• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Various Tradeskill MACS (1 Viewer)

i will write one up .. I can get you to 188 i think .. without farmed material .. but its a bit pricey ..

but hey .. who cares about PP ..

8-)

will work on it today and tomorrow..

just finishing up a few tasks at home that have to be donebefore i go back to work

8-)

army

PS still working on the salvage function... grrrr Damn sony .. 8-)

Thanks army, I figured it out. Had to have my mouse in the lower right hand section of the screen instead of centered, but pottery one worked beautiful. I'm somewhat impatient and simply doubled all the purchase values, other than that, worked great, about 20 minutes to go from 151 to 188. Thanks mano.

only reason i went with the purchase values i did is to save some costs...

like brewing.. toon hits 199 at the first combine of 40 .. and well the macro doesn't stop till those 40 are done... sooooo .. toon is now skill 201 ..

oh well it happens..

Glad you all are enjoying these.. will get tailoring and new alchemy ones up soon .. today i hope

army

Do any of these incorperate the free skill ups in Abysmal sea? They get you to 54 but are time consuming? And does the macro check to see what skill you at (im pretty sure it does) so no wasted money?

No on skill up quests

yes on check for skill but only after a session is done..

so if you just bought 60 sets for MHB - brewing .. and you are 199 skill already .. it will do all of those 60 combines before it checks you skill again

armysoldier said:
No on skill up quests

yes on check for skill but only after a session is done..

so if you just bought 60 sets for MHB - brewing .. and you are 199 skill already .. it will do all of those 60 combines before it checks you skill again

OK its time to do the math here ... if your within 10 of max skill its time to do some math. The way I do it is when I get within 10 I use Army's other skill mac called Combine. You should know by heart what ya need by then so just buy a certain amount and use Combine.mac to do it.... macs are great but you might have to watch them when they are at top end unless you have pp to spare just let it run till finished problem with that is you could skill over 200.

got the top-level object. it has been removed error when starting to pottery.mac
usen the zip of the 1st page any idea ??

naver mind fixed by downloaden a cades compile instead of mine

Last edited:
someone with salvage .. pls try this

change

Rich (BB code):
|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
|Sub Event Salvage
Sub Event_Salvage
     /call cleanPack "${Container}"
/return

to
Rich (BB code):
|Sub Event Salvage
Sub Event_Salvage
         /call readIni "${CombItemName}"
/return

my thought behind this is ... cleaning the container works when the macros run normally ... and before salvage became a problem .. it is called in the read ini sub...

SO why not just call it again .. to ensue the container is cleaned properly

let me know what happens

if this doesn't work .. then a custom clean function will be build just for salvage

as for the RUN5 messing with pathing.. have the toon walk ... thats what i do

noticed something odd...

looks like smithing 1 and smithing2 both tend to over run the forge. need to pay attention and move the toon back slightly as well as move the cursor just off center to the left a bit in order to get the enviro to open.

just a heads up....I wouldn't run smithing1 or 2 afk.

armysoldier said:
someone with salvage .. pls try this

change

Rich (BB code):
|Sub Event Salvage
Sub Event_Salvage
/return

to
Rich (BB code):
|Sub Event Salvage
Sub Event_Salvage
         /call readIni "${CombItemName}"
/return

my thought behind this is ... cleaning the container works when the macros run normally ... and before salvage became a problem .. it is called in the read ini sub...

SO why not just call it again .. to ensue the container is cleaned properly

let me know what happens

Army I tried this today using the fletching macro, it worked like a charm! Thanks!

I still don't get why you are not using a 'proper' fix for the problem such as getting rid of string TLO and calling the right stuff.

do you use a precompile? string TLO has been removed a long time ago so the code you have there is not correct for new versions of MQ2 (unless you manually put string TLO back).
don't put clean container after every combine it won't solve the problem of string TLO.

