• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - XP problem? (1 Viewer)

Kelset

RedCents
72¢
Anyone notice anything strange about XP gain over the holiday bonus?

I have a bard that started at ~75% into 103 and my druid was about 15% into 104, I had them in the same group with lesson in at the same time thought the weekend for the little bit I was able to play (how about a non holiday weekend XP bonus weekend!!) And my bard is now ~10% into 106 while the druid just squeaked into 105 before I finished tonight.

The bard is a half elf and the druid is a wood elf, the were grouped with my 115 sham and the mercs. The only thing I can think I did different was the did was sitting there incised but the bard was reusing and is turn on auto attack some times if I felt like alt tabing over. No fellowship vitality (unless it just isn't showing up) that I know of it anything like that any idea what might have happened?

Something similar happened when I did a lesson burn with one of my friends last night, I was getting 4.2AA power kill while he was getting less than 2 both with lesson up in EW on trash. He's an iskar monk and I'm a frog shaman. One of our friends says they're is a hidden bonus if you are under 4k AA? Which I was until last night, might that be true?

Thanks

That bonus is 4K assigned though so as soon as autogrant is done at any point 85+ it’s over
Thats why on new alts I get the 4k aa, easy on most classes to spend that just in focus with things that do not get autogranted, each xpac release this strategy gets a bit worse. For that matter buy tradeskills (you know you want to) it is not granted at all.

The shaman is auto granted so he had under 4k spent but not assigned, had something around 31k assigned.

The shaman was also pulling not the bard when he was getting way more XP that the druid, I will have to see if now that the bonus weekend is over of their XP gain is more even and try to play around to see how to change it of it is not

The shaman is auto granted so he had under 4k spent but not assigned, had something around 31k assigned.

The shaman was also pulling not the bard when he was getting way more XP that the druid, I will have to see if now that the bonus weekend is over of their XP gain is more even and try to play around to see how to change it of it is not

Is the bard account an old Refer a Friend account? It's my understanding those accounts under certain conditions still enjoy a significant exp bonus that is probably magnified by the current bonus weekend.

The under 4000 AA bonus is 10% declining. But like others said if you auto grant at any time it cancels that bonus.

But you were under 4000 AA on level 106 character? Hmmm.

There are a lot of other factors that can affect your experience, the mob level to you, the mob level to them, how many in group, how many of the group is mercs, the level spread, who is puller etc.

Is anyone Silver? Cause that can also affect distribution if AA are maxed for the Silver.

So in a nutshell, the bard is getting better normal and AA experience that others he groups with.

wow all thanks for the responses, so to try to answer some of the questions:
3 chars + 3 mercs

115 shammy with tank merc - my original account from 1999, all access, auto grant, ~31k AA assigned, was puller and marked as puller, throwing dots on mobs after i got htem to camp and then would run out and get more mobs, was getting what i would consider normal AA xp for 115
105 bard with healer merc - FTP, was subbed for a month in the past but that was a long time ago, ~7k AA, twisting a melody and would auto attack on some/most mobs
104 druid with healer merc FTP, was subbed for a month in the past but that was a long time ago, ~7k AA, was invis and not doing much of anything (which i've never had a problem with in the past)

I thought if you went all access for a month you went silver but i think that was a thing of the past as they both show green FTP on login screen

One thing i did forget to mention and now that i think about it, this is likely at least part of the problem. Druid and Sham are in a fellowship with some RL friends (and druid is set to xp share), and bard is in a fellowship (and wans't set to xp share) with my 6 box group that i'm leveling on the side, druid shows max AA vitality, none in xp bar, bard shows no vit available. I bet this has an impact i just turned off his sharing for now to test

also this brings up another question, why do i only seem to gain vitality on my AA? On my druid who is set to 100% xp (just like bard) they don't get any vitality for regular xp?

The fellowship i'm in we have some not 100% AA folks in it so shouldn't i see some normal xp AA on the druid in the fellowship that isn't max level?

also this brings up another question, why do i only seem to gain vitality on my AA? On my druid who is set to 100% xp (just like bard) they don't get any vitality for regular xp?

