• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - 100-120 Path (1 Viewer)

RedCents
353¢
I was hoping to get some suggestions as to a quicker path to get toons to 120 after heroic them to 100. Their armor at 100 is crap so I couldn't even do Goblins and Fools until I got them to 106 in FM and some better armor. At 110 I took them to GMM to /grind but the xp is super slow. I was able to camp a couple of the named in Cobalt Scar but I was dying more than I was not so it got annoying. Currently the group is WAR/SHM/ENC/MAG/MAG/NEC

broadly - dark blue kills per hour is going to be your best bet - ToV has less hps than CoV, so start somewhere like GD versus cobalt scar imo (unless you're trying to get type 5s

once you hit 113.5% you can do the 4 ToV missions and that will take you to 115 --- I dunno if these are f2p (non 120) toons or not.

110 you can wear the tov t1 gear which is very good
115 you can wear the tol t1 gear which is very good

if you haven't already gotten your shm epic and rez stick, you are definitely going to want to get those. the nec helps having a rez, but rez stick is a strong need/want --- shm 2.0 is non-negotiable, get it.

the merc/partisan quest lines are very good - you should

Epics, check. Rez stick, check. I have them in tov t1, and that's how they manage GMM. The mobs at GMM are dark blue/white and give about .2% a kill. Do you think GD may give better xp? I will def work on the missions as soon as I can.

I was hoping there was some kind of secret sauce because I plan on starting 2 more groups, but with the current strat getting them to 120 will take a minute

Epics, check. Rez stick, check. I have them in tov t1, and that's how they manage GMM. The mobs at GMM are dark blue/white and give about .2% a kill. Do you think GD may give better xp? I will def work on the missions as soon as I can.

I was hoping there was some kind of secret sauce because I plan on starting 2 more groups, but with the current strat getting them to 120 will take a minute
things take time

consistent kills per hour unless you're going to do progression - interruptions or downtime or deaths will significantly interrupt progress

make sure you're doing overseer too - that is several % a day for each toon

Even in ToV T1 at 110, GD is dicey until you get some 7/8 AC augs. Once you have some augs in your Tank gear, then GD opens up as viable. You still get decent exp at those camps. Chardok, Gorowyn, etc. It does help with the ENC in the group too. There are a few pulls where 5 can appear in the grind and ENC lockdown really helps.
I had to blow full defensive in 1st pull at 110 until I had augs.

This will get you to 113.5, then ToV progression finishes the job. Get full ToL T1, and then the Shei grind can take you to 120.

If you are having trouble you might at least do progression through EoK. You will level as you go, get augs, buff clickies, and end up much stronger. Without progression done you are likely to have a rough time at max level content.

I think that is the key there, progression. I skipped EoK thinking but more and more I am seeing it is important
You get better exp killing much faster in EOK than you will will in TOV initially. This is especially true on headshot/assassinatable mobs in EOK that simply dont exist in TOV.
TOV Merc/Partisans combined get you almost as much exp as the missions do.
I would personally recommend - EOK to 111 Merc/partisans to 113 or 113.5 and do TOV missions. If you have the ability to have someone do the missions for you and get credit for them at any time through TOL I would modify my approach. EOK to 112/113 TOV merc/partisans to 115 TOV missions TOL missions TOL merc/partisans to 120. Throw in some overseer every chance along the way.
Double exp times are a great time to do the missions. You can go from 107 or 108 to 113 on just the TOV missions. Add in TOL missions and it will bump you to 116 or 117.

Last edited:
I'm kind of in this struggle as well. The slowdown from 90-110 as I try to PL a big crew has gotten to me after being spoiled with earlier levels. FM is fine but often crowded on my server so I get skeeved out by it and I like sathir's too but I'm always paranoid since it's a known automater spot. Some rogue came by SOS the other day (I only saw them on my map) and maybe was innocently just picking up collections, but since they seemed to just stand in place for a while my paranoia took over and I thought they were watching me so I logged out. I'm thinking I might try KorSha (Gates or Lab) or Droga, as there doesn't seem to be anyone there ever I just need to find a good camp for PLing.

