• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Alot of ?'s Offset, Macro, MQ and computer related. Please Read. (1 Viewer)

nijhal

RedCents
10¢
Ok you guys are going to think Im a vicodin freak since I always tell you Im hopped upon pain pills and thats when I sit and think. But I got a medical condition and no insurance until my medicade is approved, so my cousin the Dr give me pain pills until I can have problems fixed lol. So thats why I ask so much questions, cause Im getting a million ideas.

That said heres my disclaimer and questions

**Disclaimer**
Some of this might have been addressed in other threads but just including in case someone feels the will to link or re-explain.

Macro Related:

• For "/doevents" is there a way to call this to check for only one of your events and not all of them? i.e. "/doevents hit" or something?
  • I have asked this before, but I forgot, how do I add ini file support, can someone give me a very simple example of code to put in a macro so I may start this?
  • What does 'int outer', 'string outer' and 'outer' mean exactly?
  • As for my doevents question, if there is a way to check for a single event and not all, how would I do this for say a spell fizzling to make it go back to recasting the spell? Assuming the event that makes it cast is #event Haste "#*#your speed of salik spell has worn off of#*#" and if it fizzles have it go back to that sub?
  • For common subs I use in many macros, like GMCheck that I want to make it into an include, would that just be #include GMCheck.inc and sub would be Sub GMCheck /call GMCheck.inc /return?

Offset Related:

• How do you find offsets? Anyone got a guide or anything?
  • What happened to weightlock 24?
  • Was Weightlock 24 only clientside? i.e. did it work for Monks and their ac bonus for having low weight?
  • Is there any way to copy macros I have made to 3 different macro folders on three different computers at the same tiem? Instead of copy and paste to each one?

Computer Related:

• I have noticed recently with Piggyzone when you type /zone zonename it pauses for 5-10 seconds before actually zoning, is this happening to anyone else?
  • When a new version of MQ is out and I need to overwrite old files, even though I shut down MQ2 and sometimes end process tree, I still get MQ2Main.dll is still in use. Does anyone else have this problem? If so is there a way to fix it?
  • In reguards to MQ2Map, low level cons are now showing up as grey instead of green like they used to (due to TSS change in cons) is there any way to make these grey mobs green again so they are easier to see?

Sorry for all the questions, but like I said, vicodin gets me thinking and I have been pondering this stuff for a long time. I really appriciate any answers to any of the above questions. I would really like to continue to ccontribute o the community here, answers here will help. Thanks again.

N

Edited for me being a loopy moron and not adding in what the questions were related to.

Macro Related:

* For "/doevents" is there a way to call this to check for only one of your events and not all of them? i.e. "/doevents hit" or something? Pretty much, yep.
* What does 'int outer', 'string outer' and 'outer' mean exactly? An "int" is an integer, ie, a number that has no decimals. A string is a word, or a series of words. Outer / Global / local are used by the macro to determine on what scale the variable is applied...ie, local = only in that sub, global = for everything, and until mq is shut down.
* As for my doevents question, if there is a way to check for a single event and not all, how would I do this for say a spell fizzling to make it go back to recasting the spell? Assuming the event that makes it cast is #event Haste "#*#your speed of salik spell has worn off of#*#" and if it fizzles have it go back to that sub? Use MQ2Cast or Spell_Routines.inc. These both have fizzle checks.
* For common subs I use in many macros, like GMCheck that I want to make it into an include, would that just be #include GMCheck.inc and sub would be Sub GMCheck /call GMCheck.inc /return? Do the #include, then just call the sub like you would any other. Think of #include as just pasting that code down at the bottom of your macro.

Offset Related:

* How do you find offsets? Anyone got a guide or anything? The best guides, the ones I learned from, were at F-H.com
* What happened to weightlock 24? People may simply not have chosen to update it.
* Is there any way to copy macros I have made to 3 different macro folders on three different computers at the same tiem? Instead of copy and paste to each one? In a simple way, no.

Computer Related:

* I have noticed recently with Piggyzone when you type /zone zonename it pauses for 5-10 seconds before actually zoning, is this happening to anyone else?That's because the Max_Zone offset changed recently, and the correct one hasn't been figured out yet. The one that is used in the new version of RedQuest is 0x197. When the Max_Zone offset is bigger or smaller than it should be, it can cause piggyzone to take more time to calculate things.
* When a new version of MQ is out and I need to overwrite old files, even though I shut down MQ2 and sometimes end process tree, I still get MQ2Main.dll is still in use. Does anyone else have this problem? If so is there a way to fix it?Unload MQ2 first, then shut down the program. If you are using WinEQ, you'll need to shut it and your EQ instances down, too.
* In reguards to MQ2Map, low level cons are now showing up as grey instead of green like they used to (due to TSS change in cons) is there any way to make these grey mobs green again so they are easier to see?Not in an easy way. I'm sure you could mess with the sourcecode to do it, but then you'd have to recompile yourself.

Thanks Z your responses helped alot, one more thing to say, maybe you can help...

* When a new version of MQ is out and I need to overwrite old files, even though I shut down MQ2 and sometimes end process tree, I still get MQ2Main.dll is still in use. Does anyone else have this problem? If so is there a way to fix it?Unload MQ2 first, then shut down the program. If you are using WinEQ, you'll need to shut it and your EQ instances down, too.

I have done this, /unload, logged out, shut down mq2, even tried end process and end process tree on mq2. I still wind up having to kill a bunch more processes or just reboot to update. This happens on all three of my computers. Guess I will just have to live with it unless you can see whats wrong. And I did try right clickin on mq icon in tray and exiting, still no dice. Strage thing is I have mq2 in my startup configuration, so when I shut it down right after boot up, I dont have the problem.

N

If it tells you mq2main is still in use after you have shut down, retsart mq2 and end it again. Dunno why, but it works for me.

I get that problem a lot when compiling and testing the plugin , making a change and recompiling.

Alot of ?'s Offset, Macro, MQ and computer related. Please Read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back