The fellowship i'm in we have some not 100% AA folks in it so shouldn't i see some normal xp AA on the druid in the fellowship that isn't max level?
You gain fellowship vitality when *other* people are gaining xp without you in the group. If you're in the same group, you don't accrue vitality. So if your fellowship mates don't go out and XP without you, you won't get anything. Sharing on one character and not sharing on another is def going to alter the xp gains.

The vitality bars are fubar, and have been for years. The never fix them so it's entirely possible you are bugged and not receiving the vitality gains that you should be.

You gain fellowship vitality when *other* people are gaining xp without you in the group. If you're in the same group, you don't accrue vitality. So if your fellowship mates don't go out and XP without you, you won't get anything. Sharing on one character and not sharing on another is def going to alter the xp gains.

The vitality bars are fubar, and have been for years. The never fix them so it's entirely possible you are bugged and not receiving the vitality gains that you should be.
Thanks! Is there a command or plugin that will report the number or it's just jacked and you have no way to know if it works or not.

wow all thanks for the responses, so to try to answer some of the questions:

105 bard with healer merc - FTP, was subbed for a month in the past but that was a long time ago, ~7k AA, twisting a melody and would auto attack on some/most mobs
104 druid with healer merc FTP, was subbed for a month in the past but that was a long time ago, ~7k AA, was invis and not doing much of anything (which i've never had a problem with in the past)

I thought if you went all access for a month you went silver but i think that was a thing of the past as they both show green FTP on login screen

Your older accounts that once were subbed should have returned as Silver. When was that sub on them?

Recently it has been noticed if you use a Krono (not a credit card or any other method) to pay for a month then 99.99% of the time when the Krono wears off the account will go Silver. There are still some folks who will argue this but most of us have had it work this way.

Thanks! Is there a command or plugin that will report the number or it's just jacked and you have no way to know if it works or not.
It can be bugged such that you never actually accrue vitality when you should. So it wouldn't matter if there was an alternate method to report vitality total since you're not getting any, period.

Your older accounts that once were subbed should have returned as Silver. When was that sub on them?

Recently it has been noticed if you use a Krono (not a credit card or any other method) to pay for a month then 99.99% of the time when the Krono wears off the account will go Silver. There are still some folks who will argue this but most of us have had it work this way.
They were created last year so they are new but I subbed then with a CC not a Krono, maybe I will try a Krono next time I want to go AA.

My old account from 1999 was silver when I picked it back up last year

Was your bard the puller? Pullers get a very noticeable xp bonus. And your friend is correct - anything under 4K AA gets a bonus.

Holy shit, I never knew this 🤯. I was typing up a question because my SK is getting almost double the XP that the rest of my group is getting. This works out for me, but it seems severe.

I assume the puller is considered to be the first toon to agro the mob?

I assumed this was just based on Group Roles, but I always have my puller designated as the Group Puller, so it could be based on aggro. I guess this would be fairly easy to test just by moving the group roles around and seeing how the xp changes.

Interesting, I just checked and the "puller bonus" only applies to AA XP, regular XP is an equal split.

I assumed this was just based on Group Roles, but I always have my puller designated as the Group Puller, so it could be based on aggro. I guess this would be fairly easy to test just by moving the group roles around and seeing how the xp changes.

I don't have my puller role set. Both toons are using CWTN plugins, it doesn't appear to be setting it either.

Back again...so this isn't really a puller bonus (which may still exist but it isn't this pronounced). Instead it appears to be a penalty for hunting in zones that are too low for you and for some reason the puller escapes that penalty. My group is level 110, while xping in Temple of Droga I was seeing this penalty on all chars but my puller, puller was getting ~80% more xp than everyone else. Tonight I moved over to Skyfire which is more level appropriate and all chars in my group are getting the same xp.

