• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - 3 Box Gold + 3 Mercs or 3 F2P? (1 Viewer)

xenoeq

RedCents
642¢
Hey all, I have got to grips with KA on my group of Bard/Mag/Dru (initial plan was to just get Bard to 60 to be a pet for my necro) but I’ve been bitten by the boxing bug

I’m contemplating a new group of either SK/Shm/Ench as gold accounts with 3 DPS mercs or SK/Rog/BST/Clr/Ber/Monk as 3 gold and 3 ftp (would be happy to pay for 1 month for autogrant on the ftp)

I assume the latter would be better, but I can’t quite decide - the only part I don’t like is not being able to focus on specific chars and learn them individually, so the other part of me was considering augmenting the necro further but probably doesn’t really need it

#1 is play what makes you happy

having said that:

holy trinity is alive and well - real tank, real healer (clr or shm) and cc (bard or ench)

mercs are pretty pooptastic

but it depends on your goals and what you're trying to do. you can have a lot of fun with all sorts of group makeups

your 2nd choice there, would behoove you to drop one of the melee and add a bard, then you're golden (i'd drop the monk personally)

#1 is play what makes you happy

having said that:

holy trinity is alive and well - real tank, real healer (clr or shm) and cc (bard or ench)

mercs are pretty pooptastic

but it depends on your goals and what you're trying to do. you can have a lot of fun with all sorts of group makeups

your 2nd choice there, would behoove you to drop one of the melee and add a bard, then you're golden (i'd drop the monk personally)
Cheers Sic, what would you run as F2P in the group (or F2P + autogrant)? I was thinking the healer, bard and one of the dps?

Cheers Sic, what would you run as F2P in the group (or F2P + autogrant)? I was thinking the healer, bard and one of the dps?
yeah that'd prolly work.

you definitely want tank all-access, and preferably your biggest melee dps (for hdex augs and big weapon), so maybe sk, rog, zerk as all access - bard and cleric can do just fine f2p, and then the bst will suffer for personal dps, but bst are weird anyhow, what you really want from them is their toolkit, and they can bring that just fine as f2p.

cool thing is you can figure that out as you go - just keep the tank all access so you can keep your augs/gear/aas up to date as you go. rolling into currentish content you should be more or less ~60-70% of what you would expect for that content as far as AAs and Augs and stuff go. if you PL straight to 120 on your sk, but you have 25k AAs out of 67k, and 0 augs, you're going to have a bad time, PLUS an even harder time catching that up since those mobs have such high hps.

but have some fun, one of the nice things about macroquest is it makes it really easy to change your group around later on if you need/want to.

you may find what needs you have right now might be different down the line

yeah that'd prolly work.

you definitely want tank all-access, and preferably your biggest melee dps (for hdex augs and big weapon), so maybe sk, rog, zerk as all access - bard and cleric can do just fine f2p, and then the bst will suffer for personal dps, but bst are weird anyhow, what you really want from them is their toolkit, and they can bring that just fine as f2p.

cool thing is you can figure that out as you go - just keep the tank all access so you can keep your augs/gear/aas up to date as you go. rolling into currentish content you should be more or less ~60-70% of what you would expect for that content as far as AAs and Augs and stuff go. if you PL straight to 120 on your sk, but you have 25k AAs out of 67k, and 0 augs, you're going to have a bad time, PLUS an even harder time catching that up since those mobs have such high hps.

but have some fun, one of the nice things about macroquest is it makes it really easy to change your group around later on if you need/want to.

Thanks for the comprehensive reply bud, I think I’m going to try and just level towards 100 and then at the very least I’ll have the ability to power level other stuff, my chars are only ~60 atm

Cheers, have a good one :)

Just thought I’d respond and say I fell in at the deep end and currently have 6 gold accounts for a couple of months, got to 54 in the last day and a bit and having fun getting used to things

My rogue currently, with poison is massively out damaging everything else - then it’s SK which I’m piloting then berserker, but to be honest half of them are still naked due to poor luck with defiant drops

Looking forward to pushing on past 60 tomorrow, I’m sure berserkers come into their own soon - given my outlay so far I’m reluctant to buy the CWTN plug-ins as I’d need a few of them, shame there aren’t bundle deals 😂

Having a blast though, in PoI currently but will see where the hot zones take me tomorrow - is it worth doing HA’s after 85?

Since you have gold on all the accounts (autogrant), I'd recommend HA's just for ease of gearing. May need to pick up some HoT armor to help you get started (not sure how defiant will do there). I believe you can start Gribbles @ 75 if you want.

Just need to get to 75 first, but I’ll definitely try that, I’m 58/59 now and it’s started to slow down quite a bit even in the hot zones, PoI isn’t that great now - tried heading to crypt of decay but that was too hard, not sure where I’ll try tonight, maybe veskar?

Thanks, I'm going to head to Veksar tonight if I can get away with it at 58/59 - hopefully so, I'm tired of killing clockworks :)

I'm looking forward to trying out some HA's, gearing up has been a bit of a pain so far, some crazy price gouging on some defiant pieces on FV - not paying 200k for an intricate defiant chestpiece as an example that I saw yesterday lol

Don't forget the Franklin Teek hot zones right now and Overseer when you get 85. You had asked if HA were good after 85 - some folks have better luck with the HA in higher levels. The HA offered by the Clayton Teek are in various zones and various levels.

There is good experience to be had in LDON's also.

Don't forget the Franklin Teek hot zones right now and Overseer when you get 85. You had asked if HA were good after 85 - some folks have better luck with the HA in higher levels. The HA offered by the Clayton Teek are in various zones and various levels.

There is good experience to be had in LDON's also.
Franklin Teek I have been using lately, it was the deep yesterday and I'm not sure if the time navigating to there was offset by the bonus experience - probably because I didn't know where I was going, but hey :D

Today is Bloodfeather roost which apparently, I can't actually get to the relevant quest mobs without doing some of the zone quest

Usually the dailys do not change unless there is a server reset. They are based on level so if you level up then you have more to ask for.

If you only ask for one near your level then it locks you out of asking for another for 24 hours. To get around that simply ask for 3 near your level at one time and do them when you want during the day.

I agree, some are not worth the travel. Bloodfeather was fun and killing just the cats, bears and stuff at the first level was pretty good exp

yeah that'd prolly work.

or keep it simple, add a bard and 2 mages...tank/enc/cler/bard + 2x mage...life will be good

Sounds like you are well on your way! Best thing I can say about the Teek quests.... some are far like you mention or need pre-quest. My recommendation, once you get to one of those zones... stay there till you out-grow it. The zone has an overall exp buff, so stay there and soak the xp. Plus that zone will drop an appropriate level aug.
Travel time, time to set up camp, and time to get just to those 5 mobs is sometimes a big investment...

Veksar is another such place... need to kill the hands for Teek... well those are in the farthest part of the zone... However Veksar has Teek bonus and dungeon bonus... so you get really good exp there. Pretty far off path, so many folks ignore it too. I enjoyed staying there till mobs were light blue. Then I think I went to BOT or POF (both of which are easy to get to, but have high traffic at times).

Get the quest and go to the zone. Do the quest. When 24hrs is up, drop a campfire, port back to PoK and get quest again, campfire back. Until you level out of the quest or he changes the zone, this is about as good as exp will get for whatever level you are at at that time

For anyone not sure about them, the CWTN plug-ins are incredible, just not having to redo inis every day is worth it not counting the better logic, easier to change options on the fly etc

Question - 3 Box Gold + 3 Mercs or 3 F2P?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back