• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - A (Maybe) stupid question on which programs I need to fit my needs. (1 Viewer)

Sandraudiga

RedCents
Greetings, I have just made my account in order to seek assistance. Level 1 at the moment, but once I know what I need i'll be upgrading and going for gold.

My dilemma is I am not sure which programs I will need to run in order to automate a second, and perhaps a third, character while I actively control the main character.

I have been boxing an SK, a Shaman and a Bard(might change). Have not been using any programs to assist, just been tabbing between screens and using auto follow. This has become increasingly irritating to do as the second and third character often start running in large circles aggroing every mob nearby which at 70 is becoming an issue, as well as mobs being pushed out of melee range while I am playing the shaman/bard. Aside from that auto follow is very unreliable everytime I need to go through doorways, or make any sort of turn.

Will MQ2 be enough to automate the boxes, or will I require KissAssist as well? Also, will either program, or both combined) make the auto follow issue less of an issue?

Sounds like either a framerate problem or where the character is facing when you give the /follow command or a mix of both imo.

Low framerate will cause them running around in circles and if you not face the one you want to follow before the command it will do the same.

Dunno how MQ2 + KA handle autofollow, cause I haven't had the experience yet (newbie myself hehe), it's an awesome programm though and I am very enthousiastic about it =)

I always face the character when I /follow. The problem is random, happens without any real indication and when I swap to that character the problem corrects itself immediately. Could be a framerate issue, but my machine is very up to date (i5-4670k OCd to 4.5, msi lightning 780, etc etc).

Edit: Forgot to mention both max Frames per second and max background frames per second are set to unlimited.

Last edited:
Well, autofollow is definately buggy in EQ itself, no doubt about that.

Would love some input from someone who has experience with MQ2, cause I am wondering about it myself =)

How does it handle the running around in circles? Or doesnt that happen with MQ2/KA?

/chase seems to work well and you dont get as much..
/follow with the MQ2AdvPath plugin seems to work well when not using kiss.

you still get it but not half as bad and the toons all ways find there way back rather then just stopping in the middle of a zone.
i don't use isboxer but i believe you don't /follow lag with using it. as it splits your cpu evenly across all instance of EQ.

I still think the running around in circles is a updating of positions issue as in lagg if you make sure the other boxes aren't lagging like keep the windows up and not minimize them your computer will keep updating as if they are running however if you minimize the windows the resources aren't as much a priority to those and they lagg and start to run circles, just what seems to happen on my older laptop mileage may vary

Question - A (Maybe) stupid question on which programs I need to fit my needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back