To fix the problems do what I said before about making container an outer variable and to fix cleanpack problems change:
/if (${String[${PackNumber}].Equal[e]}) {
to
/if (${PackNumber.Equal[e]}) {

also this will help:
Sub Event_Salvage
/call ClearCursor
/return

and this is the SLOW sucker:
sub ClearCursor
:Loop
/if (!${Cursor.ID}) /return
/autoinv
| /destroy
/delay ${Math.Calc[${DelayMult}*5]}s
/doevents
/goto :Loop
/return
change that *5 to *1 or *2 and it will be a lot faster.

hey army, I know you had mentioned breaking that alchemy mac into 2 seperate macros for AS and SH, just curious if you are still working on that. No big deal, just had not heard any new word on it.

have not updated the code on the various pages..

but the ZIP is up todate

updated cleanpacks

and some other string references that were found

let me know issues

STILL TO COME

tailor.mac

poison.mac

there is an alchemy.mac in VIP of MQ2 forum .. so i will not repost one may just tweak the one here to add the next few skill ups

btw you can get alchemy up to 234 by adding Greater Mystical Infusion. is 2 components of Sickle leaf and Yerbhimba at same verdor in SH. Verdor is Steaon Alarenier. I have not checked but did you add the check into the alchemy script with the new REcipes?

sounds good army, but please make sure you use both recipes as going from 223 to 234 cost me over 20k easy. the one component costs 52p per. Thanks again.

Very nice work on this Macro Army... however I did encounter a problem... I am running the Smithing2.mac and when I get the message "You failed to combine, but you managed to recover Leather Padding" the macro ends. If anyone knows a fix for this let me know please, appreciate it... keep up the good work!

MAN o MAN .. i am getting old..

I missed smith2 for updating the string for the container...

DL the updated zip and try it again.. lemm eknow if it doesn't work now

8-)

VERY Sorry

I noticed something odd with the CE mac.

Basically I changed the number to 180 cause i only needed a smaller amount of CE.

Fire it up, it runs but when i come back to my machine, I have crashed to desk.

It makes all the CE, opens the mixing bowl in inventory, and over all works perfect other than, the toon crashes to desktop, completely repeatable, everytime, i would suspect upon completion of the macro because, when i log back in, the toon has the CE in inventory.

i run it all the time.. and works fine..

i get CTD when i forget to have it open the new UI ... 8-)

remember the Zip file has current code...

DO NOT COPY PASTE the macros from the posts.. use the zip ..

work has been hell ... so i have been away from the puter for a few days

armysoldier said:
i run it all the time.. and works fine..

i get CTD when i forget to have it open the new UI ... 8-)

remember the Zip file has current code...

DO NOT COPY PASTE the macros from the posts.. use the zip ..

work has been hell ... so i have been away from the puter for a few days

aight army. I'll download the latest zip. btw, i does open the new UI. np. like i said, it works perfectly fine other than crashing at the end of the mac. I'll watch it closer next time I run it, since I usually fire up and walk away.

I tried these last night with mixed success, mostly non-success. I just redownloaded the ZIP and compared file dates--I was not using the current versions. So I won't talk about any problems with the scripts until I try the latest versions (hopefully tonight).

However, I did have a wierd occurrance where the smithing mac (first one) works only 1 iteration. The second time around I find that the Forge is gone. I mean, it has totally despawned. missing. After a hour or so I saw the forge was back up so I tried it again with the same symptom--get one batch of skill ups then "poof". Perhaps it would be worthwhile to use the other forge next to Snokin since you walk past it on the way out of the room anyway. I'm wondering if others have this problem.

Also, just to help out anyone with pathing problems. I ended up having to go to walk mode instead of run to make the pathing work. Otherwise I would loop-de-loop and end up falling over the railing--no SH--! Once I clicked run off everything went smoothly.

On another general topic, I recall that the first tradeskill you have that goes over a certain level (200?) becomes your specialty and others are then blocked from raising above that level until you get certain AAs. Is that still true?

