• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Why aren't there more HUDs? (1 Viewer)

Puck

RedCents
220¢
I've started looking into HUDs and wanted to see different styles that people had created, but I only found a couple examples in the forums here, and stuff at the mq2 site seemed to mostly be years old. Do people not really use huds, or is the hud community just dying out like eq? Sorry for such a newb question.

I was sort of interested in hud's a while back, but like he said, there's only so much real-estate even with a good widescreen monitor. Unless you have the cash for a 30 inch monitor that can display MASSIVE resolutions.. I find the map to be enough of a HuD for me, will usually toggle between named/everything to check things. I'm a map-a-holic, I have it up all the time. Now that it's re-sizable it's even better, I can make it smaller or extend it for those really hefty zones.

sorry this doesn't answer anything about your question just wanted to put my experience in.

Any progress on the hud, maskoi? not trying to push you; i just wasnt sure if you'd forgotten about it or if it was just on the back-burner for a moment because of all of the other work you've been doing.

Why aren't there more HUDs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back