• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - 6 Box Class Ideas (1 Viewer)

RedCents
575¢
Hey it's me again lol

So at the moment, I'm currently running a subbed 115 SK with CoV, and a 110 Bard and Cleric(f2p, no expacs) for when I'm helping others and farming in 110 zones. The goal is to have a 6 box(mostly f2p) that I can farm and make enough plat to sub on and buy expac tickets for. I was thinking adding 2x zerkers and either a wizard or a mage to the mix, but as someone who's never used outside programs for boxing I'm not sure if that's the smart route to go.

Thoughts and advice?

Been 6+ boxing since 2010, I've tried most every combo imaginable but I always find myself coming back to PAL or SK/SHM/ENC/BRD/DPS/DPS, the DPS generally don't matter and is entirely dependent on what you want or are trying to accomplish. Right now my team is PAL/SHM/BRD/ENC/BST/ROG but I change up the DPS quite often depending on what my guild needs/wants at the time. A lot of folks skip out on ENC for more DPS, and that's definitely a viable strategy, but I like the level of control an ENC gives me. I am too impatient to split most of the time so I end up pulling abnormally large groups of mobs and the ENC enables me to do that for the most part. As most will tell you Bard is pretty much a staple in any group, for priest it really depends on what you're looking for/what era you are in. Early on, I like CLR for the raw healing output, but as the other two priests become more adept at healing I find it more useful to fill SHM in over CLR for raw utility and buffs. SK and PAL are both viable, with the majority leaning towards SK, I have played Paladin for the better portion of 10 years and mained SK before that, no real reason I just prefer Paladin's utility (GoL, LoH, AoI, Devotion, Aurora, etc.) over an SKs and have stuck with it for quite a while now.

It's mostly about feeling out what you would like to play, try different class combinations, see how they feel to you and if you can accomplish what you've personally set out to do, if not just start experimenting with different slots until you find the perfect combination for your playstyle.

Right now my team is PAL/SHM/BRD/ENC/BST/ROG but I change up the DPS quite often depending on what my guild needs/wants at the time.

I have been playing the same core (with MNK/WIZ instead of BST/ROG for DPS) for about a year now on Rizlona and really like this setup. I know it's possible to stack a group with more DPS, or more tanky with a warrior, but I like the well-roundedness of the this team. I also like having a mix of classes that doesn't encourage rots/fighting over loot, and I feel like I've found a decent balance there.

The only problem with ENC and a BRD when Automating...you will prolly lose a heap of dps when u get Multiple's ie Bard stops everything to MEZ and ENC stops everything to Mez. This is great if you prefer a safe camp to a fast camp - but to maximise DPS you would have to turn someone's Mezzing off - or have weird conditions designed for Both CC.

If you really want to mix things up. Try 2 SK's in your group.
2 Epics, 2 HT, Coalition Boom (just about every mob)...I love it

The Key factors in any group:
1. You have to like playing the group.
2. Can complete the content that you want to complete.

I hate it that lots of quests depend entirely on the amout of DPS you can output in 20 seconds.

If you have a WAR/CLR/SHM/DRU/PAL/RNG - you should be able to do the same quests as a SK/SHM/BRD/BST/ZER/ZER - well thats my opinion anywayz

play around, theres the hatchery mac that will help level up FTP toons, get em up and try them out. As ive said many times i have atleast 3 of everyclass except monk(yes i know im biased against them but i really really dont like them) and play mixes of all of them in different group.

play around and find what works for you

Yeah I think right now I'm just gonna start the altaholic route and mess around with teams, eventually get one I enjoy up to par to join my SK and go from there -- PLing wise I have much faster ways thanks to being on FV lol, I can do 1-60 in 30 minutes when my zone is empty

I really like berzerkers and mages as dps. I prefer a bard over enchanter. For my setup, my preferred group is SK, SHM, BRD, BER, BER, BST. For durability and safety, if I'm not wanting to stress at all about overpulls and wiping my group etc, I go with SK, SHM, CLR, BRD, BER, ENC.

I'll sub out a berzerker for a mage from time to time for variety and because pet toys are fun. But if I really want to tear down a house, I'm going with the full melee - SK, SHM, BRD, BER, BER, BST.

sk,brd,shm,ber,ber,ber sometimes and sk,brd,shm,ber,ber,bst for a little bit of extra healing and security, for even tougher encounters sk,clr,shm,brd,ber,ber or can do sk,clr,chanter,mage,mage,bst. I'm having fun with grouping different combos. The damage from 2 zerkers and bst with adps from shaman and bard is crazy

Along with Redemption above I know many folks that swear by SK, BRD, SHM, and BER x3 have to be a bit more careful with your pulls but you'll also be burning mobs down very quickly so as long as everyone can take a hit or 2 you should be ok.

All of these options are great, but one thing I would like to point out is that you are most likely never gonna make enough coin to continuously buy Kronos unless you are doing TS stuff or an avid bazaar junkie. Sure you will get lucky and get the occasional drops to sell, but I find by strictly doing quests and farming exp I have not made enough for 1 Krono on my server in over a year. (one caveat is I created 5 new toons and had to equip them).

Question - 6 Box Class Ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back