I'm kind of in this struggle as well. The slowdown from 90-110 as I try to PL a big crew has gotten to me after being spoiled with earlier levels. FM is fine but often crowded on my server so I get skeeved out by it and I like sathir's too but I'm always paranoid since it's a known automater spot. Some rogue came by SOS the other day (I only saw them on my map) and maybe was innocently just picking up collections, but since they seemed to just stand in place for a while my paranoia took over and I thought they were watching me so I logged out. I'm thinking I might try KorSha (Gates or Lab) or Droga, as there doesn't seem to be anyone there ever I just need to find a good camp for PLing.
Getting even one character to TOV snowbound gear and 112 or so will make pling anything in EOK to that level pretty easy.

Made a heroic 100 Necro. Did one Griklar mission with her, 10 mins and had a 103 necro.! Got harder after that, hehe.
You can go from 100 to 110 with just the 4 tov missions. BUT if you do that then you have to grind the exp from 110 to 115 which is a bit harder to do efficiently. Unless you do the missions during xp bonus in which case it makes a lot of sense to do them earlier.

depending on your server population i would suggest the chardok off scorched woods to say 103-105 than and i konw it sucks but frontier mtns is pure easy button mode to 110 ... than gorowyn to 112 ... being undergeared on a heroic your best bet is to stay below TBL in my opinion once your 112 the gmm grind to 113 is still decent OR if you can do the prog for the stratos tbl grind mission its also a good one to 113. than do your tov and cov missions to 115-116 /// and than grind again in the GD mission to 117 and than voila ToL prog to 120. and also like @Oldman66 says stop to smell the AA roses a bit every couple levels. slow and steady gets the worm

There are three expansions on the 100 -105 range.
The Darkened Sea, Broken mirror and Empires of Kunark.
I started the darkened sea progression assuming the mobs would be easier.
But any of those would do.

Even in ToV T1 at 110, GD is dicey until you get some 7/8 AC augs. Once you have some augs in your Tank gear, then GD opens up as viable. You still get decent exp at those camps. Chardok, Gorowyn, etc. It does help with the ENC in the group too. There are a few pulls where 5 can appear in the grind and ENC lockdown really helps.
I had to blow full defensive in 1st pull at 110 until I had augs.

This will get you to 113.5, then ToV progression finishes the job. Get full ToL T1, and then the Shei grind can take you to 120.
I just realized you said "Shei grind can take you to 120". How in the planet you manage to do Shei grind before 120?? I highly doubt the shaman could handle the healing there. He has troubles keeping up the WAR alive. Maybe I need to focus on getting them all augs before even trying that

The mobs at GMM are dark blue/white and give about .2% a kill. Do you think GD may give better xp?

For reference on that exp, at 115-120, straight grinding out DB mobs in TOV/COV/TOL 1-2 levels below me were giving ~.056%-.063%/kill.

I usually use the old expac for +2 levels over its level range (e.g. T2 ROS or T1 TBL to 112, TOV to 117) before moving on because better exp/time ratio. What level are your guys at now, 2 weeks later?

I decided to slow down to get the Djann's Veil. I think at this point I will probably do Icebound Avatar or Restless Assault and see if I survive those. Oh sorry, I am at 115

Last edited:
I personally always just tried camping augs/equipment/chase items that I needed to improve my toons cause before long always feels like XP/AA are maxed out and then your camping for these items with no XP reward minus burning Glyphs lol.

I just realized you said "Shei grind can take you to 120". How in the planet you manage to do Shei grind before 120?? I highly doubt the shaman could handle the healing there. He has troubles keeping up the WAR alive. Maybe I need to focus on getting them all augs before even trying that
Because I did everything else beforehand. I farmed augs. I farmed AA's. I did my best to go for BIS gear (within reason). I was in full CoV T3 gear on all toons. I ran with SHD,CLR,BRD,BST,BER,ROG as my SHM could not keep up. The CLR was a night and day difference over the SHM and I went back to SHM after I was full ToL T3.

