• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Farming (1 Viewer)

RedCents
649¢
Now that i have a maxed out team of a Sk,, Clr, Chanter and mage I need to start looking for places to set up each toon to start farming for PP and Gems and such to gather plat. Could i get some ideas for farming sellables, Any ideas are welcome and if you dont want to say in this thread i welcome a private message and it will be kept secret. Thank you all, your all awsome!

Any zone that has essentially ZERO traffic that drops diamonds, blue diamonds etc in it's loot table that's 15 levels below your team is a start. Fast killing with TONS of mobs to pull where you set up is key. I have teams set up myself but not top end as of yet, so can't advise on your team specific just the rule of thumb scenario.

each server is a little different so... best to explore yourself and see which are empty. Ought to be a wide range, anything from Kunark era to HoT era ought to have decent merchant fodder. As for bazaar foddr... kinda depends again on your server...I would say check out SoD era drops, see what they sell for... then move on up some in levels of loot till you reach a point your dudes are struggling. But again, in areas most folks don't go.

Most times though, you will get better luck just farming merchant fodder and TS stuff then trying to sell specific drops using FTP accounts. Even live toons... depends on the markets for the drops. I been out of RoF for XPing my latest batch of toons for 2 months... still have 3 traders full of tier 1 stuff running out of my ears, same with HoT stuff.... but that is just my server's market =)

each server is a little different so... best to explore yourself and see which are empty. Ought to be a wide range, anything from Kunark era to HoT era ought to have decent merchant fodder. As for bazaar foddr... kinda depends again on your server...I would say check out SoD era drops, see what they sell for... then move on up some in levels of loot till you reach a point your dudes are struggling. But again, in areas most folks don't go.

Most times though, you will get better luck just farming merchant fodder and TS stuff then trying to sell specific drops using FTP accounts. Even live toons... depends on the markets for the drops. I been out of RoF for XPing my latest batch of toons for 2 months... still have 3 traders full of tier 1 stuff running out of my ears, same with HoT stuff.... but that is just my server's market =)
i am looking for more TS or merchant fodder, not so much bazaar. i dont have the resources to have a dedicated merchant selling 24/7

House of Thule, The Grounds or Morrel's Castle are very good. However like posted above, many servers are different. Bristlebane has NO ONE in Birds Island while Vox has 35 people at any given moment, The Grounds is a great place to farm, just don't take a camp with any named and you should be fine.

Your best bet is to really just unleash your characters in a couple zones and find out. For example you can throw your characters into a underfoot zone like lichen creep or arthicrex for 6 hours sell everything drop it in a spreadsheet then try a new zone. pick 10 85+ zones like this figure out what was the best pp per hour then do it. With the characters you have you could probably pair the sk with the cleric in one zone and in another zone do the chanter + mage + 1 cleric merc.

If you do it this way and just set each of the two groups in a zone after a week you'll of tried 14 spots.

Underfoot zones only issue is the amount of hit points they have, and damage they deal out, however they are going to be much more deserted than House of Thule.

Going to Lichen Creep would be comparable with going to Morrell's Castle, because of how much hit points the monsters have, they also hit a good bit too as stated above.

I would just get a bunch of melee dps, berserker or monk being the best two in my opinion, and dropping them in zones like Fort Mech, House of Thule, Feerrott, even Plane of Fire, Hate, Dragonscale Hills, I mean really anywhere you want that drops Diamonds or Blue Diamonds.

I do agree, Underfoot is probably more profitable than the majority of House of Thule zones if you can kill and pull quick enough, the bone crafters in The Grounds drop diamonds left and right.

Underfoot is the best I've found too. Find a nice zone/spot in there and you'll never see anybody. Been farming it for a few months and I've seen 1 person in the zone I normally go to and he was just boxing his way through the expansion for achievements. Some of the stuff there drops really nice vendor trash and you can pull in a lot once you find a nice spot.

My opinion is there are two routes you can go:

1) Straight farm and vendor dump of diamonds, blue diamonds, and other sellable items in zones that are very easy to kill in.

2) Farm TS'able items in more recent zones that you can make into items that are unique and sell well (think bags)

If you're not interested in experience, I would take my crew to a zone even further back than Underfoot and crush stuff for gems. RS comes immediately to mind as SUPER easy to kill in and the mobs are rich with droppables that sell well to vendors. PoP (PoFire) has great droppables, as well, some of which can be made into items that sell in the bazaar for tribute (think bows).

If you're more interested in some experience and want to farm TS stuff, I'd head to the RoF zones that drop the materials to make the 100 WR, 20 slot backpacks. You can farm the materials and either sell the materials to a buyer in the bazaar or make the bags and sell them. On my server the bags are selling very well, and the TS materials sell well because there aren't a lot of people still messing around in RoF.

Question - Farming

Users who are viewing this thread

Back