• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - AA Buff Long Recast Timers (1 Viewer)

RedCents
60¢
I've a question about AA buffs, such as "Calculated Insanity"
The refresh timer is 1 hour, and the benefits are only about a minute or two lasting (Not very long)
If I put this under buffs, it'll cast it when i'm not in a fight yet to take advantage, so does this mean I should use it under DPS?

This leaves me wondering how to handle a lot of these AA abilities that have long delays and short beneficial duration timers, what is the best way to use these skills? For starters, Calculated Insanity - how do we do this?

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Also, spells like "Mana Draw" that regenerates your mana from 0% to 100% (but has a 3 hour recast timer) how do you set this buff to be used during combat, only when necessary? You don't want it to waste the spell if you're out of combat and have time to med because everyone else likely needs to med from your group - and you don't want to use it without KA/MQ2 acknowledging that your mana is at least 20% or less (and your in combat) before it casts the spell to benefit your character. These long recast timers make a lot of spells very helpful but very particular as to when or how each spell is to be cast, and with just genral buff or dps list for spells, i'm a bit confused how to best take advantage of these abilities?

Thanks
D

Also please remember KISS = Keep it simple stupid. KissAssist was written for a group PVE environment. My main goal was for people to be able to get their groups up and running as fast and easily as possible.

I completely ignore stuff like AA's and spells with super long 3 hour timers etc because in a normal group the have no relevance. Kiss will never min/max your DPS/HPS etc. People have been very creative in getting Kiss to do what they want to do but the K.I.S.S. mantra is the main cage that determines what I code in kiss or even think about.

This does sacrifice some minute control over a toon but it has worked pretty well over the last 3 years.

And what nicesandwiches said.

Question - AA Buff Long Recast Timers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back