• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

WOW Warlock can Train other Players. (1 Viewer)

ASSWEASEL

RedCents
Training Mobs on other players is not easy in Warcraft. For the Warlock EYE OF KILROGG will do just that.

How?
Works on Humanoid creatures not all but some. These creatures have to be hostile to you and to who your going to train.

Find a safe spot and wait till your prey pulls a mob from the camp send the eye in run it around the camp and round up your train. Run the eye to where your prey is fighting and stop. insta bedlam.

I love sneaking into hi level zones and training the opposing faction. For alliance a good spot is Dun Garok.

For horde try the ruins of Alterac. Doesnt matter what level you are you can safely train 60's as long as you have the eye.

This could be THE way to clear out the gold farmers in Azshara, at least for as long as it takes them to do a corpse run...

i am a 60 warlock...the eye of kilrogg does not get aggro...it is used for scouting and you can go right next to mobs and they will do nothing...am i missing something?

excuse me ... what creed said ... I've never been able to get aggro from my "eye" ... maybe this "feature" was introduced in the 1.7 patch as a special bonus for warlocks ? ;)

umm yeah... eye = 0 aggro unless you bump into the mob...

also the eye has like 1 heath so a sneeze could kill it...

the eye is the most useless spell in the game... its bright green so scouting for pvp is useless, they now know theres a lock near them... it has no health to with stand anything...

there is no good use for it...

there is some use to it chicken...:D

i used to go to Durotar with my 60 lock and hide somewhere...send the eye to a few noobs and they would follow it back to me not knowing what it was....:D...oh the good old days

Sorry but it does get aggro!!
Head over to Hillsbrad and Dun Garok or SouthShore if you like. Pull up your eye and send it in In Dun Garok the eye is often shot by the riflemen. Helps if when passing the gaurd to pause a heartbeat.

It is an odd thing this because I can have 2 gaurds in the same room go up to one no aggro go near the next instant aggro. And it is those mobs your looking for because when it sets to chasing you all it's buddies along the way will follow.

Used this eye to get the Southshore Gaurds far enough away so a freind could run into the Graveyard and Plant Heculars Rod.

Used It In the Ruins in Aterac to train Ogres On to opposing faction.

Also Used it in a town Called Lakeshire??
And it certainly does work.
One thing I did not mention because I did not want to seem the fool is that it seems to only work if the NPC is carrying some type of arms.
I don't know why that is but it seems to be that way.
I didn't mention that before because I have Taken the eye up to unarmed stationairy mobs parked it there. And watched the mob looking at the eye and then bam a fist to the eye.

So some unarmed ones do aggro as well but takes longer to happen.

Farmhands, miners laborers etc with pitch forks and such do not aggro. But when you go to a camp with military like patrols the eye will get aggro from some mobs.

well ass (that just sounds funny to say)...i have never gotten aggro from my eye unless it touch an enemy...then it died in 1 hit...i will be testing this out in the places you mentioned above tonight...

i just did a run in Hillsbrad to be sure I wasn't hallucinating or something and i wasn't.

Dun Garok is where i discovered this while using the eye to scout out the beer keg for the elixir of agony elite quest. (You cant see it with the eye) was just there and no not a mob aggroed GRRR! Outside lol! Took the eye in to where they got their war machines and aggro.

Tried Durnholde on way to Southshore Syndicate don't seem to aggro but i didn't take much time to assess

So over to SouthShore Lol yep them puppies get even a glimpse of the eye they come a running.

Went to the ruins in Alterac and tried the ogres outside Strahnbad Yep. But here is where the odd issue comes into play. In the ruins ran the eye past 5 identical mobs. The first 4 ignored the eye even when i was circling them. 5th mob was insta aggro. Some ignored some didn't in Strahnbad where i am going as soon as done typing cause Night Elf hunting there Can you say CHOO!! Choo!!

I will attest that the Lock using the Eye last night in BRD did draw aggro once, but the mob took ten steps or so and backed off, wandering back to it's spot.

how close did you guys get...i think it is if you get within like 1 yard or something they will attack it.

you know come to think about it creed.. it does draw aggro, but only to it self.... since were 60 the aggro circle is bump into vs yardage...

but even if you could draw aggro.. the mob only needs to be within 5yds to hit/kill it.... and since mobs tend to run faster trying to attack you .. you really couldnt train, first off the eye isnt fast... and once it dies the mob goes back to its original position...

training mobs with the eye is worthless, period.

True on most mobs you got to get pretty close to draw the aggro But not in Southshore. There they come a running at over 50 yrds distance.

