• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

What is the minimum it takes to drop Ireblind? (1 Viewer)

shadowman33

RedCents
70¢
got a serker friend that is working on 1.0. I want to help him take down Ireblind, but could use info on what is the least I need to take him down. I've read of lvl 70's solo'ing him although I'd love to see that myself LOL.
Any strats would be helpful also.

The Max Stats veteran rewards trivializes most of these Epic 1.0 boss mob encounters.

With 500 to all resists you should have no probelms at all with 2 or 3 65s.

Wrong.

This bastard spawns about 30 lvl 50 adds.
Now, while this would be ok if you could just burn him down, you can't. Cause about every 25 secs, he casts a stun spell.

Even with a very high end bard singing group resists where everyone in the group was capped, and lvl 70 and pretty uber, the stun landed everytime. On everyone.

I got to cast once SOMETIMES every 30 secs on him. And his range for the AE is MUCH larger than ours to cast. So as soon as you get in range, you get nailed.

Compound that with the fact that you will get adds in the zone. Their aggro radius is too large for you no to. Unless of course you can solo or duo a complete PoF clearing.

Group consisted of lvl 70 necro, bard, ranger, and cleric.

All of these toons are very uber. Once you kill the PH, an named IMP spawns, when you kill him, another one spawns in his place. All the while, every 10% life or less, he spawns 2 lvl 50 adds. We killed first named imp, started on second, and ended up having 4 adds from the zone, 4 spawned adds, the named, then by the time we all died about 30 spawned adds, and about 10 zone adds.

So my buddy comes up with his 70 warrior, 18k hps fully anguished geared, and his 5 bots. All lvl 70 and uber also.

It took us...about 30 mins to kill this bastard and all the adds.

This is NOT soloable, nor is it duoable. Here is the info on his spell if you don't believe me.

From Ally's:

Shocking Aura-
Spell Type: Detrimental Skill: Inate
Mana: 0 Target Type: PB AE
Casting Time: Instant Duration: 1 ticks @L1 to 3 ticks @L6
Recast Time: 120 Resist: Magic (-1000)
Fizzle Time: 0.00 Range to target: 0
AE Radius: 500 Interruptable: No
Reflectable: Yes

Now, either they changed this mob, or all the people saying they solo'ed this bitch are fucking liars. cause as you can tell, your getting stunned constantly, and you can't get out of range and still deal DMG to this fucker.

Bring a full group of your buddies, and BURN him down. Don't deal with adds until he's dead, the longer he's up, the more adds he spawns.

The tank was never in danger of getting killed even with named and about 40 adds on him, and two clerics that were being stunned every 20 -30 secs.

So, no worries there.

Anywho, have fun, I hate this mob.

Letmein you are wrong.

I watched a Bard & necro Duo him. & the Necro could have soloed him. takes a while but it can be done. Lich form for the win. or you can use crimson potions. It definately Can be soloed that is for sure

Uh huh. :rolleyes:

shadowman33, ... hold on one sec *puts his shit walking boots on* sorry, the shit's getting high in here, don't waste your time with 2 or 3 toons.

Bring a group. It'll be much easier, and you'll actually kill it. LOL

Spartan said:
Letmein you are wrong.

I watched a Bard & necro Duo him. & the Necro could have soloed him. takes a while but it can be done. Lich form for the win. or you can use crimson potions. It definately Can be soloed that is for sure

ROTFLOL

Oh.....my sides hurt.....comedy gold......c-o-m-e-d-y GOOOOOOLD!

You know what.

I bet two warriors (or equiv.) could solo this guy with the following exceptions.

1) The zone is clear. I.e a guild just successfully cleared PoF.

2) One warrior keeps aggro on named the entire time, while second melee kills every add that he spawns as he spawns them.

and most importantly...

3) MQ2 and NoStun FTW

:p

With those three things....he could be duo'ed I think. Casters are worthless in this fight, as they are stunned and cannot cast 95% of the time.