I found this post that sums up what I have seen: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-gain-between-characters.270645/#post-3970573

Very interesting, i was over level for EoK, however I think there was something else going on, my druid and bard are more closly caught up now, about ~40% of a lvl or so now but the puller thing is really good to know for sure!

Hmm, not sure that is true about a negative penalty when you xp in a previous expansion when you are above the max level for that expansion. My crew is 114/115 and we currently spend a lot of time in EOK and ROS and are doing quite well on exp. There are a couple of players who are also 115 and never leave FM (at least for the last 6 months it seems) and since they never loot the bodies I assume they are not there for drops. I have found FM as some great AA spots.

Others say Overseer is great exp, but for me....blah. I hardly get 1% exp on most of them.

But, personally, I don't sweat every micro inch of exp on my bar. I just play and have fun. Cause what do you do when you max exp and AA? In fact I am more worried about that right now since I am within a few % of max level. Hopefully the new expansion will be level 120

Hmm, not sure that is true about a negative penalty when you xp in a previous expansion when you are above the max level for that expansion. My crew is 114/115 and we currently spend a lot of time in EOK and ROS and are doing quite well on exp. There are a couple of players who are also 115 and never leave FM (at least for the last 6 months it seems) and since they never loot the bodies I assume they are not there for drops. I have found FM as some great AA spots.

Others say Overseer is great exp, but for me....blah. I hardly get 1% exp on most of them.

But, personally, I don't sweat every micro inch of exp on my bar. I just play and have fun. Cause what do you do when you max exp and AA? In fact I am more worried about that right now since I am within a few % of max level. Hopefully the new expansion will be level 120
I am looking forward to the new expac too, I started playing some in 99 but my friends and I really came into our own during kunark and velious and then I stopped playing before Luclin. The environment of kunark was so amazing and the storylines and three warring factions in velious were so cool.

I really dislike TBL from the bit I've done so far with my friends now that we are back so I suspect until ToV unlocks for FTP accounts I will be in EoK and RoS for some time!

Although maybe I just have a bad taste in my mouth from the trials of smoke, but our group is quite sub optimal with no real CC I heal as a shaman, two of my friends play monks, and then sometimes one of our friends plays a shadow knight be he is pretty awful at tanking so we usually just use a tank merc

I am looking forward to the new expac too, I started playing some in 99 but my friends and I really came into our own during kunark and velious and then I stopped playing before Luclin. The environment of kunark was so amazing and the storylines and three warring factions in velious were so cool.

I really dislike TBL from the bit I've done so far with my friends now that we are back so I suspect until ToV unlocks for FTP accounts I will be in EoK and RoS for some time!

Although maybe I just have a bad taste in my mouth from the trials of smoke, but our group is quite sub optimal with no real CC I heal as a shaman, two of my friends play monks, and then sometimes one of our friends plays a shadow knight be he is pretty awful at tanking so we usually just use a tank merc
we're a little off topic now, but
nah you're probably right about TBL, it wasn't great from a user experience.

locked things progression - even to get to esianti (T1), it is behind T2 stuff --- dumb

the 1st entry zone is a steaming pile of poo. I'm a firm believer in the main 1st zone should be nice and open and broad, and immersive - not some bullshit like stratos.
ToV has a better feel as far as progression and zones go

12/12 accounts did this for me. Interesting. If krono only sub are they supposed to go back to FTP and not silver?

12/12 accounts did this for me. Interesting. If krono only sub are they supposed to go back to FTP and not silver?

Yes, all accounts are supposed to go to F2P if you stop paying.

Its kinda kinky and has a lot to do with the ins and outs of the account designations like Gold and All Access and the dates those were changed and modified.

Without going into huge detail, if you use credit cards then most likely the account will go back to F2P. And that is what they are supposed to do.

BUT If you use Krono, as you can see from your accounts, then there is a very high chance of the account turning Silver when you stop paying.

Mine also go Silver. There are many naysayers out there but I think the overwhelming majority on these boards go Silver when done paying with Krono.

I do not even bother with using a credit card at all on any new account I create. Only Krono.

Question - XP problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back