• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - 6 Box FV F2P Group -- Help (1 Viewer)

RedCents
575¢
Hey everyone, been a minute haha =)

So basically the TL;DR is what is a good F2P(to start) 6 toon group combination that I can automate(using free plugins/scripts) and use to farm plat to get kronos for them? Also if someone could link me a general guide on automation that'd be amazing.

I'm excited to get back to it, RL ended up taking a lot of my time away and I haven't been able to play as much as I like.

So basically the TL;DR is what is a good F2P(to start) 6 toon group combination that I can automate(using free plugins/scripts) and use to farm plat to get kronos for them? Also if someone could link me a general guide on automation that'd be amazing.

I'm excited to get back to it, RL ended up taking a lot of my time away and I haven't been able to play as much as I like.
Welcome back!

Getting Started

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ addict!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

tank, Healer, Crowd control, Dps, dps, utility

universal blueprint

I tried to avoid super specific combos because everyone’s tastes can vary.

I like to use an SK tank. Others like a Pally or warrior, but if you keep the universal template in mind, I am pretty confident you won’t go wrong

Update: I've decided SK, Druid, Wizard, Bard, Shaman and Rogue -- that'll give me tons of DPS and utility, while opening up all trade skill options for artisan's prize. Now to figure out what Imma use for boxing since I'm starting em all lvl 1 f2p as a challenge. I know Kissassist is the goto but it's done nothing but confuse me so far lol, XGen looks pretty cool tho, just not sure what the lowest levels it will goto are.

Update: I've decided SK, Druid, Wizard, Bard, Shaman and Rogue -- that'll give me tons of DPS and utility, while opening up all trade skill options for artisan's prize. Now to figure out what Imma use for boxing since I'm starting em all lvl 1 f2p as a challenge. I know Kissassist is the goto but it's done nothing but confuse me so far lol, XGen looks pretty cool tho, just not sure what the lowest levels it will goto are.

RGMercs and CTWN plugins will work straight out of the box. KissAssist, you can either tweak the ini yourself or grab one from the library. One small caveat regarding CWTN plugins, looking at your team, there currently is no plugin for Bard, Druid, and Wizard. I personally own MQ@Eskay and love it. Was thinking of making a /testbuff Shaman and Rogue to test MQ2Shaman and MQ2Rogue

I've heard a lot ab the CTWN plugins I just don't have the extra cash for it rn haha.
Also, are kissassist INIs setup to be able to be used across multiple level ranges? That's one thing I'm a little *hmm* on, since I don't want to update an INI with every level.

I've heard a lot ab the CTWN plugins I just don't have the extra cash for it rn haha.
Also, are kissassist INIs setup to be able to be used across multiple level ranges? That's one thing I'm a little *hmm* on, since I don't want to update an INI with every level.

Typically you will see ini's in the library in 5 level increments. Also check the ini to see which spells it will use so you can buy the ones you are missing. One other thing to keep in mind is that no one ini is etched in stone. Feel free to change things to suit your personal tastes. Perhaps at first you might use an ini "As is" until you get more comfortable editing things your self.

When the day is done, never forget the Golden Rule ....... Have Fun!!!!!!! :)

Be well. Happy gaming.

Appreciate all of the advice and help guys =D I think I'm gonna go with kissassist and just manually setup the INIs, since I've mained all my classes to 85 at minimum over time. Allows me to fine tune and tweak so that it looks more like how I'd be playing rather than a macro haha.

Happy EQing! I'll post some updates on how it's coming along either later tonight or tomorrow.

Watching em right now haha, I am curious tho, how obvious is the automation in RG Mercs and can I leave it running exping while I'm away from PC?
Afk is strongly discouraged, you're basically saying "I hate my toons, please baspend me for ever and ever"

Personally I understand the temptation to let fully automated teams run while you're AFK -- but I just do not think the risk outweights the benefits; first of all you will be a lot more likely to incite the scorn of regular players (and white knights, there are quite a few of them around still). This will undoubtedly lead to suspensions, and while some people have an attitude of "well it's just f2p accounts, I don't care if they get suspended/perma banned" in my opinion you're just increasing the risk of eventually getting the worse punishments (think ip ban / hardware id ban). It also reflects poorly on the rest of your fellow multi-boxing users, the majority of which are not playing afk and often go out of their way to help / be respectful of everyone around them.

Furthermore, I would also strongly suggest NOT naming your characters something related/similar, I don't know why people insists on doing this, but I suspect it is either laziness or some weird kind of ego trip; but it is a massive red flag to everyone, and it is a quick reminder for the non-boxing player of what you have and he does not.

TLDR: In my personal opinion it is important to go out of your way to be respectful of your fellow players, regardless of what level they are or how many characters they play. Be the bigger man, don't engage in flamewars or mudslinging, give up your camp if a real group is wanting it, leave the zone if there's trouble brewing, etc.

I never really planned on afk running other than maybe autoforage while I'm in bed. And yea I completely understand the respect portion, even when I was just alt-tab boxing 3 I was still incredibly respectful to those around me and thus nobody ever really gave me shit. I'm mainly doing this to enjoy the game in a way I haven't before, having a full group would mean I could basically play my own little small scale TLP on live.

The only reason I mentioned it to begin with was in case of scenarios where my mother(she's disabled) needs help and I don't have time to stop all my toons,etc. since she is higher priority in my life.

As i box i have made different guilds put some in well known guilds sprinkle the toons as tho they are well known and not known.. this has helped me alot in the past and do not join a guild with a bad name for training so family guilds and the like are the best for ftp don't talk in general to much but if you do be nice and help out from time to time and people will leave you and your group alone more than not it is all public relations alway's has been

lol...yea no...if you're really just starting out you need a Tank/Enc/Cleric/Mage...at first the core group (tank/cc/cleric) will do well, but at the higher level the mage earth pet will be your bread and butter until you krono and gear everyone. Tank/Cleric/Enchanter for Krono order...enjoy!

This group is starting out fresh, but I have a fair bit of random 110+ toons scattered across accounts along with plat on the server lol, I mainly focused the composition in on ADPS, druid + bard for a wizard is nuts, combined with shaman adding to rogue and SK epic just in general being amazing I don't think I'll have too much issue

This group is starting out fresh, but I have a fair bit of random 110+ toons scattered across accounts along with plat on the server lol, I mainly focused the composition in on ADPS, druid + bard for a wizard is nuts, combined with shaman adding to rogue and SK epic just in general being amazing I don't think I'll have too much issue

For giggles, I also paired a Bard and druid on my lowbie melee alt team. That team is SK, BRD, SHM, ROG, BER, DRU.

My heart is still with my higher level caster focused team - SK, ENC, CLR, MAG x 2, BST.

Be well. Have fun.

Question - 6 Box FV F2P Group -- Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back