Thanks for the help, and thanks for the macs. Fletching went off without a hitch up to 125 when I had to stop for the night.

Just one observation... I caught it hitting the TRIV for the current recipe right after beginning a batch. So I stopped the mac, sold the useless ingredients and restarted so it would go to the next recipe. I know it would have done it eventually, but if you crank these macs up to the next level of polish, you might consider an event to abort the current run, sell, and go to the next recipe upon the "You can no longer increase your skill..." message.

On another general topic, I recall that the first tradeskill you have that goes over a certain level (200?) becomes your specialty and others are then blocked from raising above that level until you get certain AAs. Is that still true?

yes that is still true, so if you want to make sure that does not happen, change the value in the macro before you run it.

ran into an issue with pottery....

fired up the mac infront of the NPC in the notes....mac hangs at reading ini and just sits.

Ran mistletoe mac last night for the first time. Only major problem was that the smithing ini has collapsible mixing bowl instead of mixing bowl. Easily remedied, but wish I'd studied the ini in more detail first! The only other issues are that sometimes it tries to put stacks of items in the container, and when it does it moves on to the next sequence and puts the whole thing out of sync. Other than that, it works very well, especially for such a complex macro. It is taking me longer than I thought to skill up though, and costing more money too!

BadPuss said:
Ran mistletoe mac last night for the first time. Only major problem was that the smithing ini has collapsible mixing bowl instead of mixing bowl. Easily remedied, but wish I'd studied the ini in more detail first! The only other issues are that sometimes it tries to put stacks of items in the container, and when it does it moves on to the next sequence and puts the whole thing out of sync. Other than that, it works very well, especially for such a complex macro. It is taking me longer than I thought to skill up though, and costing more money too!

Are you sure it's putting multiples or do you have Salvage skill? I posted a fix for that in mistletoe thread. Skillups will be slow, if you are working from ~220 skill it would cost you around 600k (I get that number from eqtraders forum) to get to 300 skill.

I do have salvage 3, but it's not that (& I am using latest zip). It sometimes wants to put 19 or so items, but it really doesn't do it very often.

OK, I used the latest ZIP last night. here is my feedback...

1) [Badpuss] try increasing the delay multiplier. I got impatient last night on fletching, dropped the delay mult from 1 to 0, and immediately had exactly the problem you described. Increased it back to 1 and it ran like a champ. Maybe you need to try mult 2...

2) FLETCHING: If I stop the macro and restart for any reason, the first thing it does is sell off all my fletching components and then rebuy them again... Not bad at lower levels, but costly at higher levels. Some of your other macros will recognize existing components and buy up to the correct level as needed.

3) Pottery is completely dead. It hangs upon attempting to read the .ini file.

4) Tinkering. Lots of declaration and assignment errors. At run time, got multiple fatal /assign errors saying the variable did not exist, but it did exist. It was type "Item" and the assignment was to an item name. Still happened after a reboot. I was able to get it to run ONLY by manually purchasing water and Gnomish Spirits and then running the macro. After that, it would purchase on it's own.

Also, got non-fatal: "/declare "Container" failed, name already in use", every time it went to perform combines. Still ran, though. I got up to skill 160 using all the Aqualungs I saved up. (skilled up from 75 to 160 for 38K plat). Anybody need about 50 Infusers? lol.

A second Tinkering2.mac would be helpful to alternately make Aqualungs and Infusers until the proper skill is reached or have it make the Aqualungs as a pre-req just as it currently makes Firewater as a pre-req as needed. As it stands I will have to manually make the prereq components.

Finally, I had a real headache with the Aqualungs being "Giant" size. Since I only had a couple giant-capable bags, I had to buy additional deluxe toolboxes to hold the results of the combines. Having 6 toolboxes in inventory was a problem. The macro selects the first available toolbox for combines, yet also selects the first available slot when buying and inventorying. The result was a constant battle between autoinventory and the combine operation. That crashed the mac often. the only fix was for me to manually move components from early bags down to Deluxe Toolboxes further down in inventory. Is there a way to force it to use the lower right toolbox for combines?

