• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Contest Maskoi Month Contest - KUNARK CLOTH MAP GIVEAWAY! - Ends Sept 30th (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,750¢
Pronouns
He/Him
I present to you the annual,

mweek.png

Maskoi returned five years ago to bring these forums back from the brink, and to celebrate I'd like to give away something he'd truly cherish:

eqmap.jpg
An original cloth Kunark map, which represents his favorite game as he first witnessed it.

"Hey jerk! Why give away something he'd obviously want?"

It's a metaphor for the sacrifices he's made for the community!

You can make it into a pillow,

1pqtHiW[1].jpg

frame it,

2013-08-06_16-23-08_767.jpg

Or just PM images of you posing with it to Maskoi every morning.

We're also randomly giving away a Krono and free month of Level 2 to anyone who enters this contest!

HOW DO I WIN?!!

Post anything that represents or reminds you of Maskoi - a word, a screenshot, a meme, a haiku.

1ST PLACE: A rare original cloth Kunark map. (WINNER Picked by a judge)
2ND PLACE: A single, shiny Krono (Winner picked by in-game /random)
3RD PLACE: A month of RedGuides Level 2 for you or a friend. (Winner picked by in-game /random)

CONTEST ENDS 11:59pm 9-30-15

Rules:
No more entries after September 30th, 11:59 PM PST.
Winner of the map will be determined by a judge. The drawing for the Krono and Month of Level 2 will be held in-game on the Vox server, by use of /random. Time & location of the /random will be posted after contest ends, you are welcome to attend.
Multiplies entries are allowed so long as you're not spamming.
Shipping of physical items is to USA only, an alternate prize will be selected if we can't get it to you.
Posting with multiple accounts, or screwing with the contest will lead to certain doom.

Congratulations to the winners of the August Contest! Don't forget we have a second September contest going on as well.

I haven't been here long but he's already helped me several time. Always very quickly and without making me feel like an idiot. Thanks much!

Maskoi is that guy I'd really enjoy sitting down on TS or vent with and just chatting with. He's so helpful and on the ball. Its made coding in college more enjoyable by being here. So.... I guess.... Coding. Like a boss.

I first got to know Maskoi during the creation of Red Planet, a private EMU for the Redguides community, some years ago. It's kind of a shame EQ went free-to-play and Red Planet never went anywhere. Because of the Red Planet experience I was able to set up my own EMU to play with while isolated for a year at the South Pole.

Hmm... lots of thoughts come to mind in my short time here... this situation has always cracked me up though.

RGcontestmaskoi.png

Thank you everyone for entering! The in-game /random will be held on the Vox server in one hour! 3:30pm PST. Feel free to stop by and check it out, we'll be at the crescent reach spawn point.

Razkle, kknights, kyleo, eqgeek and others were hilarious. I liked hoosierbilly's story about red planet and playing on his own server in the south pole (offline I suppose?), and longbeard coding his way through college.

I haven't been here long but he's already helped me several time. Always very quickly and without making me feel like an idiot. Thanks much!

The ideal of sharing and helping each other without the usual "hacker elitism" has been Maskoi's goal for this community since day 1, and while he's not always perfect he obviously tries to reach that ideal, and it sets a good tone for this site. So thanks for noticing Gohast and enjoy the map :)

Congrats to Randyleo for the month of level 2, and congrats to Hoosierbilly for the Krono!

hoosierbilly: pm me your character/server for parcel

[Fri Oct 02 17:34:07 2015] You say, 'WELCOME TO THE MASKOI CONTEST!'
[Fri Oct 02 17:34:38 2015] You say, 'We had 19 entries, and Gohast already won the map, but the two final prizes are by /random'
[Fri Oct 02 17:34:42 2015] You say, 'so let's get crackin'
[Fri Oct 02 17:35:34 2015] You say, 'For the free month of level 2..'
[Fri Oct 02 17:35:37 2015] **A Magic Die is rolled by Redbot.
[Fri Oct 02 17:35:37 2015] **It could have been any number from 2 to 19, but this time it turned up a 5.
[Fri Oct 02 17:35:46 2015] You say, 'Randyleo!'
[Fri Oct 02 17:35:56 2015] You say, 'for the Krono...'
[Fri Oct 02 17:36:00 2015] **A Magic Die is rolled by Redbot.
[Fri Oct 02 17:36:00 2015] **It could have been any number from 2 to 19, but this time it turned up a 11.
[Fri Oct 02 17:36:14 2015] You say, 'hoosierbilly!'
[Fri Oct 02 17:36:18 2015] You say, 'Congrats guys'

Contest Maskoi Month Contest - KUNARK CLOTH MAP GIVEAWAY! - Ends Sept 30th
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back