• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

2 Questions really.. (1 Viewer)

childofbodom5100

RedCents
Answer what you can/want to.. if this is a dumb question, then ignore me/kill me... whatever!

1) I have been having trouble boxing lately. The first toon loads up fine, but once I load up the second one, the shit hits the fan. Every textures disappears and is replaced by either white, grey, or black. I tried cooling down the clock speed on my ATI Radeon 9600 SE (which worked fine boxing until 2 weeks ago or so). I used to have all my files in 1 directory, but after it stopped working, I tried separated them into 2 different directories, but the graphics are still screwed up. I can barely see and it is extremely laggy on the 2nd account (1st one is fine though). Any suggestions?

2) I'm new to all of this account purchasing stuff, but I recently purchased a character who is on a server that I don't box on. I would like to transfer him to my regular server, only the seller did not provide the telephone number. From your experience, what would be the best way to bypass this? Could I say that I moved, perhaps? The seller gave me First/Last Names and E-mail address, and I don't really want to switch accounts if I don't have to, so all I really need is the telephone number, right? I just don't want the new account to get banned is all, because it took me awhile, but I finally got a good deal on it. If we have any pocket GMs that can/want to make a quick buck, PM me please. Thanks in advance.

~~BodoM

:::EDIT:::
Alright that was weird, like an hour after I posted this I started the Box (2nd) account FIRST then loaded my main (1st) and they both worked flawlessly (and lag-lessly). So ignore that part. If they have anymore problems I'll let you know. I do, however, still need help with question 2. Any suggestions? :\

Last edited:
The solution to Your question 2) is to pay at least one billing cycle (30days would be the obvious choice here) for the purchased account using your own billing info, then attempt server transfer. Some people have said that minimum of 3 billing cycles need to be paid before your information "settles" on bought account but it can be done with just one. If your claim is rejected, simply try it again in 30 days. Remember, SONY wants your money!

If the account you bought is quite good, it is HIGHLY suggested you transfer the character(s) to your own account(existing or completely fresh one). I am not sure if you can transfer servers and accounts at the same time, so it might be a two step process.

Obviously this might be a bit of a problem if the account you bought has been prepaid for a year... ;)

Finally, here is a recent thread on server transfers:

http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php?t=17620&highlight=Server+transfer

Thanks so much. :)

I'll just do that then, thank you!

Also, about Question 1... I got it to work for a few days, now the account crashes after I press Quick Play... when the loading bar gets about 3/4 full, the game just closes. No error, no freezing, it just instantly closes the window.

Sounds like a heating issue on your video card. If you have a PCI-e slot on your motherboard you can get an Nvidia 6600GT card for $19.97 after rebate (deal ends today 07/31/2007).

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=2884782&sku=B52-7866

My 9600 pro had lots of heating problems and ended up smoking itself long ago. This card is also quite the upgrade =) The 6600GT will play battlefield 2 quality games on med-high settings flawlessly, and costs very little.

Good luck!

2 Questions really..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back