• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

H.U.D. - Frequency MQ2 UI (1 Viewer)

RedCents
8,490¢
Update for the Frequency MQ2 UI. Best darn UI for Everquest. I updated it for the latest expansion. All credit goes to http://www.macroquest2.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=15850

I'd update it there, but mq2 forums don't allow large uploads.

Fixed AA Window, Inventory, and Animations.

6/6/2014 Update
----------------
-Fixed animations and ui load errors

10/11/2013 Update
------------------
-Replaced Map, Big Bank Window, Containers.
-Started Revamp on Player Window
-Group Window Redone thanks to warlock

3/9/2013 Update
-----------------
-AA Window update with auto-grant.

Here is my Update:

Attachments

• Freq_di28889.rar
    2.3 MB · Views: 152
Last edited:
YES finally someone to keep this one alive!! Had to get Freq to do it via PMs last time, and he said he was no longer going to be updating it! Cant; wait to check it out.

Still working on revamping the player window. I'm trying to get a good balance of what to display and size.

- - - Updated - - -

Updated with all my changes, Player window is still a work in progress, but you get the idea of what I am doing with it.

Quick screencap.

UI.png

lol also wasnt running MQ2 when its running alot more info is showing. ill see if i have a screen if not ill make one and upload it

Not too worried about the lowbie alt that has nothing else on that account. Theres also more then one silk. :P

Will take a new one with MQ2 running.

Is there any way I could get just the target? Someone else had wanted that as well. It's pretty dam bad ass.

- - - Updated - - -

The UI is looking good. I am gonna have to grab the target window for use in my UI.

if you figure out what to move/copy - let me know. I spent and hour trying to get the right stuff and ended up with a lot of default UI's.. hehehe.

Any chance you can make the title bars for the chat windows a bit larger? They're difficult to grab with the mouse.

-Edit-

Nvm, after tinkering around with it, I found 2 additional chat window xml files in the folder.

Last edited:
I'm working on getting a complete overhaul of the UI done. My aim is to bring it to a minimalistic approach. Not window throw up like most EQ UI. Since we all use mq2 I can completely remove some UI elements.

Ok guys, here Is what I am doing. No custom animations or template. I'm modifying the default UI to incorporate MQ2 features (Distance, Class, Level, etc...) and stripping off any artwork from the default (the edges of target, group, and player windows bother me). I'm not reinventing the wheel, so any UI pieces I see that use the default UIs animations/template files I will use and give credit to upon release. The idea for this UI is to have more screen space, but have MQ elements that I have grown to love from Frequencies UI. Version 1 will be the basic elements:
-Target Window (using same format as Frequency but Default templates and animation)
-Group Window (using same format as Frequency but Default templates and animation)
-Player Window (using mystiic's player window - http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=6172)
-Extended Window (using Krowebar window - http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=6554)
-Buff Window (Still picking this one out)
-Potion belt

Might do hotbuttons / chat windows. On the fence with this one.

Still working on the rest. Once finished it shouldn't break easily since it will be using the same templates as EQ's default.

I will post it tomorrow. Main thing is the Target bar and Group Window for the MQ2 features. (Distance, Level, etc...) but the rest is just a stripped down default UI.

Seems to not wanna work, trying on a different class, but is there a more current version then the one at the top? This was my go to UI back in the day hehe just playing around with the idea of coming back at the moment hehe. Well I suppose, trying out toons on new servers hehe but lookin for the good ole UI.

I have not been using this UI in some time, but for those folks looking for UI stuff I have some files

Target Window is the similiar as the one shown in the picture above. It is size adjustable, lists the targets level, class, direction, and distance.... your aggro, who name of secondary aggro, and their aggro percentage..... HoTT (name, health bar, percentage of health) as well as target's buff. It is slightly bigger ( the text) to compensate for winEQ's pixel line take out method. Only window I am linking that has MQ2 enhancement

Player Window is the player window shown in the above example picture with additional modifications. It is a modified version of one you can get off of EQInterface. It has been edited to accommodate displaying level 100+ better, removed some obsolete items, expanded the spacing here and there for better readability ( I am getting old =P) and widened the red "in combat" indicator around the edge (easier to see when checking via the "window in a window" function) yes , this player window is FREAKIN HUGE! it is displaying a TON of information in a relatively small area though, making it easier to get a better idea on what exactly is going on with your toon. ( IE , X named baddy has hit you with some unknown whammie... glancing at the player window will show the numbers in red that got negativly impacted...including hp/mana/end regen... so you can see at a glace you got a -32k a tick DoT on you that took away haste/str/dex or what ever) This window has no MQ special features, but one I find highly useful none the less.

player window graphics , needed for the player window

Wide Hotbar Buttons can be retrieved from EQInterface It makes the hotbuton wider. Why? Glad you asked... it makes it easier to read the words onthe hotbutton. Generally you can only get like 4-5 letter before they either try to wordwrap or just poof (depending on the size you normally use) , this expanded that out to 8 letters or so. Right click on the hotbutton bar , in the pop up window click on button size , and reduce it down to say 60% ( I use 65) to get the bar ( that is now damn LOOONG) back to where it normally is, and you have hotbar that is a little thinner but wider, displaying text better.

Buff window
Song Window

Buff windows that are shrunk up , numbered, and invisibile when not in use. Always shows the buff name and timer, but in a minimalistic approach.

These are not a Freq replacement, simply the stuff I came up with after getting tired of constantly fixing Freq ( heh ) and should not break unless DBG makes a change specific to those windows ( IE not interlocked)

H.U.D. - Frequency MQ2 UI

Users who are viewing this thread

Back