• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tip - 22nd anniversary spoiler (1 Viewer)

Jande, I got all 7 pages in my first full clear. Got mission again after lockout turned in pages at ZIN and every memeber of my group got the feather so shouldn't have to waste a whole lot of time on this one unless you plan on farming for the augs.

The namer (that drops the augs) even spawn inside the instance?

yep inside the mission instance..

Think of it like any HA or missions you do anytime else.. the name (or its ph) spawns at the last step or so of the mission, probably locks out taskadds, not sure about that one..

There are a bunch of anniversary examples where 1 toon does the work and all toons get the reward. The shrink ring is one. The other that comes to mind was the dinner party extruded black pearl. The dinner party got nerfed back to an individual reward.

Suggest getting while the gettin’ is good.

Better do that quick for all characters, sounds like extruded black pearl all over again e.g soon to be nerfed

If it's the EBP all over again then they'll just take the item away from everyone for "Exploiting" and you'll have to do it again for each toon like they did with EBP

The namer (that drops the augs) even spawn inside the instance?
I have not seen the named or the ph on zoning in. I run my mage to coh group to each commander and kill, then check for the named. This takes about 5 minutes. Quit task rinse repeat. (Oh fer 7 so far)

Last edited:
I have not seen the named or the ph on zoning in. I run my mage to coh group to each commander and kill, then check for the named. This takes about 5 minutes. Quit task rinse repeat. (Oh fer 7 so far)

no the name/ph doesnt spawn until the last step.. Its just like the HA mission types from many xpacs..

I have done this mission 3 times.
Each time I have been lucky, saw the burly gnoll dude but nothing on him when I kill him.
Really at this point I just want the feather clicky. I have killed like 60 trash in the entrance now and not one of those papers to hand in. SIGH. Is the trick to get the mission, and then DO NOT go do the 3 named commanders... but just kill trash hoping for the paper drops? I noted after I did the mission 3 times with various friends and toons, once it's complete after a certain period it kicks you out of the mission and you have a lockout. So at this point should I just get the mission and kill stuff?
The aug is another story for another day.

I have done this mission 3 times.
Each time I have been lucky, saw the burly gnoll dude but nothing on him when I kill him.
Really at this point I just want the feather clicky. I have killed like 60 trash in the entrance now and not one of those papers to hand in. SIGH. Is the trick to get the mission, and then DO NOT go do the 3 named commanders... but just kill trash hoping for the paper drops? I noted after I did the mission 3 times with various friends and toons, once it's complete after a certain period it kicks you out of the mission and you have a lockout. So at this point should I just get the mission and kill stuff?
The aug is another story for another day.
I got two pages the first time I tried the mission, but I did not kill a lot of the mobs. The next time I ran the quest, I killed almost everything and got the remaining 5 pages plus the two pages I looted on the first run. Although this is a very small sample size, it suggests there is a complete set in each instance.

Also, was it "a burly gnoll" or "a very burly gnoll"? The former is the ph and the latter is the named.

For the aug: if you group with a mage, you can flip instances easily by having the mage invis to each commander and coh the group. Nothing sees invis and there is plenty of safe space at each commander to coh. Check for named when the third commander goes down and either kill the named or flip the instance (or kill and flip). It takes maybe 5 minutes or so to get all three commanders dead.

If you try and clear the zone the first time, I am pretty sure that you will get all 7 pages. I got 6 but I had to leave the game do to RL. The today I got the mission again and found the page I needed, ran back to zone in with my group and did the dialog and turn in with "Lorekeeper Ralf".

So pages from two different missions on different days, one turn-in and the whole group got the feather from it.

Also for the Commanders, I find that the phrase "Tell me your leader" works

Last edited:
What is the reward for the mission itself ?
XP + 24 commemorative coins

1615883685800.png

Pages still drop after you completed the mission, do not seem to kicks you out. after 30mins
If you are after the feather clear first then kill commanders.
XP in the mission itself sucks

Either the last page is on the razorgill or in the far east behind a locked door or possible to not drop a full set
its just in my mess of an inventory, will teach me to have open slots !

14 commemorative coins for eveyone on pages handin (each page is worth2 coins if you doing it one by one)

Pages can drop from same areas, had 2 drop in zonein spot.

Named spawns after 2 commanders killed.

Do you need to be in mission to get feather ?
Do you need to be in zone to get feather ?
Do you need to be grouped to get feather ?

1615899602264.png

Last edited:
done it a couple times today, do the first two commanders to spawn the burly gnoll. spawns up near everfrost peaks zoneline, very easy kill.

edit - can invis freely through the zone. you have to complete two task steps in order to spawn the very burly gnoll or it's ph, a burly gnoll. any two commanders work. first commander does the text emote and locks at 10%, second commander dies. after second one dies, ph spawns. the task does not lock at this point, you can add people.

