• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

10/27 Patch MQ Update (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraze

RedCents
Anyone know when an update will be posted to make MQ usable again with new patch? :cool:

thanks

letmein said:
Please. for the love of god. no more pre-compiles

stop giving these nubs the gun.

If you arent doing anything to get caught yourself you have no worries about the noobs. They will infact keep sony busy as you go along unmolested.

STFU about the pre-compiles. If you wanna run your own MQ2 site then feel free to restrict pre-compiles there. Many people who paid to join this site did so because of the pre-compiles.

Pre-compiles are not the problem, its the idiots who do stupid shit to get banned that cause the problems. For every noob h4x0rz who uses mq2gank and other player affecting hacks, and run AFK for hours, there are 10 others who use the pre-compiles just because we are too busy in RL to take the time to do our own.

I have been doing my own compiles for a while now, but I will occasionally use the pre-compiles after patches and when I'm testing something just because of the convenience.

Pre-compiles are not the problem, its the idiots who do stupid shit to get banned that cause the problems.

amen

letmein I understand you being against the precompiles, but like datadog said, it's the idiots who use it that cause problems.

However, as Tone said when noobs abuse mq2, it means more nerfs for us, which brings me back to the point system. I thought about that, and I think that all the requirements for a level up is when people (meaning admins and mods) think they won't abuse things, not by submitting 1337 h4x.

Cade said:
amen

letmein I understand you being against the precompiles, but like datadog said, it's the idiots who use it that cause problems.

However, as Tone said when noobs abuse mq2, it means more nerfs for us, which brings me back to the point system. I thought about that, and I think that all the requirements for a level up is when people (meaning admins and mods) think they won't abuse things, not by submitting 1337 h4x.

Cade, I respect your work and have used some of your compiles in the past. That said, it would be nifty if you didn't precompile and rather, just provided an uncompiled "zip"

Sadly, if people aren't smart enough to compile on their own and recompile their own plugins, chances are, they shouldn't be trusted with MQ2 to begin with in game. That is just mho.

The inherent technical barrier between those who ran MQ and those not smart enough to compile their own tools also served to eliminate, in a Darwinian manner, those most likely to do dumb shit, from the community.

At this point though, it is too late. Even if you stop distributing precompiled binaries, some tool will step up to the plate and happily collect money to do so. Free market economies...and what not....

I've been thinking of going back to using auth codes, but if I do that people will simply use cosmic's compile instead. Going back to the auth codes is the only step I'll currently take to stop the noobs, but it requires everyone else to do so also. And if I do go back to auth, I'll only compile for those who can prove that they are responsible enough to use it, which is another challenge, as sometimes there's no real way to tell if they can handle MQ2 without having them use it in the first place.

It's true that most people that can't compile shouldn't use it, but then there's people like army that are too damn honest to pirate a copy of VS and too poor to buy it.

I did my own compiles via the free VS for the longest time ... no more free trials last time I checked, so the precompiles here were a lifesaver as poor students already living off loans gots no moneys to spends on stuffs.

Compiling is not difficult. All you need is the money to buy/use the program and half a braincell to read the directions on the actual MQ2 website.

Killing the precompiles won't drop as many folk out of the MQ picture as you would think. It would, however decrease the traffic here at red guides by a TON. I pay for access here only for the precompiles and the fact that I'd rather not spend the time doing it myself. The macros are nice, and the random sploits are a perk, but it's not enough to keep me coming back.

Cade said:
It's true that most people that can't compile shouldn't use it, but then there's people like army that are too damn honest to pirate a copy of VS and too poor to buy it.
I used trial versions of VS for like the first 6months to a year that I used MQ2 if you are determined enough you can find a way to do it.

datadog said:
STFU about the pre-compiles. If you wanna run your own MQ2 site then feel free to restrict pre-compiles there. Many people who paid to join this site did so because of the pre-compiles.

I agree 100%

One of the main reasons for paying to join was that i didnt have to compile all MQ each patch and pencil out new offsets.

Just giving my 2 cents , because i am a "noob" when it comes to compiling mq2 and such, but i will say i am not stupid when i play EQ, ive played EQ for bout 4 years, now but recently just started using mq2 this year, and it has made eq funner then ever, but i know what will get me caught and what not to do. with that said , i hope pre compileds keep coming cause i just dont have to time to figure it out =/

So the revenue of this website makes the existance of pre-compiles a non-issue?

I don't care how much you paid for access to a website, if you do not possess the knowledge to compile MQ2 (really all you have to do is type nmake /f makefile after downloading everything it tells you to on the MQ2 site while in the MQ2 directory) then you have no business using MQ2.

