• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
optimize.mac release | plugin optimization | hotbuttons | settings | low-mem!

Utility optimize.mac release | plugin optimization | hotbuttons | settings | low-mem! v0.200922

Download now: Join us with Level 2 access
or earn your way in with RedCents.
Server Type
Live, Emu, TLP, Test Server
"This may be useless to anybody but me."

Over the last 20 years I've spent more time than I'd like to admit creating characters and wasting time setting them up or doing clean installations of EQ/MQ2.

This macro does the following simple tasks:
  • Loads several plugins and writes "optimal" baseline settings for them.
  • Changes grouped characters' Options window settings. Alts don't need a lot of visible data.
  • Creates quality-of-life hotbuttons for your main.
| THIS WILL OVERWRITE "SOME" DATA.
| MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR EQCLIENT.ini and VV FOLDER
| I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT THIS MAY CAUSE.

As a bonus I'm including a very whittled down eqclient.ini for your second installation folder that you run your alts out of. Background characters don't need all graphics and can run using extremely low resources.
Between the eqclient.ini and the functions of this macro I hope to replace all of the disparate optimization guides that are scattered around the internet. My goal is to have boxes use almost no resources (and they run at 1440p, minus the toolbar)!

If you have any suggestions for other plugins that I should include with settings to set or, more favorably, hotbutton ideas please let me know. I'll look into adding it!
All change or upgrade suggestions welcomed.
Author
Ladon
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from Ladon

Latest updates

1. Goodbye INI, Hello DanNet!

Pretty big change to the macro. I cut out the broken pieces, added settings that've been added...
  2. v0.181014

-Added MQ2EQWire, removed MQ2Viewport. Investigating other features. Please consider purchasing...