• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2ChatWnd (1 Viewer)

im not concerned with check to close anything. im just making a statement about using reload to sometimes bring back windows that are gone or off the screen, such as 90% of the MQ2CLASSNAMEHERE plugins.;

so i upgraded to mqnext and ever since my chat window resets back to the default location every time i log out and log back in. is there something that i missed somewhere?

so i upgraded to mqnext and ever since my chat window resets back to the default location every time i log out and log back in. is there something that i missed somewhere?
hrm, nothing that i'm aware of - do you have your files set to read only, or exiting with a /exit instead of camping fully?

Would the move to 64 bit, on both EQ and MQ side, possibly help memory issues, as listed above from map and chat window limits on text display amount? I recall on the EQ forums a dev said something about 64 bit will allow for more memory usage of our computers, beyond the 4 GB 32 bit limits.

Would the move to 64 bit, on both EQ and MQ side, possibly help memory issues, as listed above from map and chat window limits on text display amount? I recall on the EQ forums a dev said something about 64 bit will allow for more memory usage of our computers, beyond the 4 GB 32 bit limits.
no

Hi,
I have installed EQ on a new computer, and now I cannot see the MQ window any more. I can see the MQ2Cleric window, but not the normal one with EQBC chat etc.
Haven't seen anything on search, apologies if this has been posted before, but how do I get the window back?
Thank you

Hi,
I have installed EQ on a new computer, and now I cannot see the MQ window any more. I can see the MQ2Cleric window, but not the normal one with EQBC chat etc.
Haven't seen anything on search, apologies if this has been posted before, but how do I get the window back?
Thank you
You can do the following steps

/Plugin mq2chatwnd
/Reloadui
If it doesn't show then
/Mq2chat reset

Thanks both, but it did not solve the problem... When I type /mq2chat reset, I get a That is not a valid command. response.
Since its a brand new installation, all I did was download the launcher, and import/export the profiles from the old PC. Are there any other plugins that I need to start manually that my old PC has?
(/clr missing for instance works fine in the MQ2Cleric window)

Thanks both, but it did not solve the problem... When I type /mq2chat reset, I get a That is not a valid command. response.
Since its a brand new installation, all I did was download the launcher, and import/export the profiles from the old PC. Are there any other plugins that I need to start manually that my old PC has?
(/clr missing for instance works fine in the MQ2Cleric window)
sorry phone autocorrected

> MQ2ChatWnd Commands Tab <

/mqchat reset - Reset the window to the top left corner of your EQ client window.

Everytime I load MQ, my MQ chat window is not where I left it when I locked it. It also has ESC to Close checked, even after I uncheck it. HOw can I get this window to stay put and not close on ESC?

Everytime I load MQ, my MQ chat window is not where I left it when I locked it. It also has ESC to Close checked, even after I uncheck it. HOw can I get this window to stay put and not close on ESC?
make sure to cleanly camp out so eq saves your settings - doing a /exit will not do that

you also want to ensure that you're not file locking or file syncing your files with AV / onedrive (etc)

Is there a way to make the window load minimized? I don't want to unload the plugin because I use the window all the time, but when I first log in and run MQ2 the 1st thing I do on every character is manually minimize the window and it's really getting old.

Short story long:

So today I was fixing an issue with MQ2groundspawns, Initially I put a command line in my social when I made it 2 years ago, to "add global Glowing Globe", needless to say that resulted in 50 or so entries scrolling each time I started the /ground active on (don't judge this idiot).

At some point today, in attempting to correct this, I was using a reset command I saw in the thread on MQ2groundspawns but my syntax was incorrect, so I experimented with variations hoping to resolve my collection issue. (Later I read/figured out to just edit the INI and removed the duplicates...)

However, one of those experiments seems to have resulted in MQ2Chat or MQ2ChatWnd dumping data into the EQ chat {see screenshot) now...

Any advice on how to correct this? 🥺

1693152385274.png

Short story long:

So today I was fixing an issue with MQ2groundspawns, Initially I put a command line in my social when I made it 2 years ago, to "add global Glowing Globe", needless to say that resulted in 50 or so entries scrolling each time I started the /ground active on (don't judge this idiot).

