• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

XP question (1 Viewer)

Puck

RedCents
220¢
As I've mentioned in other posts, I know very little about how mq2 works. I'm concerned with displayed xp gain. I've grouped a mid-80's character with a low-90's character to effectively pl the lower character, and I've worked through upper SoD and most of HoT. Ive noticed that ~80% of the time, i get a specific amount of xp (0.303%), ~5% of the time i get 0.606%, ,and the other 15% of the time i get no message in the mq2 window saying that I've gained any xp at all, even though in the eq window, it states that i've received group xp (and I'm gaining laa xp for every kill, regardless of amount of normal xp.) I don't understand why there isnt more variance. 0.303%/kill seems to be the rule, and the con of the mob doesnt matter (lb, db,white, yellow, or red); I've even tried grouping (sometimes with an enchanter using learner's aura), but again, its almost always 0.303%. My xp bar is set to 100% normal xp, and when i switch to aa xp, there *is* variance. Also I've noticed that as the lower character levels, the % of times not getting an xp gain message from mq2 increases unless I move to a harder zone.

Is there some kind of xp cap that limits me to 0.303% xp/kill? If so, are there any ways to bypass the cap?

Not that you are not getting the xp its the way MQ2 calculates it. .303 is the smallest amount it can tell you that has been gained. Once it accumulates beyond the you might see the .606 Often you may see 3 or 4 in a row at .303% then 1 at .606%. It is not a cap that you are hitting.

If you are seeing none after a kill then 2 mobs later you see a .303 might want to find a new spot to grind. You are getting very little per mob (.1%).

XP question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back