• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Wierd thing happening in HoH (1 Viewer)

Naes

RedCents
60¢
I'm running the AFK bard macro in the red room, and after every 4-5 kills or so out of nowhere, and without a "you have been summoned" message, I am being summoned onto the top of my pile of guards. There is no second summoning.

I've ran this macro before here and have never had this issue until today.. this has happened 3x in a row.

I wonder if a GM is watching me or if something else is going on. :confused:

I often find AFK bard running around in HoH and I'm sure many have reported them as afk macro users. My guild did have a specular wipe on one of the HoH trial, and one of the player somehow trained the dragon into the next room, killed the bard before the dragon ate the rest of my guild. My guild did warn the player before we started the trial so the player can't accuse us of not being warned without giving away the player was using afk macro. :D

Later I found the same bard trying to run in circle in guild lobby. I have no idea how long the bard would be running before the player finally came back but from what I heard, the bard had been running non stop for almost a whole day in the lobby

I zoned into HOH yesterday and instantly had agro from every mob in the zone. I literally got spammed with 200 agro socials. Just something to think about. This was on Maelin

Everytime he summoned me I would look around like wtf, maybe turn around and ponder what was going on, hit /endmac and /twist off, and if I was low on health I would invis past and go regen up out of the room. One of the times I continues killing my mob at 13% by hand.

It should have been fairly obvious that I was macroing (perfect circle lol...), but I wasnt AFK at the time, and always responded immediately everytime I was summoned. I tried to cover a few times by running my own circle.

So I suppose I'm under observation atm... time to lay low for a couple weeks I guess.

Wonder if I could blame perfect circle on a joystick or something, then just say I have an elaborate /melody hotkey and just press F8 everytime I kill a mob.

I am not sure on how to use the macro I just joined like a month ago and still can't use it I have not found any links or anything to use the bard macro if some one could send me a link on how to use the macro that would be great I realy want to start lvling bard

Actually, most gm's/guides don't really care if you're using macros as long as you're actually there watching and able to react if something strange happens, like being summoned. =p

Silvern said:
Everytime he summoned me I would look around like wtf, maybe turn around and ponder what was going on, hit /endmac and /twist off, and if I was low on health I would invis past and go regen up out of the room. One of the times I continues killing my mob at 13% by hand.

It should have been fairly obvious that I was macroing (perfect circle lol...), but I wasnt AFK at the time, and always responded immediately everytime I was summoned. I tried to cover a few times by running my own circle.

So I suppose I'm under observation atm... time to lay low for a couple weeks I guess.

Wonder if I could blame perfect circle on a joystick or something, then just say I have an elaborate /melody hotkey and just press F8 everytime I kill a mob.

cant do anything to you as long as your at your comp and not afk....your not cheating technically if your at your comp and your not doing anything to cheat the system, ie warp etc.

Dman0129 said:
cant do anything to you as long as your at your comp and not afk....your not cheating technically if your at your comp and your not doing anything to cheat the system, ie warp etc.
Wrong.

Here is the EULA for EQ:
9. You may not use any third party software to modify the Software to change Game play.
MQ2 falls directly under that. So if you are AFK'ing with anything that has to do with 3rd party software that changes game play (broad definition, huh?), then they win. Granted they do not have to prove anything to you. Its there game.

Mateo

Unless you write the code for mq2 then you are safe=). Also in the EULA technically they can ban you for anything. Technically going AFK is not being in control of your character=).

Wierd thing happening in HoH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back