As for run speed I think you are making an assumption that the eye runs at same speed you do. it doesnt it is really fast. So fast in fact that The Southshore gaurds who can run at 2X or 3x speed can't catch it. I usually just run the eye up right under the mob and keep going if mob is melee the eye is out of range before it can hit and again i say most times.

Dont believe it get someone with a horse and run a race. Don't know how fast the eye moves but trust me it is fast.
I have spent about 5 hours game time in eye mode.

And yes the aggro is on the eye only. But if you run that eye up on someone that is nearby killing another mob the mobs U pulled there are going to get pissed and attack the player. This is true only if you are not pulling them to far. To far and they go into evade mode when eye is gone. At least i think thats the case.

If not then a chain of warlocks Could train City Gaurds far from the battle zone prior to an invasion.

Will see if i can get another warlock to test out whether his having an eye up for when mine dies will draw aggro.

The only place i have had limited success in training other players Is in the ruins at Alterac. the mobs are pretty closely packed in there and you dont have to train them to far.

I say limited because i have yet to see someone die from this. More to do with the way I am training not the method. The mobs do aggro but if you get a train of 6 mobs and run them up on someone there is always one mob out in front in the chase. When it kills the eye the laggards end up just going home not being close enough to get the sympathetic aggro. So instead of a big train just an add or 2. Practice makes perfect and am going to hone this.

Oh one more thing about this. I have trained a mob on someone only to have it return home after killing the eye. This happens a lot less frequently if you kill the eye your self.

I think it also depends on the level of your character. When I was 40ish and sent the eye through the Bloodsail ships looking for the captains, the pirates in the boat would aggro like crazy and chase after the eye. When I hit about 45ish they didn't aggro nearly as much. As with most other things, I would bet that the aggro radius changes with level. Mobs will definitely aggro and chase the eye, but it's usually just a matter of time before they one-hit-kill it.

Eye is extremely useful for PVE. Especially if you don't constantly read thottbot ahead of time or have another computer to check thott with. You can send the Eye out ahead to scout and find that boss/hive/herb/etc. you need for your Q. It moves much faster than you can and allows you to avoid unnecessary combat. Why fight all those elites when the termite mound you need isn't up there? Oh look, the EoK just saved you two trips to the graveyard and it showed you that the closest mound is just to the SW of your current pos. :-P

However, I'm not entirely sure you can really train with it, as once the eye's gone the mobs usually run back to where they were. I'll have to give it a go later tonight.

More info.

It appears this is a faction thing. If you send your eye anywhere near NPC's on opposing faction they aggro the eye from afar.
Myself and 4 other warlocks just ran 3 stormpile gaurds from gavin's naze to terrin Mill.

In order to chain the pull any distance you must have the next eye in the chain up and aggroed before the first eye is gone . We got 3 of them right down to the perimeter of Terrin Mill. If we had another warlock could have put them right in town. the 3 Stormpile killed the Lone Sentry at terrin Mill.

And we had to pause a few times to wait for mobs to catch up in order not to outrun them.

Was hella fun. I was able to use my stone and see the action as I was the initial puller.

About training U cant train a player that is not engaged in combat. Combat has to be with an npc on same faction as train. You cant just run near to the Target of the train. Run right thru him and keep eye alive till the train passes thru that same spot. They pick up the aggro from their kin while in aggressive mode and it holds after the eye is gone.

Messaged a warlock in Scarlet Monastery mobs aggro the eye in there.

The trick to doing a bump and pull is to send the eye behind the mob and clip the back of him. Mob has to turn in order to strike and that delay lets you escape the strike.

Dun Garok is a bump and pull.
Bump and pull does not mean you have to actually hit the npc. There is a perimeter around the mob and if you invade that space aggro.(Thanks Creed For pointing this out earlier.)

Perhaps the mobs in Alterac are actually bump and pulls as well will have to check that out later tonight.

Last edited:
Today on my server I joined a A Raid on Refuge Point Arathi Highlands. Raid force stayed in middle of the ramp. I would send in the eye round up a pack of Guards and run the eye straight up the ramp the raid would pull a couple mobs out of the pack and eye just kept goin till expired on return the mobs that continued chasing the eye passed everyone that was killin their mates.

A pack of like 6 guards and the raid could peel off how ever many they wanted without aggroing the others. The eye in this case has to outrun the guards so they return home in evade mode. Having the eye expire to close is going to cause them to aggro.

WOW Warlock can Train other Players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back