• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - What angle do you prefer? (In the game Everquest) (1 Viewer)

FPS vs Third-person.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First person is worst person.

I usually scroll out as far as possible and tilt the camera so I'm looking down on the action. In a raid setting, you see auras much better and your positioning is easier to control.

I feel first person is more immersive. But, I think on these forums, immersion doesn't matter as much as the numbers do. :shrug:

I will always be a RP'er at heart and want that connection.

Just for the cause of science.

FPS.

VS

Third-person.

I prefer 3rd person view.
I like to stare at the book as I med...waiting for that WHACK and Moan to take me out of my slumber

Spiderman Noir GIF by Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse

As a general rule, I greatly prefer to play the game in first person.

Situationally, though, third person is just objectively better. SK during prime swarming days, it was so easy to get a few mobs behind you and not even realize it in first person. That being said, these days if mobs location relative to me is extremely important, I'm watching them on the map so first or third is more or less irrelevant.

The truth is I'm the friend who gets lost going from the Guild Lobby to the Bazaar in PoK every time. I'm the friend you keep a Mage around to CoTH me to camp and a Rogue for the corpse runs getting in CoTH range.
But I'm the friend who always kills the mob when he gets there. The Dragon, the Giant, The Group Or Raid mob I kill it and get my guys out alive. So to that end it doesn't matter what I'm looking at. Just get me there and I'll kill it.

I use first person, unless I'm doing CC, then I'll swap to 3rd and rotate the camera around periodically to catch any potential incoming

First person sounds cool, and for shooter games I prefer it. As a main tank in EQ however, first person staring at the big toe of the mob you're fighting is pretty terrible.

I prefer 3rd person scrolled out as far as possible (without mq2camera) so i can see the battlefield and pick up / see anything that's approaching the raid/group and go grab it before it becomes a (bigger) problem.

Third person. But specifically in EQ it’s zoomed out from 1st person. So if something is wonky I can mouse scroll and get into first person quickly without the f9 hassle

Discussion - What angle do you prefer? (In the game Everquest)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back