• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

MacroQuest (core) - 3 PCs (1 Viewer)

RedCents
10¢
Ok. So I keep bouncing around on trying this program. I hit the forum search. dogpile.com. youtube. etc. Nothing make me thing this program will work. I don't get how you can run 6 on 1 pc when I trying to run even 2 on 1 machine The 1 toon ends up /autofollow ing off a cliff due to lag or what ever.
So. Here is what I am wanting to set up.
Box 1. Tank class. Will hold my main attention.
Box 2. Shaman,chanter, mage, whatever combo of 2.
Box 2. Cleric and bard. (bard can just sit and play songs for all I care. over-haste is nice.

I have looked over the vids and all this /cbdg wtf ever it is to "tell" the other boxs to go don't mean jack to me. I can set a hotkey on each PC (Like i have boxed for years doing.) that can talk back and forth on that machine for those 2 toons. All they need to do is react ei attack. slow. etc when mob reaches 95% heal. Throw a heal on main tank when below 50% whatever. Box 1 can be set up for puller and that is all it needs to do.
Only interconnection between the machines would really need to be the group. This also should let me break off a toon and assist another person in a different group whicle I run my groups threw box 1.

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Ok. So I keep bouncing around on trying this program. I hit the forum search. dogpile.com. youtube. etc. Nothing make me thing this program will work. I don't get how you can run 6 on 1 pc when I trying to run even 2 on 1 machine The 1 toon ends up /autofollow ing off a cliff due to lag or what ever.
So. Here is what I am wanting to set up.
Box 1. Tank class. Will hold my main attention.
Box 2. Shaman,chanter, mage, whatever combo of 2.
Box 2. Cleric and bard. (bard can just sit and play songs for all I care. over-haste is nice.

I have looked over the vids and all this /cbdg wtf ever it is to "tell" the other boxs to go don't mean jack to me. I can set a hotkey on each PC (Like i have boxed for years doing.) that can talk back and forth on that machine for those 2 toons. All they need to do is react ei attack. slow. etc when mob reaches 95% heal. Throw a heal on main tank when below 50% whatever. Box 1 can be set up for puller and that is all it needs to do.
Only interconnection between the machines would really need to be the group. This also should let me break off a toon and assist another person in a different group whicle I run my groups threw box 1.
hi @Vengerax ,
1. I'm trying to follow your post, its not totally clear to me, but lets see if I got it correct. You are unsure if this program works and worth the sub price?
2. you want/expect it to work across various machines/groups/characters/classes?
3. You have read nothing to make you believe, but have seen videos and still don't see any value in what the videos show? Be it movement, attacking, spell management, anything you see with your own eyes.

Difficult I guess...but I would think in some manner most of that are members do understand and had some of those thoughts before joining. I sure did and did not join for some months before finally giving in and input my CC for a month sub and try things out. I am so glad I did..once you try it.. group managment and a automated play for Quality of Life things that should make playing more enjoyable, you will never go back. Just my opinion.
This version of MQ does not have super hacks like warping or malicious things..but anything that is not the way DarkPaw has built in, will always be considered a Cheat. Once a member there are many tools and to play a way you make enjoy better and the majority are so easy to use after some adjustment and learning. The forums have so much info already there, but also an amazing community with talented people that enjoy to help others.
The things I listed above:
This can work across computers connected locally and remote..across all classes with all types of tools.
I am just a member, I am not part of the RedGuides team or get any bonus for giving them a 'plug', but I love EQ again because of this community and these tools. I hope you take a try and see for yourself.

Ok i will take a stab at trying to explain some of this for you

MacroQuest is a program, the code for this program is very lite on your processor and ram it scans your game as you play it
It knows everything going on in the game, it sees what you would see just as fast its happening.
Now imagine "Developers" here at Redguides took that program MacroQuest and Nuked it and gave it super powers!
They created "Plugins" and put them inside the program to control "Everything"
Want to run anywhere in the game and just sit watch your group take off there on there own?
Want to sit watch your toons do everything all on there own? Pull mobs, mez adds, slow, heal and kill all day and never touch the keyboard?
If you PC is basically a modern PC you can run Six Characters from the same PC.
Now all you have to do is like others have said install watch few videos and be amazed.

This is making me wonder if OP is just one of those people who try to watch videos, and read things to get going, only to get frustrated and stop trying to totally understand. Then they try things without completely understanding how it works, only to then say "none of this works at all" and throw their arms up in the air.

I get how frustrating this can be, but by the same token, all of this takes patience and time. No other way around it. You have to take the time to really digest and learn how to use MQ and tools. This isn't a "plug and play" situation with MQ. If you are the kind of person who can't dedicate themselves to some learning and troubleshooting, then maybe using MQ isn't for you. It's as simple as it can be for what it is. The rest is up to you.

Thank you all. After reading back I guess I could have added a bit more context. Work for the way I wanted to set it up. ie 3 machines. Yes I have the idea from seeing numerous guild members doing it. Just can not wrap my head around how a laptop can run 6 accounts when a tower can barley run 2-3 without bogging down so wanted to split the load. That you for the month.

Thank you all. After reading back I guess I could have added a bit more context. Work for the way I wanted to set it up. ie 3 machines. Yes I have the idea from seeing numerous guild members doing it. Just can not wrap my head around how a laptop can run 6 accounts when a tower can barley run 2-3 without bogging down so wanted to split the load. That you for the month.
mq2framelimiter

Watch the video's linked above.
you are now lvl 2 for a month. so easy install / updates.
Let us know if you still have issues.
Easy.. right. Bother of the machines that i put i on give same issue.
installed. ran launch. it imported or whatever some settings. said to restart launcher. then that box.
And no there is no AV on this machine to block the installer.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 0
MacroQuest (core) - 3 PCs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back