• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Lua - MageKill: My first Lua experiment. (1 Viewer) 0.03

RedCents
1,438¢
PricklyGoat723 submitted a new resource:

MageKill: My first Lua experiment. - Kill one mob at a time with your 120 mage.

I recently returned to Everquest as a mage after a 20-year hiatus and have successfully automated certain aspects of my gameplay with a 1200-line Lua script. Although my script is unsophisticated, it can be beneficial to those who are interested. It assumes a 120 mage and is intended for single mob kills rather than entire camps. To execute, use the hotbutton "/lua run magekill." Please note that the script only provides a programmer's interface, which requires flag editing to exclude...

Read more about this resource...

can you post an update with all three files as a zip. this way the launcher can unzip them for folks who watch the overview page and use the RG launcher to download/manage it.

thanks!

thank you for your contribution pricklygoat

For the zip/folder setup, rename your main file "MageKill.Lua" to "init.Lua".
The command "/lua run MageKill" looks for a folder with that name and run "init.Lua".

Nice script. It handles a lot of stuff.

If you are looking to extend it or to just learn more, it would be cool to move the config things (like spells, items, etc...) to an INI. Would let different chars with different capabilities still use the same script.

The RedGuides Launcher is the normal front-door for kicking off MacroQuest and managing scripts, plug-ins, etc.
1680377061099.png

For the zip/folder setup, rename your main file "MageKill.Lua" to "init.Lua".
The command "/lua run MageKill" looks for a folder with that name and run "init.Lua".

If you are looking to extend it or to just learn more, it would be cool to move the config things (like spells, items, etc...) to an INI. Would let different chars with different capabilities still use the same script.

The RedGuides Launcher is the normal front-door for kicking off MacroQuest and managing scripts, plug-ins, etc.
View attachment 47540

Thank you for your positive feedback and suggestions.
I have posted an update that uses a subfolder and the init.Lua filename instead of magekill.Lua.

I will work on the .ini configuration file and possibly a basic UI element.

I totally agree. This actually helps me with my ranger Lua I have been working on for a while.

@PricklyGoat723 Love the structure of the Lua and plan on playing around with it soon. Thank you for posting!

Ha, you're meleeing on raids with Mage?
To maximize dps as a mage, it was absolutely vital that they be in melee range for many years because of the amount of damage their RS line of swarm pets provided. Technically that's not required with remote cast now, but it was still pretty much accepted that mages were 'melee' in the last guild I raided in.

Obviously exceptions are made for events where that caused issues and mages just had to take the dps hit.

If I am allowed to melee in a raid, than I like to do it. Its more fun to be face to face with the mobs, then stuck inside an ogre in the corner with the rest of the pack. I like hitting things with my stick. And I believe it helps my swarm pets DPS to minimize their travel time and possibly even some of the other spells.

Also, I am very touched by your generosity, thank you all for the red cents, I have never had so many. :)

Lua - MageKill: My first Lua experiment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back