If anyone solo'd or duo'd this mob they got very lucky and it took over an hour to do. I'm not here to flame anyone or call anyone a liar, but I will just tell you he has a shit ton of HP and spawn a ton of adds. Also good luck not getting any normal mob adds. As for resisting the AE you have 2 choices. First on is to be out of range of it and range = 500 so if your out of range your also not able to cast on him, shoot arrows at him or do anything. Second get your magic resists over 1000. So you see it is pretty much unresistable. This isn't really a stun as it is under the class of mezz, but it only lasts 30 seconds and then it gets recasted on you hehe. I do believe this AE may be directional thought as when I killed him the only bots that got this on them where infront of him. The issue with killing him is the adds. You ever try and cast with 40 mobs hitting you? Having dealt with this mob I would refer to Letmein's point of view.

Now if you don't want what happen to Letmein to happen to you then clear ever single mob around the area before pulling the PH and engaging him. Then kill the adds as they spawn then get back on him. This should make the encounter easier, but very very long. Probly longer than it would take to solo a Msha.

Good luck and just get a MQ of the drop for him.

Yeah, Ally's has this as a spell in the "mezz" line. But when you get effected by this spell, it does give you the "you cannot cast while stunned" bull shit.

So I think they may need to re-classify it as a stun.
Either way, if you want to try and duo this mob, by all means, give it a shot. I'd go with a beefy tank and a cleric. The key I would think is for the tank to be able to keep sufficient aggro on all the mobs so the cleric can heal.

Even then, it's gonna be one long ass fight, cause that guy has a shit ton of hit points. And like I said, you have to in effect kill two named. Both of which spawns these essence adds.

This was actually just last night BTW LOL. I thought this post was kinda ironic, cause I hate PoF, and I hate that god damn imp. I was up there trying to get the Eyerazzia to drop for my rogue, when the bastard spawned under the first scarling I killed. LOL

the tactic to this guy is pretty easy, I can duo him very easy but it does take some time.

First I am using an lvl 70 Necro, and lvl 70 shaman, I clear the zone in area which makes about 1/3 of the zone clear, I Make sure all the imps are dead, if while killing the Imps the First Trigger spawns I drag him out of the way and then continue my clearing. the purpose of this clearing is simple ADDs during the main fight. this part normally takes me about an hour.

Second, I prepair for the Main fight, get buffed (usually still have conviction and BBB at this point) shaman does full buffs all stats and hps and regen on pets and toons including Champion or FA. each toon then has a dot running on them selfs (necro-lich, shaman-sicken) this Helps reduce the MEZ, it's not a stun, once I'm ready, I send in the pets to kill the PH and spawn the Ire, he spawns, pets agro, I unload with Dots and med to the best I can, normally I'm on horse back anyways. when adds spawn the necro runs them out and takes them down one by one, while the pets continue to chew on the Ire, The adds come in 4 to 6 every 30% easy to kill for the necro. shaman keeps healing pets, and a dot or 2 on Ire. This fight like this takes me about 30 mins, maybe as much as 45, I have died 3 times and killed him at least a dozen. I usaully die becuase I Agro one of the golems and he DT's me.

The necro has (at this time) 243 AA, and just over 6kMana less then 5K hps buffed, FT 15, Natual regen is near 30. the shaman has 223 AA, just under 6K mana, just over 5500hps FT15, Natural Regen of 28. most gear is OoW/bazaar with some from DoN.

this mob is not that tuff, just be ready for the Mezes

Killed him 10 days ago.
Used Warrior, Shaman, Bst, Cleric and Rogue.

But now i know i think Rogue is not needed.

Try to get him maxxed dottet because if you are stunned/mezzed he will go back to his spawn point and regen his HP.
In this time you are maybe lucky to kill his dumb ass adds.

The adds can you wake up if you lucky a second time. so you can heal your party. It was overpowered force think BST SHaman can duo him.

regards

I've never fought this mob or seen anyone do it, however, I can shed some light on the Stun vs Mez issue that may clear up why some people say they can duo it.

When you are mezzed in PvP or by Mob Mez if you try to cast a spell it will give you the error message as if you are stunned. So the "you cannot cast while stunned" message is somewhat misleading. You're not actually stunned, you're mezzed.

The way people get around the mez is by buying crimson potions in PoTranquility to put on a self-dot that will break the mez in 1 tic or by self dotting themselves (Necro lich has this effect as well).

So both groups are right, if you don't dot yourself, you need alot more people. If you do dot yourself or use Crimson pots, you can do it with alot less people because you don't have to be mezzed for 30 seconds.

What is the minimum it takes to drop Ireblind?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back