• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • The 6th Annual "EverQuest Software Awards" is here! Celebrate your favorite projects and win door prizes 🎁

Request - 6 box mage question (1 Viewer)

RedCents
190¢
has anyone tried 6 box mage, im kind of injured person at the moment waiting for my neurology appointment. so im ache so cant think too much or press or know 6 different things. so i was wondering if 6 mage box is viable for all group content like hunting named later on and stuff. like last year i had sk zerker monk bard rouge and shaman so should i do that again that team kinda kicked ass but i dont know how to make the bard follow me around which is what i plan on doing running around killing stuff not pulling to my group. thanks in advance.

RedCents
120¢
Greetings, In My Opinion, A mage would be strong enough but lacks self heals. A close match would be the Beast Lord, I assume you will be using the tools of this site so make all 6 Bst lords heal each other as well as pets and you can keep them and all up. I understand you lose pet gear at hand but you get Bst Buffs to make up for it. Call of the hero gone but , you are using the tools of this site so follow is NP . You lose Damage shield but gain Slow . So if it were Me I would swap mage for BST lord and roll like that. Having a pocket Mage to fill a player house with pet gear solves some of the loss.

stvski

Its in that place where I put that thing that time
RedCents
1,406¢
I have run 5 mages and a healer - very easy to do just have to be careful pulling

running 6 mages is possible with pet heals but the following will be a pain in the ass-
mob placement
healing yourself from mob AEs - named AEs tend to hurt
dealing with adds on bad pulls

if you want to try it i would run 3 air and 3 water pets or 6 air pets and watch the mobs get stunned to death

I use cwtn mage plugin now for my mages makes it pretty easy to do

knave23

Cookie Champion 2022
RedCents
1,127¢
Yeah I'd run 4 mages and a bard I think if you feel you're up for it. If you can handle one more, I'd do druid (although I could easily be convinced to do shaman instead with all those pets), but if not, a cleric merc should be ok too.

The reason I would add a bard is to do all the little things- double invis, selo's, spell damage aura, pulling, and especially mezzing since I'm not sure the state of automated offtanking with mage pets.

RedCents
190¢
thanks for supportive answers (T.T) haha i envy you guys who have good health i have bodily and spine injury it's pretty horribel from accident.

okay so i was able to find an old note with the login infos of the Sk rouge zerker bard monk and shaman, but i cant find the log on for the shaman so all i have to do is level up 1 shaman to catch up to others of level 115.

just 1 more question please just to level shaman to 115 is 3 box 3 mercs will do the job? or is better and faster with 4 box 2 mercs?

Hulkman

n1 have 1 cool trick?
RedCents
3,281¢
Closest I have is 3 mages and a SK , druid and Zerker ( this is my B Team)

I still prefer a Melee team over any caster team, I hate mana med downtime

RedCents
190¢
now i figure i can just use the level 100 boost in shop for the shaman and level him myself with the other 5 level 115 waiting for him

just 1 more question please how do you use the new auto login thing when i right click the MQ icon i dont see profile -> create new

instead i see something at the server select screen for auto loging in it says my autologin is inactive

nevermind now the profile option is showing on right click on MQ icon so sorrys im so bad at this

Last edited:
RedCents
120¢
On the Task Bar , on the bottom of the right side You may see the Blue MQ square or a ^ to click then see the MQ Square . Goto profiles to start

link should help

RedCents
190¢
i did same koto but now i that i use it it's very nice you can assign key each character to pull up that character window/screen with single button. dont have to alt tab or mouseover to check another character

Hulkman

n1 have 1 cool trick?
RedCents
3,281¢
If you really like mages! I would never do 6 box mage team.

Do 4 Mages a Bard and Shaman.

Bard will enhance the DPS of the mages drastically as well as giving you crowd control and be the puller when needed, Plus the ever so loved Bard Run speed is always nice. Shaman will Be main Healer his buffs and group heal overtime and slows. You are pretty much invincible with this group lineup

A bard is an absolute MUST in any 6 man group combination, without the Bard , you cut your groups damage potential in HALF , No matter what you say !!!

RedCents
540¢
not everyone plays to maximize downtime :P If fact, max/min is why I didn't play at all for a stretch of 5 years. It was super annoying to me to play that way. I get that I'm a minority in the forums for that way of thinking though, and I'm ok with that.

Grpsmashin

Ranger Tank
RedCents
1,365¢
I have done the 5 Mage and a Druid/SHM for healer.

DRU lacks during named with High DMG aka AEs

SHM is your best route. However,

MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, BST, DRU was found to be interesting and produced about the same or better results as the 5 MAG & SHM combo.

I believe this was to buffs and synergy from the BST/DRU items. Healing was also not a problem

Grpsmashin

Ranger Tank
RedCents
1,365¢
Note:

Best Results for MAG tanking with this many pets, was to have 3x mag pets bounce agro off one another. The rest just DPS. This Also helped with healing and i believe caused lag/no hit items for the 3x mag pets at times.

RedCents
810¢
Was contemplating rolling a new grp . makeup all between lvl 105-85
War,Shaman, Bard,Mag,Mag, Mag-- Would beat out my main group in killing speed .

my main is fairly similar War, Cler, Enc, Beast, Necro, and Mag. (nec really shines on names all are 115

Hulkman

n1 have 1 cool trick?
RedCents
3,281¢
I really think a 6 box mage combo is not a good idea. UNLESS ! you are just playing for casual and not worried so much about quests , named mobs. Then again, you can always split the mages up in certain scenarios where you can have 4 mages and 2 healer mercs and 2 mages and 2 healer mercs to get through sticky situations

Request - 6 box mage question

Users who are viewing this thread