• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

adding more toons to ini (1 Viewer)

Lewie

RedCents
I'm finding it rather odd. I have three PCs. All three have MQ2 loaded and working. PC:A allows me to add any toon i want and it works just fine. PC:B will run all the toons i listed months back but now when i add more toons to the ini they crash once i load the mac.
PC:C does the same. The path to the eqclient is correct yet for some damn reason i cant add any more toons to the later two
Input, advice?
Am i over looking the obvious? *More often than not that is the case. I may just need a fresh perspective*

all three are running the same mq and reds. I have no clue why it is doing this.
I removed the ini. swaped the one from the fully working system still yet the same thing... Only the one that worked before...

I had something simular and I deleted all the dlls kept my ini and it worked with rq7.xx
I also had to start over on my ini and just load the current dlls, and kept my macro folder the same with the 9.xx and just loaded only what i needed and I had to do that with 5 machines.
all in all I got them all up and running this time making sure the UI's I were running in eqgame itself were the correct UI's see post RQ page 7 post number 102
I hope this helps

Last edited:
The other thing to check is to make sure the ini files are not flagged as read only. That could possibly cause issues. There is a utility I use called 'Unlocker' that will see what processes are accessing a file, so you might try it to check out if anything else has those files open, and are keeping any changes from occurring.

It also could be an issue of how the particular macro is accessing the ini files. You might post the particular macro that is causing the issues, as it may be a compiled version issue, or maybe an OS issue? Are you running any of those on Vista? Maybe it is a security issue as to what level of access the process is running under?

Also, when you are moving the ini files around, do you manually edit them? If so, is the editor possibly adding a txt extension to the filename or something like that on only the 1 pc?

Just some random thoughts there on the problem as I typed, hope any of it helps you there :)

adding more toons to ini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back