• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

2/21/06 patch (1 Viewer)

Dedath

RedCents
Are we going to need a new versoin/updated MQ2 with this patch for PoR expansion? or will out current version work, also from the patch notes how they nerfed mm's the reward is based off of how long it took you to do it so logically thinking, wouldnt you just be able to put som sort of /pause 40 minute command into the macros for lsmm so you dont do anything till the timers almost up?

Every time the eqgame.exe is changed, mq2 must be changed with it so yes you will have to wait till a new one is created. The great people here at redguides are always on top of this and do a fantastic job dealing with everything that sony has screwed up. Depending on how much sony screwed us up on this will reflect on how long it takes to fix mq2. Sometimes a couple days, sometimes a week or more.

As for the mm nerfs, it does not mean the reward is based off of how long it takes you to complete the mm. I believe it is a system they created based off of how long it has taken people to complete them since they have been out. I seriously doubt they would let the xp stay the same just for you sitting in the MM till the timer is up. Basically all the MM's that people wanted to do have all been nerfed in xp I am sure. People loved to do them because they were quick, easy, and great xp.

As with anything good in this game, it is only a matter of time before sony takes our advantages away from us, or at least try to. Now it's a matter of finding new exploits for us to terrorize LOL. There are alot of new missions coming in this expansion I think so I am sure people here will find lots of fun new stuff for us to do for crankin out the xp and rewards.

I am sorry to point out that the great people at redguides are not the people that fix macroquest. That honor resides with dkaa and swiftymuse part of the mq2 development project.

The folks that post the precompiles simply import the fix's from the real dev's and hit compile.

Not to minimize there efforts but a trained monkey can do what there doing.

2/21/06 patch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back