• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - A bit of advice please. (1 Viewer)

Dodak

RedCents
First i wanna say that I became a member to redguides not long ago and man I love it. So long story short i am looking for advice. I just returned to eq after many years gone, mainly looking for advice on a server to choose. I played for around a month on FV with 2 accounts and alt tab. Eventually i got isboxer and,ran 3. Over time i gave up trying to hash out isboxer. I found redguides while googling tablets that cab run eq so i can play off and on at work. Well im glad i did. I'm still very new to very vanilla and kissassit but it,has,changed,the game for me. I am subber on 5 accounts last spot is,open for merc or future account maybe.

Onto the meat and potatoes. FV seems to have a solid playerbase but a bloated economy, so. I stopped playing there for now i started up a team on Brekt. Cleric, bard, warrior, zerk, and beastlord. After getting a few levels i checked the market for basics maybe a few deals on some defiant. It was a no go the baz was barren. Im not totally against top but i am leaning towards live.

I need some advice as to where to make a home. I would like to raid one day if possible, and eventually be in a guild. Im beyond hooked again on the game and i tip my hat to everyone that works on all this and everyone that comea up with macros and ini files. Outstanding. Anyway bit of rambling i typed this out at work over a few hours lol when i had time to whip out my phone. Once again awesome job glad to be here any advice or tips would be great.

P.S. i typed this out on a new phone that does not like me. GL and good hunting

You can free to play 6 accounts up to 75 easily, if you're new to a server then twink up that tank and gold sub that one only.

I did this for my current crew. I had a ton of fun going through secrets of faydwer and seeds of destruction mainly, then enjoyed HoT.

As for servers, I'm euro so it's obvious to me. One other thing to try is Test. Lots of MQers on there I believe.

My idea was to sub the 5 for awhile,until im grounded in the server. I guess i could just add a 6th to the team i would rather a shaman over the beastlord with another zerker but on the flip side it,feels sorta like dead weight having a shaman. I have thought about trying test server out. I get that lower gear is harder to find but on FV you,could kit pretty much anything,with low,ejd,defiance gear. On brekt they had 2 plate helms that was it.

I could go caster with my,team it would be,cheaper less gear dependant but i jist,wanted a melee,team. Maybe ill stay brekt it just seems like a ghost tpwn. And eventually,i would like to group up with ppl to fart around maybe raid and,whatnot. I know how much of an investment eq is thats why i was looking for advice on a solid server to play on. Ill have to think on it some. So second question if for now i run a 6th and,keep it,free for now,what would be best to run on the free account with the limitations

Went from a server would a bloated economy to one with zero economy ;)

I’d pick almost any other live server, OR, play on test. If I wasn’t somewhat invested in my server I’d probably pop over to test. Exp mod and always gold.

Think ill check it out tonight and get a feel for it. On to the other question. Sub on 5 toons free on 6th what would you use in 6th slot. Unsure if i should just post a new thread for that question i pretty much never,post. Even wanting a melee setup should,i just go easy road,to start with casters.

I am guessing,i could get away with putting the healer on free i dont,know the extent of my,knowledge is around the time gates of discord. I joined the service not long after that so my knowledge of the game more or less stops there. I can tell that the AA system went into overdrive so im not sure what would be best used with the 250 cap on AAs

Think ill check it out tonight and get a feel for it. On to the other question. Sub on 5 toons free on 6th what would you use in 6th slot. Unsure if i should just post a new thread for that question i pretty much never,post. Even wanting a melee setup should,i just go easy road,to start with casters.

I am guessing,i could get away with putting the healer on free i dont,know the extent of my,knowledge is around the time gates of discord. I joined the service not long after that so my knowledge of the game more or less stops there. I can tell that the AA system went into overdrive so im not sure what would be best used with the 250 cap on AAs

Sub one month to get beyond 250 aa’s. You keep anything you have beyond 250, even if you revert back to free to play. I have a bunch of max AA free toons. I personally like free wizards. My enchanter was free for a long time, too.

Like Sum said - level up then go all access for one month and do auto grant and get all the aa then cancel all access and you keep those aa. You rotate your free accounts around and each month do one. Those aa make a nice difference. I start the auto grant/all access rotation on mine around level 70 depending on budget.

Will do at work atm so cant really box just trying to create toons and setup profiles for playing on bb atm. I have 5 accounts payed atm ill leave them active for now once the 6th hits around 60ish ill activate it to start getting aa's and will go from there. So far seeing lots of ppl on this server around pok good and bad i guess depending on the environment for boxers i guess. im pumped up and ready to start diggin in.

