• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - 6 box question (1 Viewer)

RedCents
61¢
Debating whether to use sk/clr/bard/zerker x3(all with chase weps) otherwise group geared OR sk/clr/enc/ mage x3. Mages would be f2p. My question is, which would be better dps? Pretty much just doing ROS group content and possibly old progression for hero AA's
Any thoughts welcome and appreciated.

Last edited:
Sk/clr/bard/ber/ber/ber is better dps than the mage/caster setup, though the mage setup is definitely good dps overall. Wiz in place of mage is a tiny bit more dps, but zerkers can still outpace wizards.

Swapping a Bst for one Berserker (Tank/Heal/Brd/Bst/Ber/Ber) is a favorite group for a lot of mutliboxxers. 3xBer does open up Alliance which is insane DPS, but it is very endurance intensive. If you're just alliance'n on Named it's great, but if you plan to run it 24/7 I'm not sure Breather disc + Bard will keep you going.

Bst/Bard is a great endurance regen setup, plus gives you watered down shaman buffs.

The real strength of this group is "haste v4", or weapon delay reduction. You get a few Ber AA/disc's that do this, but Bst's Dico Rage is -33% WepDly reduction for almost half of every fight at 26 second buff on 60 second recast. Bard's Quick Time is -15% WepDly for 4 minutes too (10 min timer.)

Really either group would do fine in 95% of RoS content. Daybreak tossed in a few named/events that favor melee or caster DPS, but you can usually work your way through them even if your group isn't ideal.

In the melee group would a Druid healer not work instead so the group could have Ports/Evac and heals or is the Cleric just that much better as a solo/main healer?

A druid can work, though some of their heals share timers so they don't have the same "spellbar full of heals" that a cleric can set up. Also don't have the melee mitigation buffs.

Druid is overall a better asset to a caster group. They get a nuke-dd bonus aura, fire/cold debuffs, +% dmg bonus debuffs to fire/cold nukes, and black wolf form group buff for mana regen/crit chance.

If you really wanted ports, it's a fine substitution. I wound up adding a wizard to my melee group's fellowship, so they can get ports via campfire if needed but still keep the melee centered group setup.

Though not my main group, I also run war/dru/ench/wiz/wiz/mag as a caster group. Great dps and utility, plus having 3 "teleport group to bind" locations makes for no downtime if I want to move to another favorite spot.

the 3x zerks are fantastically strong dps. want more goodness /fun try that sk shm then 4 zerks or 1 wiz and 3 zerks. or sk druid and 4 zerks. no need for cc then crap just dies.

Discussion - 6 box question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back