• IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
optimize.mac release | plugin optimization | hotbuttons | settings | low-mem!

Utility optimize.mac release | plugin optimization | hotbuttons | settings | low-mem! v0.181014

Download now: Join us with Level 2 access
or earn your way in with RedCents.
"This may be useless to anybody but me."

Over the last 18 years I've spent more time than I'd like to admit creating characters and wasting time setting them up.
Even though I'm below a beginner level coder, I decided to make a macro that does the following:
  • Loads a multitude of plugins for all characters and writes "optimal" settings for them.
  • Changes every grouped characters' settings in the Options window. Alts don't need a lot of visible data.
  • Creates quality-of-life hotbuttons for your main.

| THIS WILL OVERWRITE "SOME" DATA.
| MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR MACROS FOLDER, EQCLIENT.ini, AND UI FILES TO BE SAFE.
| I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT THIS MAY CAUSE.

Note, MQ2AutoLoot has to be manually downloaded and EQBC has to be set up, enabled, and running. As of v0.170327 there is an included ini that needs to be set up for everything to run.

As a bonus I'm including a very whittled down eqclient.ini for your second installation folder that you run your alts out of. Background characters don't need all graphics and can run using extremely low resources.
Between the eqclient.ini and the functions of this macro I hope to replace all of the disparate optimization guides that are scattered around the internet. My goal is to have boxes use almost no resources (and they run at 1440p, minus the toolbar)!

Currently a couple of open issues that I could use help with:
008 - Figure out UI copy section. Slash command returns "Copying layout from the file i layout UI_${UI}_${EverQuest.Server}.in over to the current layout."
Why does the EQ client insist on moving the final i in ini to the beginning of the command? May be a limitation of EQ.
If resolved will require ${UI} to be defined and added to the ini.
019 - Can't get the helptext to appear after one of the subs are complete. If I put it in :endless it spams it every 1 second. Probably a better way to do this.

If you have any suggestions for other plugins that I should include with settings to set or, more favorably, hotbutton ideas please let me know. I'll look into adding it!
All change or upgrade suggestions welcomed. You pointing out better methods of handling this enhances the macro and my abilities.

Please download the latest macro, ini, and eqclient.ini. Follow all directions and have fun!
Macro can be run multiple times with the same group or from the same main.
Server Type
Live, Emu, TLP, Test Server
Author
Ladon
Downloads
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from Ladon

Latest updates

1. v0.181014

-Added MQ2EQWire, removed MQ2Viewport. Investigating other features. Please consider purchasing...