• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Request - warrior swarming .ini (1 Viewer)

RedCents
655¢
ok i have a 88 war with 3k aa and decent gear im trying to learn what skills or aa to use to swarm correctly is there a kiss assist with this set up in the burn section can someone let me know how to set this up ?

Wasn't aware warriors could swarm. Maybe if they're hit with the cleric's lvl 92 vow line spell, but I don't see any other possible way. No lifetaps, no invulnerability spells... I really don't see how it'd be possible.

Swarming is all relative anyway. The trick is to find a spot that works for your group setup and then never tell anyone about it ever unless you dont want to use it again because people like to appear to be clever and show off what they know to others =P Then the spot/method gets nerfed inside of a week. Which is why I will never for any reason disclose my xp spot for power leveling toons to 100 with max AAs. My non-swarm peaks at over 3k kills per hour, usually in the 1500-1800 kills though because I prefer to afk it and not babysit. ..and no, i won't say where or how i do what i do because i value it for PLing when I make a new toon.

Not nerfed for raid geared sks since they can kill 80 mobs or so before mc fades. It has a hitcounter of 1300 hits now but that in combination with epic which has a 800 hitcounter is enough to finish a swarm... But note that I said raid geared ;)
Other than that procs and so on are just working as before... There is a small chance you get a mortal residue which prevents a reproc of mortal coil but since 1 is enough to kill them all that wont matter...

Too bad the real great things stay unreachable for me, eighter because people can't share theyer hard worked out strategies for given reasons (which I respect) or it needs a toon to be raidgeared...

I missed out on swarming as I came back as it was getting nerfed..., but from reading evilgamer and other forums my understanding was that the crucial bit was procing heals(from epic or mortal coil or leechcurse) from ripostes which is nerfed now.

Getting healed by ripostes would mean that you would not care at a certain level how many weak light blue mobs were on you, as long as the dmg they could do was less than dmg healed by ripostes to each one.

So swarming meant get train -> click epic -> get healed from ripostes -> get MC from killing -> keep killing forever as MC should be refreshing from kills

Nowadays I understand, you do not get heals from ripostes when MC/Epic is running. This would mean, that adding more mobs -> death at some point.

Sidenote:This is different from old warrior earthshaker AOE groups, where it was crucial to get as many mobs as possible so earthshaker could proc as much as possible from ripostes while evasive or some other evasion disc was running. Of course that was nerfed a long time ago.

For example, I am half raid geared for 90 (Elegant Soulrender) and half raid geared for 95 (Gelid Soulrender) and have 8k AA now at 95. I usually fight at around 9k-9500AC. With epic or MC I can take on 10-15 light blues in HOT zones. More than that and I am dead meat.

Am I missing something? Should I be trying Kaesora Lib, Zeka or Beza or MG? Is there some disc that can still make it feasible to handle 40+ mobs?

Evilgamer guys with 100, 10k AA, 100k hp/10k AC were saying that they could handle 40-50 in Kaesora Lib just by forcing it, but that it was not working as before. Of course, maybe they were trying to hide something.. :P

EDIT: doh did not realize this was Level 1

Last edited:
Read my post again about doing 80 mobs, I do that all the time in KL raid instance(hard) my sk has max aa and lvl 100 and I use a Snowreaver 2hs
And about the riposte, there has been NO change to riposte it heals u just fine like it always did. The change was only to MC. Even without raidgear I think it might be possible but then you must use visage of death and second spire AA...

If that's the case, I'm gonna go hit Ft.Mech. Haven't done ANY swarming since the change. My SK is 97 with 7100AA and wearing Boreal. I should be ok lol. I doubt any of those mobs will hit me before MC fades.

Request - warrior swarming .ini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back