• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Access to path is denied MQ2\Macros\.gitmodules (1 Viewer)

RedCents
30¢
Running the Launcher. It installed awhile back with no issues. Now when I try to click install on Very Vanilla I get this error. AV is disabled, not using Onedrive\Google drive and I can see anywhere in Windows where it's occupying the file. User is an administrator and I have tried running the launcher as Administrator to no avail. Any ideas?
1689857858134.png
Thanks!

Running the Launcher. It installed awhile back with no issues. Now when I try to click install on Very Vanilla I get this error. AV is disabled, not using Onedrive\Google drive and I can see anywhere in Windows where it's occupying the file. User is an administrator and I have tried running the launcher as Administrator to no avail. Any ideas?
View attachment 49905
Thanks!
You also want to check your quarantine from your antivirus because even if you turned off your antivirus but the file is quarantined it's still might being held up

Good call, sadly Quarantine is empty..
I'm not sure why it's looking at gitmodules but do you have anything else that is open and looking at those files any sort of git manager.

I would do a fresh reboot of your computer and then try running the launcher again

I'm not sure why it's looking at gitmodules but do you have anything else that is open and looking at those files any sort of git manager.

I would do a fresh reboot of your computer and then try running the launcher again
Did that a few times to no avail.

However, something is wonky. So I replaced the .gitmodules file from another PC where its working just fine. I was able to get past that error. But now its hanging on \rgmercs\.gitkeep. Even after replacing it from the working PC.

Problem - Access to path is denied MQ2\Macros\.gitmodules

Users who are viewing this thread

Back