• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Combat Assist MageKill: My first Lua experiment. 0.03

Software Requirements
mq2nav, mq2moveutils, but both could be removed
Server Type
🏢 Live Test
I recently returned to Everquest as a mage after a 20-year hiatus and have successfully automated certain aspects of my gameplay with a 1200-line Lua script. Although my script is unsophisticated, it can be beneficial to those who are interested. It assumes a 120 mage and is intended for single mob kills rather than entire camps. To execute, I use the hotbutton "/lua run magekill." Once the mob is dead (or you switch targets) the script ends.

Please note that the script only provides a programmer's interface, which requires flag editing to exclude auto-attack or auto-approach during raids. If you have any constructive criticism or suggestions, I welcome your feedback. Crafting my script has been an enjoyable experience for me.

I personally use this all the time with a hot button that has two lines:
/lua stop​
/lua run MageKill​
I don't have any other scripts to run, so that works fine, but you likely want to let your other scripts run, so it might not work for you.

Also, it assumes your spell weave is the first 5 gems, what I use is:
  1. Roiling Servant
  2. Barrage of Many
  3. Chaotic Calamity
  4. Spear of Molten Luclinite
  5. Spear of Molten Komatite
If fighting elementals, you may want to switch out number 4 with Unmend the Unnatural.

After the fight, it reapplies some buffs and summons missing clickies. It assumes that you have my setup and my gear. Again the programmers interface, so when I upgrade my gear, I edit the code. So this might only be useful (or even playable) for the Lua coders out there.

Macroquest has significantly enhanced the fun and excitement of Everquest. As a bonus, I can now code and slay dragons simultaneously. How amazing is that! :)
Author
PricklyGoat723
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from PricklyGoat723

Share this resource

Latest updates

1. Incorporated some of the suggestions from both Goldenfrog and CWTN.

Changes: Changed the main file to init.lua inside a folder called MageKill. Refactored the...
  2. All 3 Lua files in one zip file.

I combined all 3 Lua files into one zip file. This way the launcher can unzip them for folks who...
Back