At some point today, in attempting to correct this, I was using a reset command I saw in the thread on MQ2groundspawns but my syntax was incorrect, so I experimented with variations hoping to resolve my collection issue. (Later I read/figured out to just edit the INI and removed the duplicates...)

However, one of those experiments seems to have resulted in MQ2Chat or MQ2ChatWnd dumping data into the EQ chat {see screenshot) now...

View attachment 50531
/plugin mq2chat unload ?

Short story long:

View attachment 50531
Post in thread 'MQ2 Chat/messages in EQ Main Chat window' https://www.redguides.com/community...ages-in-eq-main-chat-window.78962/post-519246

But also inb4 "just unload mq2chatwnd and use mqconsole"

Post in thread 'MQ2 Chat/messages in EQ Main Chat window' https://www.redguides.com/community...ages-in-eq-main-chat-window.78962/post-519246

But also inb4 "just unload mq2chatwnd and use mqconsole"
Thanks Sic, I didn't see that thread in searching, though I tried the just use "mqconsole" that was suggested elsewhere. It populated halfway off my screen, and I couldn't drag it down, so that was moot. Not sure why that happens (Lua used to do that all the time but it self-corrected) -

Navemesh updater does it but that too but being an app, I can shift-right click, pick move and direction arrows to move that into view...

I'm sure there is a viewport command for the mqconsole but thats above my paygrade

Last edited:
the mq console has copy paste, can easily be toggled to appear/disappear (which also gives it focus), has other typical text entry shortcuts beyond copy/paste, doesn't truncate text, the list goes on. can be dragged outside eq.

also i'm pretty sure typing into the mq2chatwnd buys you nothing over just entering the text in your main chatwnd.

Hello Folks,

I have an odd issue, one of my characters MQ2 window is now showing anywhere. Ive tried unloading and reloading, relogging, etc. but it wont show up. My character is a shaman but I dontthink the class matters. I cant seem to find any commands to make it show up, anyone know the command to make it show?

Thanks!

Hello Folks,

I have an odd issue, one of my characters MQ2 window is now showing anywhere. Ive tried unloading and reloading, relogging, etc. but it wont show up. My character is a shaman but I dontthink the class matters. I cant seem to find any commands to make it show up, anyone know the command to make it show?

Thanks!
Mq2chatwnd?

/Plugin chatwnd
/mq2chat reset

Many folks now just use the MQ console and no longer use mq2chatwnd

the plugin was disabled for some reason on this character, however running the commands didnt make it show up.

Everything seems to be working fine other than that. Perhaps its somehow offscreen?

when my bard mez...i can't see the mez (and remez) messages on the mq windows of the other characters. yet when my enchanter mez's..i can see that the enchanter mezed a mob on all mq windows of all the other characters. i used to be able to see the bard mez messages, but that has disappaered recently. any fix for this? thanks.

when my bard mez...i can't see the mez (and remez) messages on the mq windows of the other characters. yet when my enchanter mez's..i can see that the enchanter mezed a mob on all mq windows of all the other characters. i used to be able to see the bard mez messages, but that has disappaered recently. any fix for this? thanks.
depemd on what you use for your bard automation, if kissassist, turn on dannet if you using dannet, in the ini, and it should announce it

Please post when you figure this out. I want what you have currently, to disable the spammy messages across the groups mqchat windows =)

depemd on what you use for your bard automation, if kissassist, turn on dannet if you using dannet, in the ini, and it should announce it
you're right. i actually did have dannet turned on (i've thought of that and checked it before). but upon closer inspection today...at the very very bottom of my INI..i had pasted a second [Genera] section with dannet turned off...not sure how that even happened lol, but thank you for the dannet reminder which made me take a second look

Been searching for a while, all I find is mq2labels, but that doesnt seem to be getting me what I want. Tried captions, but I believe that's just player titles, etc. Use to know how to do this, but forgot and can't seem to figure it out this early. How do you change the title of the MQ window to something custom. With the EQ windows it's just simply a right click.

Thanks!

Plugin - MQ2ChatWnd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back