• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Agents of Change intro? (1 Viewer)

Fanra has an explanation:

Agent of Change:
An Agent of Change (AoC) is an NPC that offers you a raid instance for raid mobs created before raid instancing was added to the game. Originally only on Progression servers, the September 15, 2021 game update is expected to add them for All Access members on all servers.
To access the instanced raid, you need speak to an Agent of Change outside the zone.
  • Allakhazam - List of Agents of Change

• Regular named can and will spawn in the instance.
  • The instance zone-in location can vary.
  • In some cases the instance zone out is weird.
  • Trash mobs generally don't respawn in Agent of Change instanced zones or they may have limited trash pop to start with.
  • You need six players to start an AoC instance. One online and the other five can be offline. It is reported that mercenaries can count.
  • Once started, there is no need for others to zone into the instance.
  • Most trash mobs do not respawn, there are exceptions.
  • Raid mobs will spawn when the instance is created.
  • Quest mobs have a chance to spawn but this is not automatic.
  • Experience may be reduced since the purpose of the AoC instance is to make raid mobs available, not for experience.
  • Named mobs may appear.

mercs dont work on FV afaik.... need 6 real accounts

Offline toons count, though, so you don't need 6 accounts. You need 2 accounts. One account with the toon doing the raid, and a 2nd account with 5 characters that you can log in and add to the group one by one before the main account requests the raid.

Can non-all access zone in if an all access member requests?
Not from what I am understanding - and it was in the announcement

Agents of Change are now available for all-access members on all servers.

There is a debate if there should be a warning when the all access player request the raid to show a warning on the lines of:

Your membership does not allow this action, consider upgrading

if there is a Silver or F2P in the group

Last night in Feerroot I got the PoFear DZ, 6 characters, all online, all there, all paid accounts. Say ready to him, and it tells everyone they're not cleared to enter PoFear and poofs them to evac spot in Feerroot. Go back say ready again, 3 zone in, 3 get evac'd. Back again, 1 of the 3 zones in. Two were never able to. And they're my two oldest accounts. So I dunno wtheck...

Last night in Feerroot I got the PoFear DZ, 6 characters, all online, all there, all paid accounts. Say ready to him, and it tells everyone they're not cleared to enter PoFear and poofs them to evac spot in Feerroot. Go back say ready again, 3 zone in, 3 get evac'd. Back again, 1 of the 3 zones in. Two were never able to. And they're my two oldest accounts. So I dunno wtheck...
they've been implemented poorly and tons of people have been reporting similar issues. supposedly sometimes zoning back and forth a couple times helps

need to wait for the DZ window to check the status.. found out this morning however.. if you join, then go to another char,, the lockouts dont carry... use it as you will. They dialed back the aggressive check.. now it lets things through

Was trying this out tonight on FV - so from what I can tell, a subbed account can request the aoc instance when grouped with other free to play characters BUT only the subbed account is flagged to zone in.

So don't need to have more than one gold account to get the instance but only gold characters are able to zone in.

Was trying this out tonight on FV - so from what I can tell, a subbed account can request the aoc instance when grouped with other free to play characters BUT only the subbed account is flagged to zone in.

So don't need to have more than one gold account to get the instance but only gold characters are able to zone in.
also, as i mentioned earlier.. it wasnt assigning lockouts per account, but per char.. did they get that fixed?

Question - Agents of Change intro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back