• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Aaronayer Mission CoV (1 Viewer)

wymranar

I <3 SKs *kissy face*
RedCents
888¢
Hey everyone,

so I just started working on COV and I’ve finally gotten to the Aary missions. I’ve watched sics vid and looked at a few guides, but I realize that they’ve changed some things since it was first released.

Everything is going fine up until I get to the damn orbs. Right now my strategy involves parking my group, then running to grab both the earth and fire orbs…. Then I die.

I can’t seem to find the aura I’m supposed to drag them to. Which orb am I supposed to grab and where exactly do I drag it? Does the aura location change each time? How do I find the aura? Does anyone have any other orb related tips?

thanks!

@zuesizgod oh man I don’t know how you do that.
Ok, I just barely beat it and this is what I figured out:

I was confused about the aura because I was looking for an aura on the ground. But, it’s better described as a sparkling light area. So, I grabbed the fire orb, then the earth orb came along also, and dragged both to the sparkling red lights and they poofed

Hey everyone,

so I just started working on COV and I’ve finally gotten to the Aary missions. I’ve watched sics vid and looked at a few guides, but I realize that they’ve changed some things since it was first released.

Everything is going fine up until I get to the damn orbs. Right now my strategy involves parking my group, then running to grab both the earth and fire orbs…. Then I die.

I can’t seem to find the aura I’m supposed to drag them to. Which orb am I supposed to grab and where exactly do I drag it? Does the aura location change each time? How do I find the aura? Does anyone have any other orb related tips?

thanks!
Don't bother dragging them anywhere. Just aggro them and them let them sit on you. Target yourself so your team doesn't waste timers on them. Dont try and move them anywhere, they are just now your new friends.

Biggest things in this mission are

a: don't move unless you have to. Your healer needs to be able to heal you, and can't do that if you are running around when u don't need to be. I've helped a TON of people who's problem was simply running around for no reason and not standing still.

b: don't NOT move when you need to. Don't let your dudes get trapped by the poo because you were standing in it and didn't move out of it. Just move out of it, you don't have to move across the planet, just out of the poo.

c: overthinking. You don't *need* to bother running the orbs to auras, or punting or rooting them. Trying to do too much will result in failure of a and b.

Use dragon glyph on everyone before you pull if u need extra safety to secure a kill. Like many things in eq, once you get it, it'll get so much easier to get it again.

Any more now, I just put everyone on ChaseAssist and run my tank around the area and kill all the things. It's missions like this that make me glad I roll with 2 priests. Shaman and cleric both healing and I never even have to think about dropping too low.

The orb mechanic, if done "properly" is to drag each to it's corresponding aura, earthen orb to the brown rocks aura, fire orb to the red sparkles, etc. Ideally you have 2 character independently agro each orb and drag it to the appropriate aura. There is a punishment mechanic for dropping an orb in the wrong aura. This would be incredibly difficult for a boxer, so best to just tank them and heal through.

Gratz on the win. Now to do the Max Echo achieve.

Using the event triggers in the other Aary thread and two healers the max echo is virtually trivial. I had a cleric and shammy running and got it first try. Also, fun fact, once the mission gets max echo you can add and drop players... we dropped five players and re-added five others... it didn't matter that the people who did max echo weren't in the expedition anymore when the chest was opened.

So, go get yourself 10 kronos from 5 people who need the achievement and have deep pockets.

If you're good enough, you can avoid the golem adds and orbs. All you need to do is grab Grolik every cycle, to progress through the mission. Orbs can be punted / rooted off, or ignored. Mini golems can be ignored. Or you can just offtank them all and hope for the best, DPS the mini golems down if you have a solid DPS squad (3+mil DPS), and get those group heals active. Paladins/Clerics/Shaman should be able to keep you up well enough, unless going for the lengthy achievements, at which point I recommend two healers minimum.

Any more now, I just put everyone on ChaseAssist and run my tank around the area and kill all the things. It's missions like this that make me glad I roll with 2 priests. Shaman and cleric both healing and I never even have to think about dropping too low.

The orb mechanic, if done "properly" is to drag each to it's corresponding aura, earthen orb to the brown rocks aura, fire orb to the red sparkles, etc. Ideally you have 2 character independently agro each orb and drag it to the appropriate aura. There is a punishment mechanic for dropping an orb in the wrong aura. This would be incredibly difficult for a boxer, so best to just tank them and heal through.

Gratz on the win. Now to do the Max Echo achieve.
OH! Maybe that's why I keep dying here! I think I might be moving and the orbs path through the wrong spot, I tried to avoid the sparkles mostly but then the golem popped around the bend and summoned me.. So maybe they touched the wrong aura haha. (Even in 2023 with Waxing Crescent gear I'm still getting hurt pretty badly by this mission at that point!

IRL - Aaronayer Mission CoV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back