• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Who should pull? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,449¢
In a group with SK, Dru, Chant, Mag x3 (all RGMercs) who should pull?
I've tried both the Dru and the Chant, and I'm still not sure which way to go.
I haven't tried SK pulling and pets tanking, any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you.

In a group with SK, Dru, Chant, Mag x3 who should pull?
I've tried both the Dru and the Chant, and I'm still not sure which way to go.
I haven't tried SK pulling and pets tanking, any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you.
should take the crew to the mobs with the sk in the lead and kill them where they stand imo :p

Assuming you are post SoD and greater than level 85 or so, the hunter tanking thing is great. Get some pokers for the mages with alleviating burst and melee'ing generally will offset the loss of the meditate time entirely.

Additional benefit that isn't mentioned as much is that, post level 70 and with EoK unlocked, if you hunter tank it, your swarms will get used on more mobs by not waiting for pull time to sick them on the next target. If you cast one less swarm spell that's like minutes of medding without OOC regen.

If you have to homestead it, SHD is your best puller. I pull on the tank when checking out new areas and manually pulling to be careful.

I go against the grain with the whole hunter method, at least in non-instanced zones. If you are the least bit concerned about risk management using the tools, set up a traditional pull spot and pull to your group using a tank as the puller if in a non-instance zone.

I see clumps of groups roaming around all the time, using automation for sure, as they go from one mob to another across a non-instanced zone, and it looks very suspect and attention drawing. Not a good idea in my book.

Now if you do this in instanced zones, it's not so much of a concern.

I go against the grain with the whole hunter method, at least in non-instanced zones. If you are the least bit concerned about risk management using the tools, set up a traditional pull spot and pull to your group using a tank as the puller if in a non-instance zone.

I see clumps of groups roaming around all the time, using automation for sure, as they go from one mob to another across a non-instanced zone, and it looks very suspect and attention drawing. Not a good idea in my book.

all the people watching you on MQ know your 6 man is roaming right to mobs and killing.. :golfclap:

all the people watching you on MQ know your 6 man is roaming right to mobs and killing.. :golfclap:
Never said I was watching people on the map or with any other tool. Actually seeing a clump of characters within view all mashed up running from mob to mob looks obvious. How do I see this? Because they run through my camps all the time. So I follow them around and see it live. And if I am following them around seeing it live, other non-MQ players are too. Except they are quickly mashing their petition button.

SK with "Puller Tank" mode enabled works really well. Everyone else in assist mode. I like how the map window updates with the pull Arc/radius. Get to know your "Pulling" tab and the "Ignores" tab in the CTWN window.

Yes, I want to be cautious. However, the zones I'm in are old and all mine. If I stopped every time a stranger was in my zone, I'd only lose 1% of my playtime.

Question - Who should pull?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back