• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - AMD Radeon Update allows me to see Greens in EQ finally! (1 Viewer)

craggyisland

Unwise Decision Designator
RedCents
499¢
Hurray!!! :swoon:

Finally I can see greens in my favorite game correctly. Other games have already included this feature such as EVE Online, possibly WoW? (can't remember been so long since I played that crap). Though all of us color deficient EQ players had little hope for this to ever be fixed. I have no clue if NVIDIA ever had this feature but if they did already that's great, never bought one of there cards. I am blown away at all these brilliant colors in EQ finally.

Not only does this fix EverQuest for me but literally everything is now displayed correctly for me. If any other color deficient players out there missed this recent update GET IT NOW.

Oh even found a lame AMD promo video of this feature.

I've never tried to adjust the colors for this purpose and not sure if this effects the games. But there are options in the NVidia control panel for "Adjust desktop colour settings"
1619706585854.png

Glad you're able to enjoy Everquest colors and graphics!

I believe this does more complicated stuff in the background for each of the 3 types of deficiencies. I know things like EnChroma glasses fool the brain into seeing colors better by filtering out specific wavelengths allowing your brain to see whatever you had a deficiency in.

Things in the MQ window are WAY easier to read now, I guess I was use to it and did not notice. Stuff like /status invis , before enabling this I kinda had to look closer to see if the red / green was red or green. Its hard to explain, now I very clearly see INVIS as either red or green.

I went my whole life til about 3 years ago not even knowing I had color defiency, I went to school for a year to get a certificate in order to get a job at a company that was sponsoring the program. I passed with flying colors (haha) and got the job (hurray), then a week in they gave everyone an eye test which included a color test. Well I failed it and was not allowed to continue doing that job. Lucky for me they kept me and put me in another position which was just as good pay wise and honestly easier. But yeah the color thing did have an effect on my life and I never knew I had it cause it's kinda a mild green deficiency compared to how bad it can get.

There's a lot of soldiers that end up with jobs in transportation management because of color blindness limiting their available fields of work. While I myself am not color blind, I knew a lot of soldiers that were. My brother is one of them and he actually had trouble with reds/greens dealing with traffic lights. He doesn't actually look at the color of the light, but instead the location where it's bright to know if it's red/green.

Yeah he sounds like his is worse then mine. I can tell the colors on the lights. Its wierd the times it shows up for me. Things like seeing green on potatoes is next to impossible for me, I just notice they look grey. Its good to see these universal system wide color deficiency fixes finally being adopted. More people have this then you would think.

i got halfway through this thread thinking it was some weird bug with radeon cards (im always invidia) because ive never heard it referred to as color deficient- i just thought it was what people were calling the bug lol. It is pretty cool that there are such things available for people that are colorblind in one way or another, i remember god..24years ago lol...the fire department i was on one of the fulltime guys was color blind and there were always jokes because apparently there were some things they had to do involving knowing what colors different wires were in the alarm boxes or something. He manage but idk what he did. I know he said it was certain shades of a color he could see and others looked the opposite (red/green or..orange/purple maybe? idk, he had multiple color issues) but no it wasnt anyone making fun of him, they were HIS jokes lol (i just don't remember any of them)

Well in most peoples cases their color deficiency is something they've had their entire life. When you're taught as a child that "this is green, this is red" if you're able to tell the two apart at all you just see that as normal.

In other's cases, or where the colors are different shades, the color differences aren't as obvious. Which makes it hard to tell the difference from one color to another. Since you have to figure that all colors are a mixture of the three primary color groups, having a deficiency in one, two, or even 3 of the main colors can cause you issues all along the light spectrum.

Color corrections have been added to most electronic devices in some fashion for a long time, allowing for exactly this scenario. If someone with a color deficiency setup their TV's RGB's to work for their color blindness I'm sure you would start to understand the gravity of their deficiency when you sat down to watch the TV with them with those adjustments in place.

Last edited:
Tech - AMD Radeon Update allows me to see Greens in EQ finally!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back