• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - 6 box augging priority (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,314¢
Currently have my toons at 120 and on the journey of maxing out AAs.

My group consists of an SK, BST, MAG, NEC, SHM, & ENC.

SK sitting nicely at the moment and is of course #1 on the list (at around 10.5k AC fully buffed/tapped) but looking for tips on who would come next. My guess is either the Shaman or Beastlord? Would love to hear some recommendations for the other 5. Thank you all in advance!

I always do it like this....
Whoever has the worst aug gets the next aug as an upgrade. If no augs are present I give it to the tank first, then my primary DPS, pretty much entirely ignoring my healer until they're the last option.
The idea being the box that benefits the most from an item should get any upgrades as that will benefit the group the most. Healers just need to heal so the DPS getting something is to me a bigger gain. I don't expect my healers should get aggro in my group anyway. If they do, then I did it wrong.

I always do it like this....
Whoever has the worst aug gets the next aug as an upgrade. If no augs are present I give it to the tank first, then my primary DPS, pretty much entirely ignoring my healer until they're the last option.
The idea being the box that benefits the most from an item should get any upgrades as that will benefit the group the most. Healers just need to heal so the DPS getting something is to me a bigger gain. I don't expect my healers should get aggro in my group anyway. If they do, then I did it wrong.
I actually really like this thought process. mostly because it just makes a ton of sense. thanks for the suggestion and I think this will be the way i tackle it going forward.

Discussion - 6 box augging priority

Users who are viewing this thread

Back