If you don't know or don't wish to learn how to use Macro's then you have no business getting plugins.

It took me posting fully automated macros here with simple instructions on how to modify them to realize why Lax and the Dev's over on the MQ2 Site seem to be such assholes. From now on if I do throw out such bones to this website not only am I not going to walk people through it but I'm not going to have pity on people who can't get it working with simple instructions. If this makes me an asshole then so be it. If I make a mistake in the macro I post and someone points out that something isn't right and what isn't right for them then I will make all attempts to fix it.

Limiting use by having an obstacle that only takes roughly a day to learn how to get over is not unreasonable, in fact it's people like you who would rather yell STFU then discuss rationally that make me shudder at the existance of pre-compiles. You would rather have something you can simply download not knowing what exactly is in the pre-loaded plugins then to even attempt to learn yourself how to compile with free to the public tools, even when this very website contains a EVEN MORE DUMBED DOWN version of what is on the MQ2 wiki concerning compiling with FREE Non-expiring command line compilers. One day someone is going to include a plugin in their precompiles that recognizes when you're in PoK and spam OOC "I am a MQ2 hacker, please petition me now" and when your not in PoK spams tells to GM's when they login.

I could care less about the precompiles. There have been precompiles since way before half the complainers joined Redguides. It also shows how arrogant they are thinking they are special because they can compile. Being smart has nothing to do with compiling MQ2 and just because you can do it doesnt mean you arent one of the idiots doing idiotic things with MQ2. Besides, get over it SOE already knows everything we do with MQ2 its no damn secret and no one is shining any more light on the use of MQ2. I mean damn, its like saying only mechanics should be allowed to drive cars and there would be no accidents because they know how to put one together. Get over yourselves.

Ccomp5950 said:
One day someone is going to include a plugin in their precompiles that recognizes when you're in PoK and spam OOC "I am a MQ2 hacker, please petition me now" and when your not in PoK spams tells to GM's when they login.

o man....thats freaking funny.

One day someone is going to include a plugin in their precompiles that recognizes when you're in PoK and spam OOC "I am a MQ2 hacker, please petition me now" and when your not in PoK spams tells to GM's when they login.
I would be steering clear of PoK when my I release my compile
icon_twisted.gif
But really, I don't think I'm special because I can compile, and I don't want anyone else thinking that either. What kait said about mechanics being the only people allowed to drive cars made sense to me. However, there's not a step by step manual on how to build a car. At this point I'll do what the majority wants, I'm too confused to have an opinion.

If mechanics were the only one's who owned cars would it not make sense that there would be less people on the road with vehicles that aren't mechanically sound?

I'm not an elitist asshole that thinks I am better then anyone else because I know how to compile, however I don't ask that you have to know how to build a car (find offsets, develop structs) to be able to drive the car (use MQ2) or even know how to change your oil (modify Macros) to be able to run a car with Nos (Plugins).

I honestly believe if you don't know how to compile (Put fuel in your car) then you have no business driving that car (using MQ2).

It takes a very minor ammount of time to learn how to compile FOR FREE with NON-EXPIRING tools and is explained in easy to read terms.

Anyone who only know's how to drive a car but cannot maintain that vehicle has no business driving that vehicle. The same should be true with MQ2.

And if you don't agree with me then it's likely that your not objective in your conclussions and are one of the few who have no clue how to put fuel in your car.

And there is a difference between those who just don't know and don't have the ability to learn how to compile, and those just not willing to take a couple hours and figure out how to compile on their own.

My life motto has and will forever be:

Learn or die.

Ccomp, you basically just said you needed to be a mechanic to drive a car. You usually go to people to get your oil changed, as far as I know.. If it requires mechanic-like experience and learning in order to modify a macro, why bother releasing it at all? Soon it will be that the only people with MQ2 are car Mechanics. I can modify macros and use plug-ins, Use them smartly, noone knows I run MQ, but I don't know how to compile. Sue me, I dare you. Nothing else I've heard of requires compiling, not to mention it requires downloading some trial thing or buying something for that oh-so-easily payed 39.99* (*Subject to being changed to 39.99x10 without notice).

Ccomp, you basically just said you needed to be a mechanic to drive a car. You usually go to people to get your oil changed, as far as I know.. If it requires mechanic-like experience and learning in order to modify a macro, why bother releasing it at all?

Uhm no...re-read what I wrote.

I said if you can put fuel in your car you can learn how to compile.

Editing a macro takes about 4 days of messing with them to figure out.