I’m going through this question myself - I have a 120 tank, a bunch of 117ish support, and I want to add in a new heroic 110 dps (read: useless xp leach for now). I’ve been debating the most efficient way to do this, but I think my answer is that it would be more “efficient” for me to go back and do some Hunter camps and Jann’s veil quests that my main needs while getting xp for the new char as a byproduct rather than solely focusing on the new char getting xp as fast as possible.

Always open to suggestions and advice

New character DPS/Survivability is going to suck out of the box.

If you are leveling the entire team as a whole then you may need to grind AA and let overseer do your main XP.

The value of maxing out the AA and augs can be considerable.

Example: SV raid on alts.

Max ranger + 953K DPS over 1975s
Alt ranger + 634K DPS ~ 65% that of max.

The alt ranger is barebone level 120 toon. Its in full ToL T3 TS group gear but only has a few type 5/7 augs. They are missing all the non auto granted AA and typically perform anywhere from 50% - 75% as well as the maxed out characters.

You are really going to feel the difference in your tank and DPS.

Hmm coming back after a long break. Can’t remember but does TOL essentially work same as ToV missions? Big xp?

Also havne’t seen this mentioned but if you had the money collections quests are by far one of the easiest as well. Do 5-6 expansions at once and it’s fairly decent xp.

If you can, put the toon in a fellowship and toggle XP. Play other toons until the alt is capped. Then go to a high exp zone. But don't use LotD immediately because the max you can get is capped. Wait till your exp is running down.

I level alts by doing this and going to FM sarnak forts with a ranger that has max headshot. They die FAST. Do this to 106. From 106-112, Sathir's Tomb. 110-115 GD, the dorfs. Do the ToV heroics if you can, the exp the first time is nuts. 113 I go to the WW caves until 115, then Maiden's, several camps.

Best way to level 100 and up alts is this : (besides doing the progression or tasks)

Form a fellowship, have the toon that you want leveled placed on SHARING EXP in fellowship and log him off. Log on your other toons , have them on SHARING EXP as well (assuming you have a team) and go to low level zone that still gives EXP and kill like crazy.

Then log on your alt and place him in group and turn sharing off. EXP will go crazy fast

Hmm coming back after a long break. Can’t remember but does TOL essentially work same as ToV missions? Big xp?

Also havne’t seen this mentioned but if you had the money collections quests are by far one of the easiest as well. Do 5-6 expansions at once and it’s fairly decent xp.
TOV and TOL have the achieves with big xp for completing partisan/merc and mission tasks. COV and NOS do not have big bumps for those same missions/partisans/achieves.

I am not quite sure it works that way, as you get the experience for opening the chests in those missions. If I am remembering correctly.
I thought the same, but was surprised to see (I thought) I got a big chunk for a reward, at least for Griklor. I'll test it out again to see

edit: yeah so I can't speak for the other missions, but Hero of the Eastern Wastes at least shows up as a /reward. I think I may wait to claim these until July 4 to see lol

Last edited:
Best way to level 100 and up alts is this : (besides doing the progression or tasks)

Form a fellowship, have the toon that you want leveled placed on SHARING EXP in fellowship and log him off. Log on your other toons , have them on SHARING EXP as well (assuming you have a team) and go to low level zone that still gives EXP and kill like crazy.

Then log on your alt and place him in group and turn sharing off. EXP will go crazy fast
helps to pop lod on the exp group , build bar way fast ))

I thought the same, but was surprised to see (I thought) I got a big chunk for a reward, at least for Griklor. I'll test it out again to see

edit: yeah so I can't speak for the other missions, but Hero of the Eastern Wastes at least shows up as a /reward. I think I may wait to claim these until July 4 to see lol
so following up on this, it looks like Griklor is the only Hero reward that comes up in the /reward window. Not sure if this is a bug or what, but I just did the 3 others and my lower toons got the rewards automatically. womp

Question - 100-120 Path

Users who are viewing this thread

Back