controls and deciding what to macro, may take 20 min.

Adding in a keyboard shortcut software on top of it is relatively easy. Then more complex macros become available.

Also, you can also play EQ, WoW or whatever MMO you want with the PS3 Eye (camera) ala the Kinect with the SKELETON framework that you can find via a Google search. The framework was/is made by a University CS team.

Cool stuff.

Personally I'd only do the PS3 eye thing on a raid or group so I could record myself on video and put it on youtube.

The PS3 controller works beautifully via bluetooth with my tiny bluetooth dongle so it wins overall. Switching from that to type/chat is a pain though.
It can also be run via USB when the power gets low or just if you prefer a cord or don't have a bluetooth adapter.

I'll have my PS3 remote set up before Progression launch.

Analog joystick, running in circles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back