• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - 0.30% - 0.60% Regular XP Per Kill? (1 Viewer)

Wingedvillain

RedCents
84¢
Hey all,

Just a real simple and quick question to make sure I am on par with everyone else (hopefully).

I am currently boxing x6 lvl 76-78 and it seems regardless of light blue or dark blue mobs, the percentage is always stuck at 0.30% XP for Hybirds/Casters and 0.60% XP for my Melee according to KA. I have even tried to molo with my merc but it doesnt seem to make a difference.

Outside of FV server, no potions, no enchancements, is this a normal normal percentage to expect? ( just plain ole grinding it out).

Thanks guys as I am just having a hard time finding the right spots to go to.

.30-.60% per kill is pretty normal once you get past the low 70s in my experience. It's rounding the exp amount which is why you see one or the other. In the 90s, I just tried to stay somewhere that it showed .30% instead of 0.0% haha.

OK great haha!..... and I have definitely seen the 0.00 message a few times on blues which makes me sad... Will keep plugging away and grinding it out.

Thanks both for your quick responses!

Here is how it works and why you see the %s that you do:
Each level or AA gets 330 packets of exp stored serverside.
If you go past a threshhold of 1/330, your client gets a notification of exp gained since the last notification sent for the UI update.
So the minimum amount you will get for a UI update is .303% or (1/330).
If you are using an exp tracker, it will usually tell you how many packets of exp you got on any 1 kill and the % of level/AA that it equates to, ie. 6 packets for 1.818% or 1 packet for .303 or 10 packets for 3.03%.

Here is how it works and why you see the %s that you do:
Each level or AA gets 330 packets of exp stored serverside.
If you go past a threshhold of 1/330, your client gets a notification of exp gained since the last notification sent for the UI update.
So the minimum amount you will get for a UI update is .303% or (1/330).
If you are using an exp tracker, it will usually tell you how many packets of exp you got on any 1 kill and the % of level/AA that it equates to, ie. 6 packets for 1.818% or 1 packet for .303 or 10 packets for 3.03%.

Wow and thank you! That's exactly what I am doing and using at the same time haha.

Definitely some excellent info!

Question - 0.30% - 0.60% Regular XP Per Kill?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back