• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Account organization (1 Viewer)

Bregan

RedCents
608¢
I'm having a ton of fun and I'm starting to create a crap load of characters and try different things out. I created an account at launch, but didn't level it much... so I'm basically entirely new to this. How do you guys organize your accounts? At first, I didn't pay much mind to it, but then realized it may be beneficial to have the same types on the same account (ie, Shadow Knight, Warrior, Paladin, etc.) I want to try and get this right in the beginning and have at least 3 accounts on All Access (first 3), and some fillers without it. Blue is stuff I have yet to create, red I plan on deleting.

Here is what I have so far:

1611072128398.png

As a side note, I'm noticing on the Full Access accounts, the healers are extremely powerful (unkillable, and big heals). They keep me alive much better than my Shaman (who is always running out of mana.) I tried setting her to not DPS, but it doesn't seem to help much.

Last edited:
I do something similar where I had my tanks on one account, healers on another account, etcetera. It works out pretty well for me.

I run two groups seriously:
  • SHD, SHM, BRD, BST, BER, BER
  • WAR, CLR, ENC, MAG, ROG, MNK
I try to keep these two groups at the same level so I can swap them out and create different combinations. However with the account org thing, it works for me like SHD/WAR, SHM/CLR, BRD/MAG, ENC/BST, BER/ROG, BER/MNK. Therefore, I've added a few more accounts to provide more flexibility and other options, you'll likely do the same. I have had chats with people about how they organize their accounts and a lot of people like to keep everything separate it seems.

I agree that it would likely be wise to not share character names publicly just in case. This confused me at first too but a few people explained why and straightened me out.

I do something similar where I had my tanks on one account, healers on another account, etcetera. It works out pretty well for me.

I run two groups seriously:
  • SHD, SHM, BRD, BST, BER, BER
  • WAR, CLR, ENC, MAG, ROG, MNK
I try to keep these two groups at the same level so I can swap them out and create different combinations. However with the account org thing, it works for me like SHD/WAR, SHM/CLR, BRD/MAG, ENC/BST, BER/ROG, BER/MNK. Therefore, I've added a few more accounts to provide more flexibility and other options, you'll likely do the same. I have had chats with people about how they organize their accounts and a lot of people like to keep everything separate it seems.

I agree that it would likely be wise to not share character names publicly just in case. This confused me at first too but a few people explained why and straightened me out.

Thanks, I was considering replacing one of my berserkers with a beastlord on my melee team, which is shaping up as my main team.

14 character slots, 14 unique classes on each account, 6 accounts :P
Tanks is war/sk on each account with 2 paladins thown in.
shaman and cleric on each account
the rest is various mix of caster/melee dps

Endless possibilities.

I run 1 x Tank Account, 1 x Healer Account, 1 x Crowd Control Account and 3 x DPS Account

Then within the DPS accounts, I have them setup for Pure Melee, Hybrid/Melee, Caster DPS, Caster Pet DPS etc

So I can basically run every type of group

Keep your Tanks and healers on different accounts when you are building. This way you can still Powerlevel the next tank with the 1st tank you have built up etc.

Stacking them on the same account makes it simple in your head, but it makes it hard to buff, heal, and mix across.

That makes a lot of sense, but how do you use one to power level the other? I'm still a bit confused on how to do that. Right now, I'm just getting everything up to level 15 with bones. I plan on having a different team with each Tank, melee with shadow knight, caster with warrior, then the paladin that i plan on fitting in a Necro/druid... not sure how that 3rd team will go yet.

I'm having a ton of fun and I'm starting to create a crap load of characters and try different things out. I created an account at launch, but didn't level it much... so I'm basically entirely new to this. How do you guys organize your accounts? At first, I didn't pay much mind to it, but then realized it may be beneficial to have the same types on the same account (ie, Shadow Knight, Warrior, Paladin, etc.) I want to try and get this right in the beginning and have at least 3 accounts on All Access (first 3), and some fillers without it. Blue is stuff I have yet to create, red I plan on deleting.

Here is what I have so far:

View attachment 27482

As a side note, I'm noticing on the Full Access accounts, the healers are extremely powerful (unkillable, and big heals). They keep me alive much better than my Shaman (who is always running out of mana.) I tried setting her to not DPS, but it doesn't seem to help much.

Agree with comments above. Tank & Cleric should be two standalone accts, then i do one toon per acct to prevent me falling into the alt trap. Each char is a main that way and I can plan their development, subscriptions based on my monthly plan for subs.

Question - Account organization

Users who are viewing this thread

Back