• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

alot of bans on progressional (1 Viewer)

ac1dgenocide

RedCents
743¢
They've been banning alot of people on Progressional for warping, I'm gonna try and stay away from it for a while I Guess.

seems they've finally fixed the exploit where if you unplug your modem, run across the zone, plug it back in, and your char warps to that spot. So now if you unplug, run, it will warp you BACK to where you unplugged your router at. (This used to be a nice thing to do when you needed to get by a see invis, you'd unplug, run past it, plug it back in and it wouldn't agro you.)

I've avoided them (The progression servers) for that reason. Let others go back to the stone age. I've been there and I don't miss it.

I agree, it's bad enough lvling new toons up with current zones and gear. Maybe I'm just lazy, but that isn't fun to me anymore.

Hell it wasn't even fun back then. It wasn't the killing or the encounters back then, it was playing with friends in an online 3D world that made it good. The only reason progression is popular is so people can race to be #1.

I liked it back in the day because it well $hit it was 1999 How many RPGS where on line back then? But now thats ok you can have it Been there had the coffie dont wnat it agin.

I have to disagree here. I have been an end game raider since the beginning. I have always been in a guild that beats CURRENT end game content, pushing against other guilds for server wide firsts.

A lot of things went wrong with EQ over the years. A lot of bad decisions were made in terms of developement. The things that people fell in love with, made the game magical and immersive, steadily were removed as the game because less challenging.

Mudflation has completely elmininated a lot of the ultra fun play in the game, such as ultra social mobs....

I had the same thought process prior to rolling on one of the progression servers....

Why would I want to go back and beat content that I have already beaten when it was NEW content and the THING to be doing... I found out a lot of my old retired guildmates were coming out of retirement to make another run so I decided to roll a toon for shits and giggles...

Turns out, the magic is still there. The game had just been slowly hosed over time that you forget what it was exactly that hooked you.....let me tell you...a lot of people are remembering again.

The Fear factor....fear of death penalties...fear of corpse runs....fear of faction hits.

Starting from scratch, even the most trivial thing on a regular server has meaning on a progression server.....the components for that spell you have been wanting to reseach is BIG SHIT all of a sudden.....

I think over time, not only has the game changed but the gamers who play the game. I see a lot more people wanting to play an easy mindless game that isnt very challenging. I see people wanting to plow up levels and go 1-70 in a week.

Back in the day, people spend a MONTH of hard grinding trying to get lvl 60 because lvl 59 was such a bitch ass level....lets not even visit the pre-50 hell levels.....

I dunno...i sort of see it as the "WoWification" of everquest to the point that EQ is becoming a shitty dumber version of wow with obsolete zones that are ghost towns. I love that every zone I visit is populated with players. I like that there are no instances and you ahve to compete and team up to be successful.....

i could just go on and one about how the magic of EQ has been eroded by poor decisions by the dev teams caving to the squeaky wheels.

I mean, sure there are some aspects of the game that are huge improvements like the in game maps, find, etc... the are some aspects that were removed that were cool too though.....corpse runs, the importance of faction, research, player crafting (original and current EQ only) and class interdependence.....(too much over lap these days)

anyway, ill jump off the soap box now.

got popped last night, even with all of the precautions i have taken. I have no idea what specifically I did that may have gotten me in trouble; however, I know that it wasn't anything I did last night. This tells me that there must have been logging that automatically happened.....

I am pretty sure it was probably chain zoning.

I just came back from a weeks vacation to find my Mage rolled back about 15 levels. At first I had been caught in a death bind/loop or something, but I definately had been rolled back as spells I knew I had weren't in book.
I guess it's better then a ban/suspension, but hey I was gone 9 days so maybe I got one of those without a warning email...
/boggle

okay I just got an answer to my petition and it seems I just got the roll back instead of a ban/suspension.
I guess it was from when I /zoned right on top of a GM that one day, doh!
going to keep a low profile for a while, I've been using MQ since the days of plaz, never had a problem with anything I did until I started /warp and /zone'ing all over the trail, damn I'm lazy.

No offense, but you folks cracking the progressional server are just begging to get your accounts banned.
The GM's are watching it like half witted hawks, but still hawks none the less.

I know you like your account, why hack on a server ment to bring back the old wonder and magic that EQ held?
You can do that on a normal server and have a lot less of a chance of losing your account.

I mean how many of you that are cracking the progressional servers have other higher level characters on the same account on a different server?
Is it really worth losing them just to replay something you've been over years ago, with 1337 h4% now?
In my opinion it kind of kills the whole point of even going to the progressional.

I'm not trying to be rude guys, I just really don't understand why you would put yourselves at such risk, unless of course somewhere in your subconcious mind you want to get banned ;P
In my humble opinion, I don't think the progressional server should be getting hacked and cracked, it's for the people who want to experience EQ in the same way that they did years ago. You guys are just asking for trouble and ruining it for the people who want to play in a legit way.

Save the hacking and cracking for the normal servers, It's just not worth it in the end to do it there.

A guy I group with every day has been hacking since day 1, not so much as a tell and he does everything including Zoneshift. You people must be doing it blatant enough to get petitioned.

I landed right on top of a GM one day, pretty sure that's how I got pinched.
Like you say though it's not the half wit GM's it's the pissed off players that petition you.

I think alot of it is the mentally of the people using MQ2,, I was sitting in PoK over the weekend with some idiot doing the /ooc " Can someone help me get my Macroquest window back up,, I typed something wrong and now its gone ".

Now either he has the mentally of a Turd or he was a smart GM trying to trick people into sending him a /tell and collecting names.. Either way I always cringe when i see people talking about MQ in /ooc.

Maybe its just me I don’t talk about MQ2 at all when playing or offline *other then here* there is no reason for that kind of stuff. As for the gms I was Pigging testing to see if I had the Loc in the right spot from Free port to EC to WC to KF and for some reason I popped up half way in the ground and couldn’t get out at all Evan with warp Keep telling me some thing about unable to connect didn’t understand it, but some GM was running threw the zone and saw me there*don’t know how cut my head was the only thing showing and I'm a DWF* but he just Popped me up out of the ground and asked me how I got there.... Not sure if he took down my Name of some thing but didn’t get any letters or any thing that was about 2-3 days ago.... O well we will see what happens

alot of bans on progressional

Users who are viewing this thread

Back