• Hail, we're RedGuides. We want you to play several EverQuest characters at once. We have scripts and a friendly community to help, please join our playstyle and say hello! 👋

Recent content by bytebite

  1. B

    Plugin - MQ2Shaman

    Context: Before level 50 and before Luclin is available for example. I definitely should have mentioned the earlier expansions part also. As soon as the group hits 50 or 60 and/or starts fighting in velious or later expansion zones, none of these changes make sense anymore. Long version...
  2. B

    Plugin - MQ2Shaman

    Sic's answer about chase mode requiring tank to sit is most definitely it but here is some suggestions to low level shaman usage after being a serial restarter at low levels. MQ2Shaman settings I often change for mana efficiency at low level: UseDot: Turn this off or set DotHp to 100 and...
  3. B

    Problem - "mage" issues from recent patch

    They fixed it a while ago by adding a feature to make name a filter keyword with exact match as an option. see here: https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/very-vanilla-mq-live-servers.1974/updates#resource-update-15083 Really the fix though is to stop KissAssist from searching for...
  4. B

    Frostreaver 2 groupable MOTM targets? (Frostreaver)

    I'll provide an incorrect answer so someone can correct me with better stuff. Melee DPS Group 1, War Pal Clr Clr Brd Enc Group 2, melee dps group, Shm Brd + 4X(Mnk|Rog|Rng|Ber) Caster DPS Group 1, War Pal Clr Clr Brd Shm Group 2, caster dps group, Dru Enc + 4X(Mag|Nec|Wiz) sacrifice one...
  5. B

    IRL - July 2026 Producer's Letter + Lethar announcement

    Not to give them ideas but could always require us to persona to the class to get the epic, then can use it on your other one.
  6. B

    Patch - July 2026 Update (live: 15; test: 7)

    According to resource data, they didn't modify the 35% hate reduction at all on companion strike proc from Dichotomatic Companion Strike 1-6 Roughly 2.5 times the damage and healing on it though.
  7. B

    Problem - Targeting Across Zone

    Two scenarios I've seen like this. Either the mob was agro'd within 600 but then warped as some do or it's the old xtarget bug where sometimes you can just end up with crappy stuff on xtar and no idea how it got there. Specific camps and zones have it worse one way or the other. I've had to...
  8. B

    Problem - "mage" issues from recent patch

    I'm just invested enough to ask, but not invested enough to go test it myself. Did you get a chance to see if that line was the cause?
  9. B

    Problem - "mage" issues from recent patch

    I don't disagree. I'm just saying Kiss is using the mob name and it creates a collision with a very old line of code that now has a warning as of the last build. Mage and Shadow Knight have had a special place for years. Right now, pc mage works to get pc magicians just fine and has for years...
  10. B

    Problem - "mage" issues from recent patch

    It's checking for "Does my targets name start with 'eye of' and do the right most characters starting from the 7th index contain a PC name? So it is asking, is my target "eye of PCNAME". But the target is "a gnome mage" so it turns into SpawnCount[pc mage] I just looked over kiss and...
  11. B

    Problem - "mage" issues from recent patch

    Best place I could find without actually testing everything was the spawn count for 'eye of' checking in validate target. Set up the above test just to prove the second part of the If isn't short circuited and still triggering the issue. Short answer: comment out line ~983 of kiss assist...
  12. B

    💾Software ImGui issue with bringing windows to the forefront

    What is the chance it is this relatively new known imgui issue with z order in viewports? https://github.com/ocornut/imgui/issues/9006
  13. B

    Release MQ2Grind

    It is probably PEBCAK but grind pauses on recycle due to the below logs. My group is there when I get back and I just click resume to pick it back up. I'm on RunCount 15 and have clicked resume manually probably 5 or 6 times? I wrote a LEM temporarily to just resume grind if I'm in the right...
  14. B

    Plugin - MQ2Druid

    Hiya Sic, any word on the BYOS use of Arboreal Absolution? Feel like I'm the one messing up if no one else has reported. Running an offbeat pal/dru/enc group though and figured it'd be helpful for a few more expansions.
Back
Top
Cart