• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Work in Progress AutoMagic Option Configurator - Beta 0.2

Download now:  Join us with Level 2 access or earn your way in with  RedCents.
Software Requirements
MQ
MQ2Lua
Server Type
🏢 Live
This is a Beta release - use at your own risk!
Currently a proof of concept, see limitations down below.

If you use it and have the time, I'm after the following feedback:
Code
  • does it work - please post any errors, run with the debug switch which will give more information as to what is causing it to crash.
  • does it smell - please be constructing in this one - I'm not a real programmer, but I try to keep things dry.
  • do you have a solution to my slider issue.
Function
  • does it work as intended.
  • what could I change to make it better.
  • what checkbox, combo box, or slider controls would you like added to extend functionality.
  • how can I make it easier to use.
  • please don't ask about configuring eqclient.ini at this stage. I will be looking at it later.
READMe:
# AutoMagic Option Configurator
AMOC is a lua script which applies settings to the Options Windows and Advanced Options Window during an Everquest session.
It will apply a difference set of values based on whether the Everquest is running as a foreground or background window on your machine.
## Requirements
MQ
MQ2Lua
## Installation
### Via the Redguides Launcher
Watch the **amoc** Overview page.
Download via the RedGuides Launcher.
### Manually
Download from **amoc** Overview page.
Unzip the **amoc** folder into the MQ Lua folder.
## Commands
```lua
/lua run amoc_beta
/lua run amoc_beta debug
```
Start the configurator.
Option to turn on debugging, lots of spam.
```lua
/amoc
```
Display available commands.
```lua
/amoc status
```
Displays script status.
Shows whether or not **amoc** is running as a service.
Displays whether or not slider settings are applied.
```lua
/amoc load
```
Load previously saved settings.
The location of the player settings file is: `..\MacroQuest\Release\config\amoc\amoc_settings.lua`.
If the file does not yet exist (first run), it'll let you know.
You will need to load and then save the default settings.
```lua
/amoc load default
```
Load default settings supplied by the author. You probably want to do this on first run.
```lua
/amoc load me
```
Load previously saved settings file using the logged on characters name.
```lua
/amoc load <custom>
```
Load previously saved custom settings.
```lua
/amoc apply foreground|background|auto
```
Apply foreground or background settings, or apply automatically depending on window state.
```lua
/amoc service start|stop
```
Runs a poundshop service (loop with a delay), will detect when the window changes between foreground | background and apply settings for that state.
```lua
/amoc service
```
Returns whether or not the service is running.
```lua
/amoc gather foreground|background
```
Gather current window settings and load them into memory for the nominated state, does not save them to file.
Currently unable to gather slider settings.
```lua
/amoc save
```
Saves currently loaded settings to file.
The location of the player settings file is:   `..\MacroQuest\Release\config\amoc\amoc_settings.lua`
You can edit this file directly.
Settings can be removed (i.e `GammaSlider`), but not added.
```lua
/amoc save me
```
Saves settings to a file using the logged in character's name.
```lua
/amoc save <custom>
```
Saves settings into a file with a custom name.
```lua
/amoc slider
```
toggles whether slider settings are processed or not.
```lua
/amoc quit|exit
```
Does what is says on the box.
### First Run
```lua
/lua run amoc_beta
```
This will load the default settings, gather currently configured window options for foreground and background, then save them as your settings. 

## Limitations
Does not configure all settings, just the ones I'm interested in.

The gather settings function does not pick up slider values yet, because I'm a noob.
Changes to slider settings are turned off by default, to turn them on, while the script is running type the command:
```lua
/amoc slider
```
If you wish to turn off the `ADOW_EnableWindowedGammaCheckbox`, you'll need to change the `GammaSlider` setting to 0 in your saved settings file. See slider noob issue above.
My preference is to enable the `ADOW_EnableWindowedGammaCheckbox` in the foreground, and turn it off in the background, this is reflected in the default settings supplied.
Error handling is very basic. Manually setting values in the settings file to incompatible types or values can result in the script crashing and taking your eq session with it.
There is no Imgui interface at this stage. It's on the roadmap. 

## Thanks
Knightly, whose Write library I use, and has provided tips on it's use.
Kaen, who patiently responds to my questions, no matter how basic I subsequently realise they are.
aquietone, the lua eval script is an invaluable resource.
brainiac, helpfully critiqued this script enabling me to improve it faster than would otherwise have been the case. 

## License
### THE BEER-WARE LICENSE (Revision 42)
Naturesong wrote this program. As long as you retain this notice you can do whatever you want with this stuff. If we meet some day, and you think this stuff is worth it, you can buy me a beer in return.
Naturesong
License Name
THE BEER-WARE LICENSE
Author
Naturesong
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this resource

Latest updates

1. General Tidy up

Cleaned up output to terminal code and readability. Cleaned up code as per brainiac and...
Back