• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Idea - why no install all button (1 Viewer)

RedCents
120¢
so we have this wonderful update all button ...is it possible..probable..or reasonable to have a install all button for use after update all button?

it could be as simple as IDRAC I or something with taste ...who nose

You do not realize how much is available. 330 macros 150 Lua 153 plugin. You won't use or even know what most of them do. If you have something that
needs solving then look for a resource to do it, you will in any case come back here even if everything is installed to see what this macro named XYZ does.

What would the install all button do? you watch a resource like a macro or a Lua, and it gets put in the launcher then you hit the button to install it, and thats it, then you can keep all your resources updated with the update all button.

remember plugins dont need to be watched, they are allready in your install, and gets updated it they need to be when mq gets updated.

the only plugins that will appear in your plugins tab is the premium pay plugins, and they appear without watching the resource one you purchased access to them.

and will get updated too with the updates of mq.

Do you mean a button to install all the luas, all the macros?

I think he meant "install all stuff I have watched" which makes sense, but...tbh that install button should be a once in a lifetime click per resource :-D

As far as I heard, there is a new launcher in the works?

yeah i feel i heard that too. but i am personally more excited for the new meshgen we know and seen and heard about.. now that is exciting af

Thanks for replys guys .. I appriciate all the work that is done here...and your right if i knew and understood it all I would do it myself ... was just a thought and when old men have questions they usually just blert em out.

Each request (Install Click) does an API request to the website, then downloads files, then hits the api on the website again to let it known when you downloaded it. Imagine coming back from a patch. 100s of people all click install all at once. Would be a bad idea for the servers without the launcher being entirely recoded.

Idea - why no install all button

Users who are viewing this thread

Back