• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - What angle can your tank Block/Parry/Dodge? Also what are penalties for being hit on side/rear? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
70¢
I'm asking this because my tank often pulls multiple mobs from multiple directions. I try to face him in the optimal direction but having the exact details would help here.

Anyone know the exact angle that your tank will block/parry/dodge?

Is it safe to assume if the direction you're facing if you can attack the mob then you can block/parry?

Also anyone know the penalties for getting hit from side or rear? Are they the same?

Thanks.

Pretty sure there is front arc (180°) and rear arc (the other 180°).
If it helps, think straight forward is zero degrees. Can go up to 90° either direction. Everything else is a strike to the back.

To block and parry, the mob needs to be in the front arc. I don't remember if you can dodge attacks from the rear arc.

If you have agro on all the mobs, you can probably reposition to get them all on the front arc. Either back up until they line up, or move through them and turn around.

Thanks for the response, I read about the 180 degrees somewhere else as well.

I guess I can test this out on low level mobs. Just go exactly east of them and take one tiny step south, face north, then see if you still block parry.

Also your attack angle is much lower than 180 degrees. It's prob closer to 150 to 160 degrees. Which is what I assumed you could block from as well.

Question - What angle can your tank Block/Parry/Dodge? Also what are penalties for being hit on side/rear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back