Last edited:
Just ran and all 7 pages dropped on first run. Only 7 pages dropped, no more, no less, no duplicates. I cleared all but about 10 mobs in the instance. So it seems that you can get one full set per clear.

View attachment 28918

Slightly Different from the drop on Test

Ahh good.. doesnt make sense to offer some new augs in anniv and block them with some existing CoV ones with lore grouping.. I could see doing lore group amongst the anniv augs that can drop FROM that same boss.. similar to past anniv ones.. but thats good to see !

Here is my experience. I was able to attack 2 commanders and got them down to 10% ech but could not kill either one. Tried saying "Tell me your leader" and it updated correctly without killing them.

I thought I had all pages, there are 7 and they are numbered. They are lore so you can only have one of each.

Went back to Lorekeeper Ralf at the entrance. I grouped and task added 2 alts, level 109 All Access and level 88 F2P

When I checked my pages I saw one was not from this task but another one that had a @1 on it too. So dumped the 2 alts. Went back to lobby to get buffed up with original group.

Fellowshiped back ( I had set a campfire right at quest giver in Hills). Said "ready" again. Got back in and finally got the page I needed.

Edit: and the all the gnolls had respawned throughout.

Back to Ralf. Relog the 109 and 88 and got them back in group. Then task added them.

Handed in the pages one at a time and everyone in the group got a feather.

Never finished the quest, still had an hour left. So dropped it and will go for the entire task later.

If you click on the rock by Ralf to exit it will pop you out in Oceangreen Hills.

Last edited:
I though the pages would drop like crazy because I got 4 in trash group on top, but that was not the case. I forgot about the lockout timer and was missing a page.

Luckily I had zero problems with the trash or the commanders.

The razorgills were tiny human fighters all grouped up. One was porting back and forth from the far south of the zone to the lake where they are. Caused some agro problem that camping did not fix. I had to jump in and finish them just to cleat the mess.

I though the pages would drop like crazy because I got 4 in trash group on top, but that was not the case. I forgot about the lockout timer and was missing a page.

Luckily I had zero problems with the trash or the commanders.

The razorgills were tiny human fighters all grouped up. One was porting back and forth from the far south of the zone to the lake where they are. Caused some agro problem that camping did not fix. I had to jump in and finish them just to cleat the mess.
Yeah, those things are little buggers. Had a few follow me around but came thru the walls and what not. And my mercs and pets kept trying to get them.

So quit trying to hunt them down and just continued with killing the gnolls.

But I had to zone out to drop argo when I needed to turn in the pages because I had to drop my mercs and you cannot do that with argo.

Did this mission today. killed Every single trash mob. except ONE that spawned off the map completely. only 6 pages dropped.
3 mobs spawned total that you cannot get to, 2 i was able to pull with Cleric retort. (pet trick didnt work).

Got a full set of pages farming trying to spawn the named.
I kill the zonein area +- 17 mobs
Invis up go kill 2 commanders
Check track and cry.,
Drop mission

I kill the zone-in area and pull the two mobs you can see from the ledge that are deeper into the zone. If you get unlucky that’s usually another 8-10 mobs. If you get lucky it trains from the bottom and you get 15+ in a huge train :)

I kill the zone-in area and pull the two mobs you can see from the ledge that are deeper into the zone. If you get unlucky that’s usually another 8-10 mobs. If you get lucky it trains from the bottom and you get 15+ in a huge train :)
The ledge you can see when they sky is clear think 3 stands on it. I target the rightmost one and pull it :P it runs down grabbing all its buddies, then direfctly in front of me I do a cone AoE hate. Nice train to kill all at once!

The ledge you can see when they sky is clear think 3 stands on it. I target the rightmost one and pull it :P it runs down grabbing all its buddies, then direfctly in front of me I do a cone AoE hate. Nice train to kill all at once!

Three?? I only ever see two.

Have pseudo-code, time to make /mac geodegrindr. For anything done more than thrice a macro is required.

Will /say reayd, /say fudge nuggets, /say ready to ensure appropriate human realism zoning in, coz Alta’s groupmates Altb, Altc, and Altd aren’t suspicious AF at all.

The 2 biggest problems you'll have with this mission is characters getting stuck in the geometry... and using call of the heroes on your group and you forgot to turn off /afollow and your group dies trying to run back up top to their last location. :)

ahh, we’re talking about different stuff. Once the train you’re talking about is dead, go up to the edge of that ledge and look into the hole. There are two mobs ...one to the right (if you’re facing out over the abyss) that only brings a few friends, and one waaaaay far down at the bottom to the left.

Tag that bottom one and stand there a minute. Then head to your group and hang onto your hat.

Sometimes only a few come because the mobs warp, but sometimes it trains all the way up, agroing more and more and more. When it works out, I’ll have a full extended target window despite frantically killing the ones that arrive. It’s quite fun :)

Tip - 22nd anniversary spoiler

Users who are viewing this thread

Back