• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

404 error! (1 Viewer)

unknown405

RedCents
90¢
RedGuides 404 said:
Bet you were looking for a very important page, huh?
Well 404 on you!
This error has been logged and will be dealt with severely.
(none) 1.1.1.1 /forum Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 404

Can you tell me what the point of this is, just to scare people I'm guessing. I have accidentally gone to /forum instead of /forums and went to old links to download RedQuest and gotten this error. I've hit this error over 30 times and haven't once been "dealt with severely." Do you actually do anything to the people that have these errors, or is it just to scare people from trying to crack anything from the site?

Actually we've been slacking lately, usually we send the MPAA / RIAA / BSA / FBI / CIA to your front door.

Either that or we see the logs and see "no he isn't just trying to snoop around CGI/BIN, damn 404!"

No nothing bad will happen from mistypes but if you were snooping around or trying to get someplace you shouldn't or something persistant I'm sure an temp IP ban till it was figured out would be in order.

But for the real story, Yammers / Redbot would have to answer I'm merely stating how I would handle it on my website, which I assume is how everyone else does.

Well is going to redguides.com/xxx trying to find a hack or something without paying really illegal? It's snooping and it's nosy but I never thought it was illegal. Hacking the site and the FTP to get the hacks is definitely illegal, but just trying out different site names until you get it?

Depends,

I'm not a lawyer so I can't say, but DMCA has some interesting things to say about "Circumvention" in reguards to copyrighted material.

If I saw such stuff on my Apache logs I would just ban that entire class B or if I was in a good mood change my 404 error to include an autoforward to lemonparty for that Class B.

Accessing materials which are copyrighted and/or not available without a subscription or valid username/logon IS illegal, whether you guess the URL or not.

Unknown405, you have given me a headache.

This error has been logged and will be dealt with severely.

Are you the error? LRN2REED

(No, I won't take part in the rest of the conversation.)

we take your first born child...

(actually...i do believe ccomp hit the nail on the head)

Cade what's your point? What are you even talking about? I read that part, I'm saying that I've had that error 100 times and haven't been "dealt with severely."

Do you just not read or what?

The ERROR will be dealt with. NOT YOU.

But, if you keep on doing this you will probably be banned from accessing the site at all. So stop.

404 errors just mean that the file(or page) you are trying to access is not there anymore.

Last edited:
Cade how many neg. redcents do you have????? You have like 10000000000, or so says your little red boxes.

BTW, this is not a spam post! I have to agree with Cade on this one, "There" not "thier"

404 error!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back