If all your willing to do is be spoon fed then your not going to learn anything. And the above view is then valid because you do not understand the ammount of experience it takes to learn how to modify a macro. Not knowing makes your view of it skewed and understandably makes the task seem daunting.

Leave the compiles in here, make them basic compiles. Make the person prove that they are worthy, as well as not a complete clown rapist, THEN give them access to the plugins :) Yup, I joined in Sept 2005, but ask many peeps here, I contribute (with my ghetto ass mac's :p). Newbs = downfall

Yes Ccomp, it is easy. But not all of us want to bother spending 3 hours to get something to compile something else, when we have lives that eat up most of the day for us. I'm sure most of us would rather not deal with the hassle and get the precompile. If they get themselves banned for doing it, well, that makes less idiots out there to use MQ, correct? Automatically assuming that Not compiling MQ yourself = Total idiot is about as bad as assuming black = gangster. It's completely untrue, and only an idiot would say such a thing.

Ccomp5950 said:
So the revenue of this website makes the existance of pre-compiles a non-issue?

I don't care how much you paid for access to a website, if you do not possess the knowledge to compile MQ2 (really all you have to do is type nmake /f makefile after downloading everything it tells you to on the MQ2 site while in the MQ2 directory) then you have no business using MQ2.

If you don't know or don't wish to learn how to use Macro's then you have no business getting plugins.

It took me posting fully automated macros here with simple instructions on how to modify them to realize why Lax and the Dev's over on the MQ2 Site seem to be such assholes. From now on if I do throw out such bones to this website not only am I not going to walk people through it but I'm not going to have pity on people who can't get it working with simple instructions. If this makes me an asshole then so be it. If I make a mistake in the macro I post and someone points out that something isn't right and what isn't right for them then I will make all attempts to fix it.

Limiting use by having an obstacle that only takes roughly a day to learn how to get over is not unreasonable, in fact it's people like you who would rather yell STFU then discuss rationally that make me shudder at the existance of pre-compiles. You would rather have something you can simply download not knowing what exactly is in the pre-loaded plugins then to even attempt to learn yourself how to compile with free to the public tools, even when this very website contains a EVEN MORE DUMBED DOWN version of what is on the MQ2 wiki concerning compiling with FREE Non-expiring command line compilers. One day someone is going to include a plugin in their precompiles that recognizes when you're in PoK and spam OOC "I am a MQ2 hacker, please petition me now" and when your not in PoK spams tells to GM's when they login.
Personally I am able to compile my own as well. Have no problems either with my accounts, as my main use for MQ2 is the small macros I find... such as TS clicking, and healer bots.

Although I do disagree with what you say.

For instance... do you goto restaurants where you pay for your food???? Now why go to a restaurant when you can very well make it yourself?

I dont know I do like the pre complies that Siddin, Soultaker, Tone, or Cade. and others do.I use mq2 and am smart when i do use it. Saves me time and the pain in the ass of doing it my self.. But some of there pepole that are saying dont post pre compiles dont realy post anything to usefull. Some do most dont. If Siddin, Soultaker, Tone, or Cade ECT>ECT dont want to post them its there chocie to not to If they do post them thats there choice too. As for tones coment about the Noobis+more nurfs That is true. I am glad /shared is somewhat nurfed Not for everyone that got there acts baned but got sick of seeing pepole runnong around with lvl 1 toons with lvl 65+ nodrop gear braging about. For them pepole I say see ya.But back to the precompiles I would like to see them still posted here. imo If percompiles are not posted all that will do is let pepole who do know how to compile make money selling them.

Now on to the pepole Bitching that sony baned them. Realy think about it you did it your self

Sorry to rant but its been building up for a few weeks :)

Automatically assuming that Not compiling MQ yourself = Total idiot is about as bad as assuming black = gangster. It's completely untrue, and only an idiot would say such a thing.

Hrm....

Didn't I say...

And there is a difference between those who just don't know and don't have the ability to learn how to compile, and those just not willing to take a couple hours and figure out how to compile on their own.

Those content to be ignorant but posses the ability to learn...

I joined because a friend at work told me about MQ2 and the compiles. I had cancelled my account a while back, but thought this would be fun. If it were not for the cool stuff that can be done, I would not be back in the game. I do not do anything in the open, I do not mac afk, except forage sometimes. I have warped, and gated but stopped that about a week ago when the ban stick came out. Lately I just use it to track mobs and use the map.
Now I work 40-60 hours a week, and I am in school full time, taking a double load of classes. I have very little time to log on to chat with friends and see what is up. I have no time to learn to compile. I suspect it is very easy, but then so is making pizza. Guess what, I still order out and pay for delivery.
If there are no complies, I doubt I would try to figure it out. Things change too often, and I would have to recompile. I do not have time for that. I would rather keep paying board fees to get access.
And yes, I am new to this board, but that does not mean I am an idiot when using MQ2.

