• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - 70ish hunting spots (1 Viewer)

Huttwin

RedCents
73¢
I'm getting past my knowledge from when I use to play. Any suggestions for a fairly easy hunting spot for War 70/Clr 69/Enc 70/Dru 71/ Zerk 69/ Sham 69? Been doing WoS fairly easily. Was thinking maybe Dragonscale Hills from what I've been reading. I've never had characters past level 65 until now so kinda lost. :)

I'm getting past my knowledge from when I use to play. Any suggestions for a fairly easy hunting spot for War 70/Clr 69/Enc 70/Dru 71/ Zerk 69/ Sham 69? Been doing WoS fairly easily. Was thinking maybe Dragonscale Hills from what I've been reading. I've never had characters past level 65 until now so kinda lost. :)

Not sure if you've seen these? Was a great resource for me going from 85+

I would do the Hot Zones from Franklin Teek in POK that way you can see different zones that might work better for you. They are based on level so take all the ones above and below your group levels. The tasks are all kill 5 and will reward each character one of 3 pieces of armor, exp and maybe a nice aug if it drops. Even after you finish the kill 5 you can stay in the zone if you like it there and it will still get you bonus exp.

Yes, what you were reading about DSH is the "Farm" in Dragonscale Hills. This is very good camp. You can get some tasks from the guys on the hill and they will complete as your killing scarecrows and beetles.

If your not too sick of WOS then look up the armor quests. If you can up your faction that is some nice armor for those levels and many players continue to use the chest items clickies for many levels above those. And there are the Dranick Caves you can do instances in - see the Grand Historian near the 3 caves just a little ways from the zone in Priests.

Don't forget LDON's. Mercs can go there and they are very nice for exp at your level. Some of the drops might sell well on your server if they are tradeskill related.

You could go for your POP flagging. If you ever want to do the tradeskill aug you will need that access.

There is so much at that level! I often put my AA to 100% so I can stay around 60-75 and check out all the cool stuff on my alts.

I second the daily tasks, you have a porter which means once you get your rhythm right you can set a campfire in one hz, port to pok then go to next hz. In about 45 mins you can bag 20% xp

I was trying to do the dailies but it seemed so was everyone else. I like a nice quiet zone without a lot of others there if I can find one. CoD was pretty good, but every once in a while a level 115 would come in and wreck the place. PoF was good until the Fabled's came out to play. The lvl 83 Fabled just smoked my 65ish party. Plus that zone got busy sometimes. I tried DSH at 67ish and wiped twice so went to WoS in the halls by the Succor. Been there since. Might kill a few more there to get everyone to 70+ but most of them are light blue now. Was thinking of maybe the dragonmen/murks out into WoS. Might look into the armor quests. Was just a little worried about the Named mobs in WoS.

My crew at that level went to riftseekers sanctum. Everyone was 75 by the time I overextended and pulled too much. Ended up going to fortress mechanos after. That lasted until 85.

it’s unorthodox but I like to use the zone guide feature (button on your map), sort by level, and pick a place. I like the adventure it brings.

Just keep in kind pushing forward, the older expansion mobs will generally yield better exp over time then higher level / current level expansion type mobs.

Also as you push forward, you'll likely be out leveling your gear etc also. So focus on a few areas for upgrading tank along the way helps reduce back peddling for gear etc. Unless you have someone higher level to help feed some gear to tank :-)

@Aetherfox I was looking at Riftseeker a little in some guides I found. I looked at the zone guide a little bit, that's how I found Crypt of Decay and Plane of Fire. I don't get a lot of play time, so I like quiet and fairly safe so I can grind for an hour or two. Corpse runs are not as bad as they use to be, but are still a time waster.

@Rooster I'll keep an eye out on that for XP. Not too concerned on how many mobs I have to kill to level. I need the plat. Being gone so long, prices have skyrocketed on things and my huge stash of 10K plat isn't so huge anymore lol. Which leads to the Warrior gear. I've been throwing every piece of plate I get to drop to him and I'm doing fairly well so far. Bought a few pieces from the Baz that I could afford. The Defiant gear is out of this world compared to what we use to wear. I remember scrounging for 3 more wisdom on some item was a huge score for the druid. Now the gear out of the tutorial beat what my level 65 druid was wearing when I logged back in the first time.

Well, after 3 full wipes and 2 partials, I've discovered a couple of things. 1 - I'm not really great at this game yet. 2 - There are a couple of zones my crew is not quite ready for yet. 3 - Somethings see through Invis (I knew this but had forgotten lol)

Guess it's back to WoS to get back a little of the XP I lost. :)

This might still be a little hard for your crew but its worth a shot to see if it's worth it to farm. Gyrospire Beta and Zeka: both are off of Fortress Mech, have plenty of inventory space if you go, and the abundant trash drops sell well. Espically the card looking things (about 100 plat each) but they don't stack.

Also don't pass up the loyalty tokens - if any of these are paid accounts then you can buy bag of plat for 400 ish tokens (?) which can give random amounts of plat - around 15,000 usually.

I'm not sure how your gear is doing, but i would highly recommend grabbing the initial TBM vendor gear at 70. You don't need to have done any quests to get this initial equipment. It costs remnants of tranquility which you should be able to buy for 5pp each or so. <1000 per character needed.. so under 5000pp to fully gear each character in 70 gear.

Look for Lyndalin Delwadamain in the Plane of Tranquility. She's the vendor.

@Aetherfox I couldn't understand why defiant gear went from super expensive for the 60-70 range then dropped into the bucket for the 70-80 stuff. Now I know why. Thanks for the Armor tip. :) Rems of Tranq sell for 25pp/ea on the Baz so need to make a little cash

@Huttwin You might be able to find people selling them for less than bazaar prices. The 5pp quote is probably stale, but i found it by asking around. I imagine you can find a better than 25pp price using auction or general.

Question - 70ish hunting spots

Users who are viewing this thread

Back