Was just thinking maybe ill run a druid on 6th account for snare/secondary heal ports and whatnot instead of another zerker

Not sure were talking the same thing? I confuse a lot of people:)

These are not normal earned AA "one at a time" we are talking about. These are easy AA. If your a paid account you can "auto-grant" AA which gives your character ALL AA for that level at one time. As long as you are paid and leave the "auto grant" button on then it will happen every level - you will get all AA for that level. You only then need to earn the tradeskill AA.

Now if your a free account and get up to say level 75 and go paid for one month then you can "auto grant" at that time and you will get all AA up to level 75. You don't need to earn a single one. (except for tradeskill) Then when you go back to free you keep all those AA. Even over the 250 limit. Then, say around level 90 you decide you need more AA - just go paid one month and "auto grant" and it will assign you all the AA from the last level to this level. Once again you keep them all when you revert to free.

There is also an AA extender in the marketplace you can buy but it is cheaper to go paid a month. Those only give you 100 AA for like &7? Not a very good deal.

Hopefully I didn't confuse things more if they were even confused to begin with? LOL I am confusing myself now! Anyway you need a ranger.

Nah i understand what you are saying, the auto grant aa feature i was reading up on it before i came back to EQ its one of the reasons it made it more appealing having to earn all those AA's now would be hardcore trying to catch up to everyone. i could see ranger good track same snare utility and prolly farm more dps in the long run. once again thanks for the help. On the AA topic i was thinking of being subbed starting around 60 i figured it would help the leveling process. im in no rush to get to the max level but at the same time its bound to make it easier. 5 of the 6 are subbed atm anyway.

1. Level up to 105 / 110 (whatever max is)
2. Start AA’ing (do NOT use autogrant, yet)
3. Use MQ2AASpend
4. Do /aaspend bonus
5. /aaspend save

What using MQ2AASpend in the bonus mode does is buy all the aa’s that are NOT autogranted while you’re still super low AA and therefore getting a huge bonus from DBG. It’s the different between getting 1 AA per kill and 2+ AA per kill. In bonus mode during the recent double exp time I was getting 4 AA per kill in static GMM. Once I used autogrant that went down to a bit under 2 AA per kill. It’s a huge different and let’s you maximize your time.

That sounds like a monumental task level to max with no AAs starting from scratch with no ability to plevel nor a base of,funds to twink I get what your saying sounds like a plan if i had a way to get to max easy. Unless its not as bad as everyone says,trying to level with no aa?

I dont think leveling without aas while starting from scratch is a good option.

Maximize yout time investment is something powerlevelers can do. Imo use autogrant while leveling. Will also give you more fun while playing imo.

Just my 3 copper 👍😊

What using MQ2AASpend in the bonus mode does is buy all the aa’s that are NOT autogranted while you’re still super low AA and therefore getting a huge bonus from DBG. It’s the different between getting 1 AA per kill and 2+ AA per kill. In bonus mode during the recent double exp time I was getting 4 AA per kill in static GMM. Once I used autogrant that went down to a bit under 2 AA per kill. It’s a huge different and let’s you maximize your time.

Damn, I wish I knew this when I was working on my bard!

That sounds like a monumental task level to max with no AAs starting from scratch with no ability to plevel nor a base of,funds to twink I get what your saying sounds like a plan if i had a way to get to max easy. Unless its not as bad as everyone says,trying to level with no aa?

Yea, if you don't have someone to PL you or carry you through the levels, not having the AA's will get challenging.

Then again, so will having 250 AAs.

After researching, digging and reading comments on the site, i have revised my plan some sk, cleric,mage x2 , druid enchanter . all gold minus enchanter for now with this group ill auto grant. Will run that up for now. Thanks for all the tips and advice.

If you haven't gotten them created yet may serve you better to have the enchanter gold while the druid is free for a bit. Enchanters tend to get hit a bit when mez breaks or aggro from early debuffs etc being able to have better gear/more AA will help your CC not be super squishy. Especially with a cleric in the group the druid staying free for a bit should hardly be noticeable.

Ill sub the chanter next week or so. Im thinking of playing thr chanter manually so i can at times fart around with charmed pets with mage weapons. From my understanding they are not what they used to be back in pop. But, it will give me,something to do while playing.. Ill pull and CC for group juggle the charm. Will swap out the druid down the road but figured having a druid would be handy for tikes when backup healing,is needed. Porting and pleveling,some

Question - A bit of advice please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back