Otherwise, great work, I gave you a red cent today. :o

My problem with multi items seems to have disappeared. I also get the non-fatal "/declare "Container" thing, but as you said it's no problem. Fletching worked very well. Pottery certainly did work some time back, as I used it right to the end. Not tried the tinkering one.

I just hit 250 in Fletching for a little under 100K plat.

I'm pretty new, and just reviewed AAs this AM. Sheesh! I really should have waited until I got some tradeskill AA's for reduced failures...

Also, above, I meant Rebreathers not Infusers...

Excellent work on these macros Army (and everyone else that posted fixes/suggestions)!!

I tried the Tinkering mac tonight, and it worked great up to skill 75. After that, I get

Rich (BB code):
/varset failed, variable 'CompA' not found  

tinkering.mac@268 (Firewater): /varset CompA"water flask"
tinkering.mac@105 (Main): /if (${Me.Skill[Tinkering]}>=75 && ${Me.Skill[Tinkering]<123 && ${FindItemCount[=Firewater]}<10 /call Firewater

/varset failed, variable 'CompB' not found

tinkering.mac@268 (Firewater): /varset CompB"water flask"
tinkering.mac@105 (Main): /if (${Me.Skill[Tinkering]>=75 && ${Me.Skill[Tinkering]<123 && $FindItemCount[=Firewater]}<10 /call Firewater

I am using the latest Zip, D/L'd it tonight. I read the entire thread and noted the suggestions posted above about buying the Water Flasks and Gnomish Spirits, but that gave the same errors also.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

makes no sence why it gave u that error.. the veriables are delared as outer.. which means they can be used through out the mac.. not specific to only a SUB

will look into it as best i can

Try manually combining the spirits and water to get the firewater, then run the macro. Not sure, maybe that's what got it going for me. You do have to have a full stack of firewater before it will continue with the next combine.

Here is a shroom mac that i tested and it works. from mq2 gen.

Rich (BB code):
|---------------
| shrooms.mac
| harvests the kaladim fungi
| original macro was by psychotik
| Heavily modified by BrainDeath Last Update: 10-18-04

#turbo
#chat tell
#event Full "#*#There was no place to put that#*#"
#include common.inc

Sub Main
   /if (${GameState.Equal[CHARSELECT]}) /endmacro
   /cleanup
   /call ClearCursor
   /call DefineOuters
   /call CheckForPCs
   /doevents
   /varset BlueCount 0
   /varset RedCount 0
   /call Harvest
/return

Sub DefineOuters
   /declare DummyTime string outer
   /declare DummyMsg string outer
   /declare BlueCount int outer
   /declare RedCount int outer
   /varset DummyTime 15m
   /varset DummyMsg please don't bother me
/return

Sub Harvest
   /notify actionsmainpage AMP_WalkButton leftmouseup
   /afk off
   /delay 1s
   /sit off
   /delay 1s
:HarvestLoop

|  /call GetNextTargetR
  /call GetNextTargetB
|  /echo ${BlueCount}
  /if  ( ${BlueCount} > 6) /call GetNextTargetR
   /if (${Macro.Return.Equal[NOTFOUND]}) /goto :Pause
   /call CheckForPCs
   /doevents
   /call MoveToTarget
   /call GetIt
/goto :HarvestLoop

