• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - AA changes in Dec 5th patch? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,616¢
Hi RedGuides!

In the patch notes for December 5th, there is a small entry for AA and it seemed to shout out to Paladins.

*** AA ***

- Paladin - Blessing of Light - Increased the min/max damage bonus granted to the Divine Might spell line at rank 26 to 775% and 825%,
and at rank 27 to 800% and 850% - also increased the damage bonus granted to Blunted Strike at rank 27 to 90%.

When I've logged in various f2p toons today ( 51 - 115 level range, and no new expansion 27/30 ) there was fair amount of AA notification.

Not limited to Knights, as noticed Rogue, Cleric, Mage (perhaps others) also had messages.
( AA achievement notifications, several ranks on lower level chars etc )

Has anyone got insight into what has been changed ?

I'm wondering if somethings been removed, consolidated or it's new things. Also the impact to alt abilities in such as KA profiles that may need checking.

Regards & Best Wishes

Had a 90 druid with no AA get bunch of quick damage ranks. Had a 115 mage go from 200/250 to 300ish/250 AA with something similar (forgot AA name)

Several others but my poor lowly Necro got nothing :xd:

Would help to know what AA achievements you're referencing.

@ChatWithThisName - I'm talking about the "General" - "Advancement" - "Alternate Advancement Points". Low toons still in development had several of those announced.

Had a 90 druid with no AA get bunch of quick damage ranks. Had a 115 mage go from 200/250 to 300ish/250 AA with something similar (forgot AA name)

Several others but my poor lowly Necro got nothing :xd:

@postleaf yes, that's what I'm talking about. I noted some toons are over 250 AA, just as you describe. (e.g. Druid had announcement of 200, 250 & 300 ).
But others that I hadn't really bought many AA on as focused on the level first, they gained. (e.g. a Cleric had 10, 20 & 30 )

I've been thinking about this a little.

The game is now 'auto spending' to buy ranks of some AA skills when we aren't previously expecting it.
F2P don't get the 'auto-grant' feature, yet here we are having AAs allocated.

These allocations are triggering the 'AA achievements', that's an insignificant side effect.

What stands out as a problem, is the ability to choose where to spend some AA points has been taken away for F2P.

For Bronze and Silver F2P there is cap of 250 and 1000 respective, AA points to earn and spend.
This 'auto spending' ( on some classes, not all classes in such as 'Quick Damage' ) is now preventing our choice of where to allocate that finite pool of grinded AA points.

Not an issue if you're close to 250/250 and suddenly get many 'bonus' afterwards.
But say you were short of 150 spent, with 100 waiting to spend. Waiting to buy a rank of 'class synergy' at level 105. Now you can't.

As not all classes have been impacted, as it wasn't mentioned in patch notes, I wonder if this is a 'bug'.
Maybe it gets reversed. Maybe toons that logged in with the 'bug' in play, are stuck with it and don't get refunded.

Food for thought.

Discussion - AA changes in Dec 5th patch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back