• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

warr ramp nurf tomorrow? (1 Viewer)

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=118554
*** Miscellaneous ***

- We fixed a number of issues with Legends of Norrath within EverQuest.
- Fixed a problem with transformation molds where items transformed could not be linked in the chat window.
- Weapon procs will now only fire on the player's main target.
- You now need to be in full screen mode to change your resolution size under the options menu. While in windowed mode, you can simply drag the window border to resize the window.

R.I.P. es pulls :(

What really tics me about it is that wizzies and mages can still beam kite Icefall all day for mad AA and they nerf somthing people have been doing for years and only works well in 3 zones anyways (DS Hallows, PoV, and PoFire with multiple es'ers... yes I realize there are other zones such as PoI but the exp sucks).

This will further cause Zek's population to dwindle because nobody wants to level up their pvp alts the old fashioned way.

directional Ae spells. meaning one gets aggro, runs em around till another does a directional ae, prolly gets aggro, repeat till nauseous or mobs are dead. Whichever comes first. At least thats how I've seen it done :)

Beam kiting

73+ mage/wizzie spells that cause a Frontal AE for a little over 1200 damage and a considerable amount of mana. Wizzies spell is instant. Basically there is no limit with the amount of mobs you can hit the spell with, so you go to icefall and round up every mob you can find (that hopefully doesnt summon!), and mount up and cast this spell over and over til the mobs are dead.

So pretty much its like using AE spell over and over only you can kite the mobs in the process.

I was talking to a mage buddie of mine he says he can get 15ish AA's in 20 minutes of doing this.

ES pulls have no where near as big of a reward, no where near as easy, and no where near such a simple set up. Not to mention we've had them since 2003...

Luckily I sold my shaker for 2 mill earlier. I paid 5 for it however.

I can see why blue servers would rejoice about this nerf (more es'ing = less exp groups), but on pvp where nobody wants to PvE, its going to make even more people quit because they cant blast their twinks up in levels and AA's to be able to contend in whatever level range they choose to pvp at fast enough for them to get enjoyment out of the game. If you've ever joined Zek general it usually consists of:

Twinkyrngr tells general "wtb es pulls"
Crecillian tells general "WTS ES Pulls dranik hallows instance 20k per spot PST"
Naezbutt tells general "Wtb lv65 pvp in OT"
Senjuju tells general "Naezbutt down 89 pts"
Naezbutt tells general "omg i got pk"
Naezbutt tells general "Wtb two ES pulls so i can max out defense omg"
Tankages tells general "Selling shaker pulls 25k each, in a good ~60's zone"
Xfarmerx tells general "Tankages scams"
Twinkyrngr tells general "no i bought a few pulls off him yesterday was 100% legit"
Naezbutt tells general "Tankages in PoV"
Every level 75 on zek "OMW"
Tankages tells general "Lol im a retard, and suck at es pulling, and am worth 0 points so dont come"

See on Zek we dont LFG we LFP(vP)! And thats almost non-existent now. I cant imagine how hard the es pull nerf is gonna hit us, with no influx of new chars because seriously who wants to grind through the 50's.

I honestly believe Zek has 2 more months before we get shut down and given free transfers :(

warr ramp nurf tomorrow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back