:Pause
   /notify actionsmainpage AMP_RunButton leftmouseup
   /delay 1s
   /target clear
   /face loc 661,-107
   /keypress CENTERVIEW
   /delay 1s
   /delay 1s
   /afk ${DummyMsg}
   /echo Countdown to next Harvest...
   /echo 6 minutes...
   /delay 1m
   /echo 5 minutes...
   /delay 1m
   /echo 4 minutes...
   /delay 1m
   /echo 3 minutes...
   /delay 1m
   /echo 2 minutes...
   /delay 1m
   /echo 1 minute...
   /delay 1m
   /echo Preparing to Harvest...
   /delay ${Math.Rand[300]}
   /call CheckForPCs
   /doevents
   /varset BlueCount 0
   /varset RedCount 0
   /afk off
   /delay 1s
   /delay 1s
   /notify actionsmainpage AMP_WalkButton leftmouseup
   /goto :HarvestLoop
/return

Sub MoveToTarget
:KeepMoving
   /face loc ${Ground.Y}, ${Ground.X}
   /delay 1
   /keypress forward hold
   /if (${Ground.Distance}>15) /goto :KeepMoving
:StopMoving
   /keypress forward
/return

Sub DummyMode
   /beep
   /beep
   /beep
   /echo Entering Dummy Mode...
   /delay 1s
   /afk ${DummyMsg}
   :waitabit
   /delay ${DummyTime}
   /if (${Spawn[gm].ID} || (${SpawnCount[pc radius 150 loc -140 640]}>1)) /goto :waitabit
   /afk off
   /delay 1s
/return

Sub CheckForPCs
   /if (${Spawn[gm].ID}) {
      /echo GM in Zone!
      /call DummyMode
   }
   /if (${SpawnCount[pc radius 150 loc -140 640]}>1) {
      /echo PC nearby!
      /call DummyMode
   }
/return

Sub GetIt
   /click left item
   /call WaitForPickup
   /delay 1s
   /delay ${Math.Rand[10]}
   /if (${Cursor.Name.Find[Mushroom]}) {
      /varcalc BlueCount ${BlueCount}+1
|      /if (${BlueCount}>7) /destroy
   }
   /autoinv
   /call WaitForDrop
   /delay 1s
   /delay ${Math.Rand[10]}
   /doevents
/return

Sub GetNextTargetR

/declare RedDistance local

/squelch /itemtarget *Red
   /if (${Target.Distance}) {
      /varset RedDistance ${Target.Distance}
   } else {
      /varset RedDistance 999
   }

/if (${Ground.Distance}>115) /return NOTFOUND
/return FOUND

Sub GetNextTargetB
   /declare BlueDistance local

/squelch /itemtarget *Blue
   /if (${Target.Distance}) {
      /varset BlueDistance ${Target.Distance}
   } else {
      /varset BlueDistance 999
   }

/if (${BlueCount}>7) /return NOTFOUND
   /if (${Ground.Distance}>115) /return NOTFOUND
/return FOUND

Sub GoGetIt

/face item

/keypress forward hold
   :move
   /if (${Ground.Distance}<8) {
      /keypress forward
   } else {
      /goto :move
   }

/delay 1s
   /face item
   /delay 1s
   /click left item
   /delay 2s
   /autoinv

/return

Sub Event_Chat
   /if (!${Me.AFK}) {
      /reply AFK Message: ${DummyMsg}
      /afk ${DummyMsg}
   }
   /echo Received a Tell...Ending.
   /beep
   /beep
   /beep
   /endmacro
/return

Sub Event_Full
   /call EndMacro "Your inventory is full...Ending."
/return

anon 456 said:
Excellent work on these macros Army (and everyone else that posted fixes/suggestions)!!

I tried the Tinkering mac tonight, and it worked great up to skill 75. After that, I get

/varset failed, variable 'CompA' not found
/varset failed, variable 'CompB' not found

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I was able to fix mine by finding the Sub for Firewater and then declaring CompA and B in there... see below..

Rich (BB code):
sub Firewater  
  /declare CompA item outer
  /declare CompB item outer
      /delay 1s
      /varset EndingVar 1
      /varset CompA "water flask"

Now if I can just make it stop drinking all my gnomish spirits. Low int/wis isn't good for TS'ing

Various Tradeskill MACS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back