For instance... do you goto restaurants where you pay for your food???? Now why go to a restaurant when you can very well make it yourself?

The inherit difference being that I do not rely on that restaurant completely for my meals.

If you rely on precompiles completely then this is the same as going to a restaurant for every meal you eat. This is not normal behaviour.

Another difference in precompiles and your restaurant analogy is what other reasons to people go to restaurants besides inability to cook? Convenience (Save time), change of scenery, social reasons.

Of these reasons convenience is the only one that transfers. And for this explanation of why a reliance on a restaurant to cook your every meal is needed please see my earlier sentence.

Ccomp5950 said:
The inherit difference being that I do not rely on that restaurant completely for my meals.

If you rely on precompiles completely then this is the same as going to a restaurant for every meal you eat. This is not normal behaviour.

Another difference in precompiles and your restaurant analogy is what other reasons to people go to restaurants besides inability to cook? Convenience (Save time), change of scenery, social reasons.

Of these reasons convenience is the only one that transfers. And for this explanation of why a reliance on a restaurant to cook your every meal is needed please see my earlier sentence.
I pickup a coffee everyday before i goto work. I could very well make it a home, and bring it in. For one, it's not as good, and second, I dont always have time to wake up early enough to make it for myself.... and for that I am thankful that there are these cofee shops!

Honestly have to say that for most people registered, and paying on this site, the pre-compiles are what is keeping them here. I know this, as this is why i originally signed up months ago. If that stops, many will probably leave the site, and go off and fend for themselves.

This is a paysite after all... not like the MQ2 forums that is a voluntary donation. It's nice that we have the people to pre-compile for us, especially the ones that help us through with what to change to get certain features working that the VIP forums may not provide to us.

But I still stand by this being a paysite, that has a really decent community of people who help others out, and the pre-compiles are a part of that.

You seem jumpy and edgy about the whole thing as if you are worried about getting banned??? why? If your not using active hacks, you should have nothing to worry about. People who know how to click a few buttins, or type a few lines and/or read and follow instructions can all be able to compile, and thus use active detectable hacks. Stopping pre-compiles wont's stop the bans!

Just wait it out, until all the abusers get banned, and then all will be back to normal, and we can MQ in peace.

letmein needs to shut up in a big way about precompiles, live and let live. Worry about your own set of eyes. If you dont like the precompile thread then dont read them go to the open source mq site where you may or may not receive a standing ovation. Everyone is here to see what it is that sony does not what us to know about. "know" is the important word here.

Without knowledge like this then to me its just another nerf whether in eq or out.

There is a difference between knowing something, and having something spoon fed to you. "Spoon Fed" being the keywords...

as for this...

You seem jumpy and edgy about the whole thing as if you are worried about getting banned??? why? If your not using active hacks, you should have nothing to worry about. People who know how to click a few buttins, or type a few lines and/or read and follow instructions can all be able to compile, and thus use active detectable hacks. Stopping pre-compiles wont's stop the bans!

You assume to much.

I think I will work on that plugin I was talking about...

there is a difference between assuming someone already knows it or giving them knowledge in whatever form. Pay attention to the advirtisment that got you here in the first place.

deeany said:
letmein needs to shut up in a big way about precompiles, live and let live. Worry about your own set of eyes. If you dont like the precompile thread then dont read them go to the open source mq site where you may or may not receive a standing ovation. Everyone is here to see what it is that sony does not what us to know about. "know" is the important word here.

Without knowledge like this then to me its just another nerf whether in eq or out.

A-FUCKIN-MEN

Why are we having this "conversation" at all?? It's a matter of personal choice for use...

Cade: Please continue with your compiles, I for one would continue to use it.

I am one of those who uses a precompiled version, and I have no desire to get VB whatever just so I can do my own. I have an older comp, I use a pentium 2 still with 64 meg ram and a 10GB harddrive. I dont have the space to download whatever crap is needed to compile.

PLEASE.... those of you who are bitching and whining about precompiles, just go back to the MQ2 forums and drag everyone else down with you. I don't like having it done here to me. DONT lump me into your category. AND dont use the use or post of precompiles as an excuse to FLAME!!!! :mad:

10/27 Patch MQ Update
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back